View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 03:15 PM   #6
jtammy
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Hi guys, I want to join you. I've been overweight most of my life, but during my 2nd pregnancy, over 12 years ago, I weighed 300 lbs. For the next 11 years I avoided scales like they were the plague, even so far as not going to the doctor because I knew I would be weighed. Finally, in August of 2005, I HAD to go to the doctor and I found out I weighed 346. I was in shock!! For the next couple of weeks, I tried to decide how I could lose weight and finally decided to try somersizing, based on the Suzanne Somers books. I had tried it a few years prior and it worked until I quit following the plan. I decided to try it again. I was so certain I would fail that I told no one, except my husband, who I knew would wonder why I was eating differently. For the first few months, I had no idea if it was even working, since I didn't have scales that went past 300 lbs. I finally bought some scales that went up to 330 and they still didn't register, but eventually the weight started coming off and I could see it on my scales. I started walking for exercise in December. Since then, I've tweaked my diet so that I no longer somersize completely. I also count calories, but I still avoid sugar and white flour, rice, corn products. As of September 1st, it will officially be one year, down 110 lbs as of now. I want to lose at least 60 more lbs., possibly more when I see what that looks like.

I'm struggling lately mostly due to the fact that I was hoping losing weight would improve my marriage, and it doesn't seem to be doing so. In fact, we seem to be growing further apart lately. In the beginning DH was fairly supportive, but not so much anymore. I'm still hoping and praying things will turn around there.

I work full-time as a system admin, am married, with a 14yo DS and a 12yo DD. I enjoy reading, geocaching, and just spending time with my family. I look forward to getting to know you all!

160 lbs lost!

My progress pictures