Old 08-26-2006, 08:29 AM   #1  
SO Determined!

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up Military Spouses Kicking Butt #2 (Same girls, new thread)

Ok, per Ruth's suggestion, we're starting a new thread, hopefully everyone catches on!
Well, I'm giving the scale the silent treatment today, I splurged last night and I'm scared to see what it says...especially since I didn't go to the gym yesterday, now I will work twice as hard when I go today.

Keep up the good work ladies, & btw, I'd love to get a free trip from the Army to Hawaii, but I know the cons would TOTALLY outweigh the pros because I guarantee my husband would get deployed from there. Can't have your cake and eat it too! Good luck this weekend, I'll check in later
missyb4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 09:06 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Bumping to make it easier to find.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 275/246/180

Height: 5'4"

I find that its easy to just subscribe to the thread that way when you want to find it all you have to do is go to your user cp page so hopefully that will keep me from getting lost. Yup Hawaii is pretty nice but the cons definetely outweigh the pros here. Just wanted to drop in wish everyone a great weekend. I got on the scale for my weigh-in and I am down 3lbs YAY...
married2asoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:39 PM   #4  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hey everyone,

Keep posting in here so we can keep this going, anyone is welcome

My hubby just got back from hawaii a few weeks ago now and he'll be going off to somewhere near California I think next time, in October. Then back to Hawaii again later in the year I think.

Hahaha.. I just saw my 2 cats pouring water out of our water cooler into the tray below and drinking it. They are so bad!
I thought it was hubby getting a drink and I looked and it was the cats instead!

Hey Missy yeah best to stay off the scale for today if you think it might get you down. I weigh every day because I don't like to be surprised. If it's good, then great, but if not, at least I see it coming. It is amazing how much my weight yo-yo's from day to day. So far, now that I have been tracking it, it looks like I'll lose about 10 pounds a month, and I am more than happy with those numbers. Hopefully it will continue.

married2asoldier: I guess you just posted at the same time as me so I thought I'd edit and say congrats on the -3!

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:38 PM   #5  
searching 4 the real me

married2asoldier~ Congrats to you on your -3lbs!!!

Me & my 18mo. old got up early this morning and took a real nice walk. Then later tonight, I'lll be tackling the gym to get a good workout. I'll weigh in on Monday and start keeping better track on here. I like how you do your's Angie.

I went to the library a couple of days ago and was looking at some books. I opened up a book and there was a dollar bill in there. I guess whoever had it last was using it as a bookmark and forgot to take it out. *LOL*

Everyone is doing such a great job with their weight loss. Keep up the good work!!!
ssgtswife33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:38 AM   #6  
SO Determined!

AGH, I've been so horrible this weekend, I'm ashamed of myself!!! I splurged my fat butt OFF this weekend, and I'm paying for it now. I haven't been drinking enough water, and now I've got 3 stubborn lbs to take off to get rid of the damage I've done the past 3 days. Shame on me, I'll take 3 lashings please

On a slightly good note, I DID do somewhat of a workout yesterday. Did 100 situps on the AbLounger which I am DEFINATELY feeling this morning, and then I did 2 10 minute bootcamp workouts which worked the ever livin daylights out of my legs. I'll go to the gym today and work my toosh off out of guilt.

To all you loosing ladies, I'm VERY proud of you, you guys are inspiration to NOT do what I did this weekend Keep up the awesome work!!!
Old 08-27-2006, 12:19 PM   #7  
I'm on the wagon

Hi everybody!

Missy! bad bad bad! Try drinking LOTS of water for a few days and it might help flush it out. But hey not all is bad, you did exercise, so that's something positive! No point in beating yourself up about what is done. Were you depressed or ? If there's anything we can do to help, let us know (besides kicking your butt i mean! hehee)

ssgtswife: Hey nice surprise about the dollar, too bad it wasn't a 20 huh? darnit!

Hubby and I went out around town yesterday picking up a couple of things we wanted. I got a new tub scrubbie, my old one was worn out. These things are great!! If anyone here still washes the tub by hand, you might be interested in these things. It's a normal broom stick with a big "puff" on the end of it, which you scrub the tub with standing up. The puff is made out of that netting stuff, like the plastic pot scrubbers but a little finer. I use mine for the tub and the plastic walls surrounding. This one is made in Canada (where I am) but I'm guessing they must have them in USA too.

We went for a walk after dinner, and then we started working on a craft project (photo mat cutting).

I feel tired today but I'll probably perk up later on. It's Sunday which is my "cheat meal" day so woo hoo I'm lookin forward to that.

~ Angie
Old 08-27-2006, 05:02 PM   #8  
searching 4 the real me

Missy~ Hang in there girlie!! Atleast you did get some exercise in. Just don't beat yourself up. Just shake it off and jump back on the saddle. Also, make sure you get lots of water in.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:25 PM   #9  
I'm on the wagon

ssgtswife33
Where'd you get that bar with the girl on it, is that from the regular tickers or did you get it somewhere else? I like it!!

