View Single Post
Old 08-28-2006, 01:37 PM   #2
LadyLai
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

A little about me:

I'm 28, married 5 years and a stay at home mom to a soon to be 5 yr. old girl. About one year ago I started to whimper, whine, and cry everytime I looked in the mirror. I knew that something had to be done but I was overwhelmed by how much I would need to lose and didn't know how I would start. So I set myself up that 2006 would be my year, it's all about me! I took the months before I started as a time to prepare myself mentally. I bought new running shoes (put them away), a water jug that measured the amount one is recommended to drink in a day (put it away), bought workout clothes (put them away). My husband thought I was crazy, I'm sure he was trying to put it in a round about way, nicely, that this was a waste of money cause as sure as heck nothing worked before. And truth be told I was nervous as heck about it myself. Whoever heard about someone scared to lose weight? or moreover letting everyone down again in another failed attempt. But this time was different, these things were my way of making a physical promise that I was serious. I was going to take the time to get more and more used to the idea that they will be a permanent part of my new life. Not long after that, January 2nd was rounding up pretty fast and I was prepared (mentally) but sadly I was also preparing all my best friends for a going away party. That's right, my boosom buddies...cookies, chips, pizza, KFC were all there to help send me off. I knew that I wasn't going to see them for a long while and strangely enough I was okay with that. A few nights after Christmas I was planning my trip down this weightloss trail, surfing online for a weight loss chart/tracker. It just so happen that I found one on a site called 3FC. Of course!! This was just what I was looking for! I couldn't have stumbled onto this at a better time. I could actually find support from women who was as serious as I was and would actually know what I was going through. The night before I started my journey I found a thread called "1 year/100lb. Buddy", was it even possible to get any better seeing that I had 109lbs. to lose and would love to have it happen in a year?!! It was a great thread and I met some really awesome ladies there, if it weren't for them I don't know if I could get this far, as you can see I am more than half way to my goal. But I've come to realize that there is no way that I'll lose 50 more pounds by Dec. 31st. I've also realized that putting a time limit on weight loss is setting yourself up for failure. Cause right about now I'm starting to feel frantic that I'm not meeting with my original idea. I figure that this is my life, not a race. I've gotten a good start on my weightloss and I've got plenty more to go. I'll live the time it takes to lose it one day at a time and as long as I try each day to do my best at bettering my health that's all that matters. I hope to continue on with the rest of my weightloss as I started. Meeting great motivators, supporters and inspirers and in turn to be all of that back to them. Who Wants to join me?

Just so you know that I'm not abandoning the thread that got me this far...I've invited my friends to come on over. I was the only original poster left and things were slowing down fast. I thought we needed a fresh start and some fresh faces to get things hopping again.

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."