View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 07:56 PM   #9
Robsia
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Hi - another one coming from the 100lbs/ 1 year club - Tina - I think I was one of the original posters too!! I might not check in every day but I;m still here.

Anyway, I'm 33, in a LTR and mother to a five year old daughter.

I have always been chubby, veering between Uk size 14/16 (US 12/14) all my adult life. I did drop down to a 12 back in 1997 when I hit 140, although I was diagnosed with an overactive thyroid which had apparently helped me lose the weight. Since then I have gradually put it back on again. When I met my OH in 1999 I was about 170 and when I got pg in 2000 I was maybe 5 lbs heavier than that. I did drop all my pg weight and more, getting down to about 160 but it crept back up again. About two years ago my OH said something which changed my life. He said "You know, to lose weight, all you really need to do is eat what you want, when you want it."

BAD advice - I put on 30 lbs in about 6 months.

I had been studiously dashing out of shot every time someone got out a camera for some time but having seen the picture below from last Christmas when I didn't know I was in shot, I realised it was about time I did something about this.

So, I ate all my Christmas goodies up and decided 2nd January was my start date. I stepped on the scales and was stunned to see I was 15 stone 3 pounds (213 lbs) - I had thought maybe 14. I was just about still getting into my sizes 18s at that point and was on the point of having to start buying 20s.

My initial goal is to get back to the 140 I hit before, without the assistance of my now-normal thyroid this time. Then, depending on how I look and feel, I might try for 135 or maybe even 130.

I think the moment in my whole weight loss journey that has been most special to me is when my daughter could finally get both arms all the way round my waist and have her fingers meet at the other side.

My Glucomannan experiment | My Twitter