Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-29-2006, 08:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/180/135

Height: 5'0

Post New please help!

Hello everyone

I'm knew and have no idea what I'm doing I'm working out at home because going to a gym can be alittle frustrating!

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how much exercise is to much I'm trying to walk on the treadmill atleast twice a day for 60 mins or is it to little????? I'm about 5'0 and weigh 180 pounds and I know that alot of people that I've talked to say did you put the weight overnight NO! then it isn't going to come off overnight I just need help is there anyone that can help me with a workout routine????
ihavefaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:25 PM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

If you have time to do two 60 minute sessions per day, by all means do so, but most of us don't so doing 40 to 60 mins once/day is more than plenty. Make sure you have good intensity, by this I mean that you are working hard and working up to a good sweat... Are you doing some weight training too? I highly recommend it. Adding muscle will burn more calories at rest and that's a good thing. Weight training also strengthens bones and keeps osteoperosis at bay...

Hope this helps and keep us posted on your progress...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/180/135

Height: 5'0

Post Thank You

Thank you Ilene.

I actually do not have the time to work out twice a day but am trying to make it before and after work.! I haven't included weight training I don't even know where to begin? It's been awhile since I worked out and getting back into it is a job in itself.
ihavefaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:40 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Yes, getting back into the routine of working out is a lot of work, but well worth it... Check out Krista Smash's site for some good ideas...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote