South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 06:18 AM   #1  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

Default Tantalizing Tuesday

I will make it through today!

I will get more grades entered for progress reports so I am not up here Thursday night until midnight!

I will stay on plan!

I will try to get to the gym sometime this year again!

Happy Tuesday ya'll!
Old 08-29-2006, 06:37 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sounds good to me, Louren! Thanks for starting us up. I like the title but am going to avoid anything tantalizing today.

We have a muddy paw morning again with more showers predicted so my gardening helper will be cancelled. I am really hoping to have my fall clean up done before Halloween this year!

This morning I am going to throw a small stew into the crockpot for an early supper as I have to be at the testing place with Lucy for 6:30. It's a 45 minute drive so supper will be very early for us all. We will work in some more training sessions today and just cross our fingers that she passes. I really want to be able to use two dogs in the TPOC program although not together.

So what's happening on your strip of the sand?
Old 08-29-2006, 06:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning!

Louren, it sounds like your day is going to be full of resolves! Take it one day at a time, and you'll be fine.

I never did get the opportunity to check in here yesterday, the day just got away from me! I'm back on Phase 1 for a few days, and I'm feeling better already. It really feels good to be back in control. I really have to watch myself, though. It's so easy to finish 1/2 of the girls' sandwich or grab a cookie without thinking. I made that Ratatouille recipe, and is it ever good! I had some for breakfast yesterday with an egg, and more for supper last evening with a little cheese melted over it. Lunch was Braised Kale w/Black beans and tomatoes with a little chicken tossed in. My menu today will be pretty much the same, since it looks like a busy day again.

Its time to go to Curves, so I better get going. Have a wonderful day!
Old 08-29-2006, 06:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi there, Ruth. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you that Lucy does fine today!
Old 08-29-2006, 06:48 AM   #5  

Morning gals!

Louren You can do it!!! One of the biggest things I like about my new position is no grading papers!!

Ruth Hope you day is good- good luck to Lucy!

Cottage Is the ratouille recipe posted? It does sound tasty. I will look back through, I bet Ruth gave us a link.

Me- The weight is creeping down a bit, although I think I will end the month with a slight gain or maintain. I made Spinach Souffle Stuffed Chicken Breasts for dinner. They were darn good! They are out of the orange cookbook, although I think the recipe is posted as well. I will check as I highly recommend the recipe.

Gotta jet!
Old 08-29-2006, 07:00 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

There is a recipe in the recipe section but it's not the one from the Quick and Easy Cookbook. I'll post that one when I get a chance.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:10 AM   #7  
Life's A Beach!

S/C/G: 270/264.5/170

Height: 5'5"

Well, *gulp* I'm about to go make my very first SBD breakfast on my very first day of SBD! Wish me luck....
Old 08-29-2006, 08:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 238.4/231.6/215/199/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey Girls ~ I'm baaaaaccccck! My trip went well and it was fun indeed to catch up with my girl gang. I have to say though, that the one thing that has changed in the 2 years that I've lived in Virginia, is that I no longer love the urban domain. I am an official counrty girl! It's so strange since I grew up in the city of Chicago and lived the suburban life as an adult. Give me space and give me mountains and the ocean anyday!

So, working to get back on track is my goal. I haven't gotten on the scale -- tooooooo scared...

Louren! Awesome weight loss chickie, bravo!!!

Other than not being totally OP, my life here is busy, getting 3 boys ready for school Sept 5. Our patio is almost complete and THE hot tub! will be here September 1st! Yaaaaahoooooooooo! Just in time for our Labor Day party!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:37 AM   #9  
Life's A Beach!

S/C/G: 270/264.5/170

Well, that was actually good! I'm pleasantly surprised. I had two scrambled eggs w/ a piece of lean canadian bacon tossed in, 1 c. FF cottage cheese and a low sodium V8. A big change from my bagel w/ peanut butter
Old 08-29-2006, 08:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

morning gals!!

Emily - glad you enjoyed breakfast!! the food is really yummy but somehow I keep getting into the mindset of feeling deprived. I know it's just attitude. we're not deprived at all!! Glad you're enjoying your first day so far!!

Ruth - I'll be thinking about you guys tonight. May she have calm focus all throug the test. We are in real need of rain still. Maybe tonight or tomorrow. It's so dusty here!

Skully - welcome back!! I was never a city girl. We liked to call it a city but it's not...and I find myself wanting country life. I don't want neighbors that can hear my backyard conversations! Give me country life - near a city - any day.

Cottage - I hear you girl!! Yesterday there were leftover pastries from a meeting...before I even thought about it I ate one!! I was most of the way through it before I thought...WHAT ARE YOU DOING???? It wasn't even that good. tasted salty, and sweet - that's all. No depth. Not worth it - that's for sure!

me - the scale hasn't changed much but inches are changing a lot. I need to measure again. People are finally noticing. when asked DF if I looked like I'd lost he said "probably." BTW he thinks that was a "yes dear, you look amazing." Boy can they be dense sometimes!