~Angie
Old 08-27-2006, 07:25 PM   #10  
SO Determined!

Ok, so - my eyes are floating I've been trying to flush out my system. Took my puppy on a walk tonight too after dinner, and luckily I didn't eat after 7pm either. I also went easy on the carbs today, just to calm down my system.

So, I totally wish I could find a dollar here and there, maybe I ought to go to the library more often huh??

Ladies, thank you for the support, and not letting me make excuses, just giving me advice and telling me to do it and get back on track. That's what i need. I know I splurged because I thought "oh, a little bit won't hurt" and I Just can't do that until I'm where I need to be, and then only in moderation...because if I give myself an inch right now, I'll take a mile...I'm working on the whole discipline thing. Oi, well, I'm out for the night. Need to take a shower, and drink some more water....lol. Sweet dreams girls!!
Old 08-28-2006, 12:23 AM   #11  
searching 4 the real me

Angie~ I got this ticker from another website. Here is the web addy if you would like to check it out http://lafemmebonita.com When you go to the addy, if you click on Fun Stuff, it will take you to a area where you can click on weight loss ticker. There are so many cute ones to choose from. They even have Avatars to choose from. My Proud Army Wife blinkie also came from there. They have all types of different services. They also have Air Force, Marines, Sailors and Navy.
Old 08-28-2006, 02:27 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 185/179/125

Height: 5'0"

Default EWWWWW I hate the scale!!!!

Ladies,

I went up a pound!!!! Not that time of the month, I haven't cheated. I have been working out and drinking my water. Oh well, I will keep going.

ssgtswife33: I went to that website and stole your idea, "Proud Navy Wife" blinke, hope that was okay.

Missy, Don't beat yourself up! We will all have times when we will cheat and go off course. I admire you for all the working out you do. When I grow up I want to be as motivated as you are about going to the gym. LOL

Married2asoldier: You go girl. Congrats on your 3lbs. (a carrot for every pound)

to everybody and keep on track this week. We can do this. I am very busy at work this week. Budget, budget, and more budget. Will try and post at night when I get back from the gym.
n2luvnlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 04:34 PM   #13  
searching 4 the real me

LittleLori~ Don't let that pound get to ya. Just keep up the exercising and drinking your water and it will come off plus more. Of course I don't mind you using the blinkie. I personally think it's cool. I was so glad to come across it.

I hope everyone is having a good Monday.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:02 AM   #14  
I'm on the wagon

Hi everyone!

Here I am bumping the thread back to the top. We don't want to get lost now do we? then nobody will find us

About gaining.. at least for me, now that I've been going for a couple of months, I see a bit of a trend. I seem to lose, gain some, hold, lose, up, hold, down. SO, that said.. anyone who gains anything here and knows they did not DO anything to cause it... don't worry about it. It's probably just a body change of some kind. It will come off if you stick to the plan.

Actually, I read somewhere that it does not matter what you do "some" of the time, it matters what you do "MOST" of the time. This is true. You will have treats, this is normal. You might gain a pound. This is normal. Follow the plan the best you can and it will happen!!

Geez I've been waiting for my TOM to kick in like ALL week and all I'm getting is crampy stomach. I wish it would just get on with it already. I used to be regular right down to the day, for the last year. Then I had a bit of stress about ohhhh 6 months ago now, and it's not been the same since. What's up with that. (not really a question, just a 'huh'?)

Thanks for the info on the ticker. I'll go look at them!

No major news here, which is good news, right? I am doing well and no complaints. Just plodding along!

Keep up the good work guys!

~ Angie
Old 08-29-2006, 03:59 AM   #15  
It's a Chipmunk Thing

S/C/G: 200/143/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi Ladies -
I'd love to join the buddy group.

I'm Michelle (23) and married to C' who is 27. We've been married a little over 6 years and have a beautiful little boy who will be 1 on the 1st of September.

C' is in the Marine Corps and has been active for a little over 9 years. He's career and we're stationed in Southern California.

Being very active and fit pre marriage I never thought I'd have a weight issue after getting married. Within the first year I went from 130 to 140 and by our 4th year of marriage I was about 150. I was 158 when I got pregnant and sky rocketed up to 200 in the last 20 weeks of my pregnancy. I was huge, especially for my short little body.

I'm doing great.. down 57 pounds and have just a little bit more to go. Of course it's the hardest part.

I TOTALLy understand the deployment diet senerio. My husband just got back less than two weeks ago from a 6 month deployment. I dropped about 30lbs while he was gone. So far I've maintained and I can't wait for Christmas to roll by so that I am hopefully at my goal weight of 120.
Chipmunk is offline   Reply With Quote