It was too hot yesterday to be outside exercising!! I rode 1/2 my normal bike route and was dizzy and shaky. So I bailed on the second lap. Today I'm going to run/walk and weight train. Got to get those legs stronger I'm trying to let the food just happen and make sure I have plenty of propper foods available to me....and focus on the exercise bit. Make sure I'm moving as often as possible.

For all of you guys excersising (and not) PLEASE make sure you're stretching!!! I got slack and boy was I hurting all over yesterday! Back to the stretching daily

have a great day!!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:36 AM   #11  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Smile Good Tuesday Morning

Hello Ladies - glad to see everyone made it thorough Monday -

Got on the scale down .2 lbs - better than the other way.

Well I wish everyone a GREAT Tuesday - hopefully I will get more time later to "hang" out and write more - work is a little crazy today
Old 08-29-2006, 10:16 AM   #12  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Checking in so you know I'm still around,Had a bad night after going to bed, I got pains in the back of my neck leading up to the top of my head{MIGRAINE}.Its gone now but I'm not going out of the house,for safe keeping,hoping it does come back. I had them before,but is was about 10 years ago. Asking Leo to pick something up from the pharmacy.Not going to stay on the computer that long.

Have a nice morning will pop in later

Hugs BB
Old 08-29-2006, 10:21 AM   #13  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

BeachBum - I hope you get to feeling better - I get them about 1x/month - I have special medicine the dr. gave me - I have to take that (maxalt) and if that doesn't help into the dr. office for a shot.

If you continue to get them, make sure you make yourself an appointment and get it checked out.

Well I hope you all have a GREAT day - RMT
Old 08-29-2006, 10:49 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/169/145

Height: 5'6

Hey you guys!!
I feel your pain with the headaches...I get migraines quite frequently myself. And I also take Maxalt for them...that stuff is the best thing since sliced bread! (whole wheat, that is...lol..and man that sounds good right now...) Anyhow...yesterday was a good day for me. I wasn't hungry at all. I had to make myself eat every few hours. I guess that's because I'm not used to eating breakfast. The more "filling" breakfasts are helping I guess! My "old" breakfast consisted of a Special K bar and a Mountain Dew...IF I had time...so go figure! My sister bailed on the diet...on the first day! She had a half of a Coke and sweetened tea (with REAL sugar). But DH did very well. I was surprised! I just hope I can tough it out for 12 more days...I really miss my Yogurt and my fruit!! Hope everyone has a WONDERFUL day!

Oh, does anyone know of a great brand of Balsalmic Vinaigrette? I've tried the Newman's Own brand and it's horrible! I'm trying to avoid making my own, but if all else fails, I'll HAVE to...just curious!

PP
Old 08-29-2006, 11:23 AM   #15  
Making changes!

S/C/G: 244/237/140

Good morning

Louren: It sounds like you're super focused for the day! You can do it!!

Ruth: Bummer about the showers. I'm sure you won't have any problems getting your clean up done by Halloween.

Cottage: Good for you getting back in control! Although I am new to SB, it's easy to slip up with any plan. The great news is that you're catching it early, instead of letting it get the best of you! Great job!!

Kiko: I saw that Spinach Souffle Stuffed Chicken Breast recipe in the book this morning, and thought it would be a good one to try. Thanks for letting us know what you thought... I will definitely give it a try now!

Emilie: Good luck! I am on day two, so only one day behind you. You'll do great. Yesterday was my first day, and I think I didn't eat enough... so make sure you eat all your meals and snacks. I'm sure you'll do great!!

Scully: Glad to hear you have a great time on your trip!

Grasshopper: Excellent on the inches lost!! You're doing great.

RMT: Congrats on your .2 loss! Any loss is great!

Beach: Sorry to hear about your pain. Hopefully it won't be a regular thing. Hang in there!

Priss: Happy to hear you had a great day yesterday! You should be proud that you're doing so well and sticking to it! I just started too (yesterday), so you and I can stick it out together, getting through P1. Like you, I REALLY miss fruit and fruity yogurt.

Me: I lived to tell about my first day on SB. The morning started off great... I had some eggs for breakfast with my friend before we headed out for our 40 minute walk. Not long after though, a severe headache and body aches rolled in, and got worse as the day went by, despite the Advil. I'm just glad I got to get my walk in before the discomfort set in.
I tried the Chicken Divan, which was fabulous! I also tried the Braised Kale, which was okay (a little too acidic for me I think), and the Mock Peanut Butter cookies were not to my liking, but it's fun trying new things and experimenting.
My hubby is eating everything I am, so he's not being difficult in the least. In fact, he's down 3 lbs since yesterday... MEN!
I don't think I ate enough yesterday, so today I will be eating regularly to hopefully stave off the withdrawal symptoms. So far, so good. I made an omelette for breakfast, which consisted of sauteed onions and zucchini, and a sprinkle of light cheddar and feta. I washed it down with a cold glass of 1% milk. I'm going to buy some more veggies later, along with some hummus to dip them in. I also think I'll try the Popcorn Cauliflower later too... it looks good!

Have a great day everyone. I know I will!
Closed Thread