Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 03:22 PM   #1  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Default The Winning Losers - Wk of 8/27/06 - Come Join Us!

The Winning Losers

Wk. 8/27/06

Well, it is a new week, full of new experiences, laughs and challenges. Let's get this week kicked off on a postive note. I ran across this quote and loved it:
You've got to say, I think that if I keep working at this and want it badly enough I can have it. It's called perseverance.
Let's persevere ladies and get healthier and lose weight by making good choices in our eating and activity.

Challenge(s) this week*

Water - Shoot for at least 10 8oz. glasses

Physical Activity - Get in some type of activity as many days out of week as you can.

*No one is obligated to participate in the challenges.

Elycia

Old 08-27-2006, 04:35 PM   #2  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Hey u2girl Man I jest got done doing my WATP and boy . My DH went out and Bought me 4 New videos to do 3 WATP these are different then the ones that I was using. The other is By Jillian Michaels ( The Biggest Winners) She has a whole line of Workout videos and they are all based on Kick boxing I watched it and I am going to try it but it might be a few weeks before I do . She kinda may be feel like I would need alot of strength to do but a real challenge to do it. What makes it cool is that she has a section on the DVD that you put the DVD in the computer ( Must Have A DVD driver) and she has printable workout logs and eating logs and even recipes. It is so cool and then their is a special section on how to get in shape for bikini season. I will have to try the other two that I didnt do taday.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:08 PM   #3  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hey, has anyone heard from Laramie?? I don't think she's posted in two weeks.

Danielle - Hi there lady. Boy do I know what you mean about coming home from the grocery and being shocked by your purchases. Many times I've gone there hungry and come home with a bunch of costly junk.
I hope to see you around today Chicky. Enjoy the new mama truck. You'll like it more as you get used to it.
BTW, maybe you don't have to do a specific plan. You've learned about a lot of different ones. Maybe just take the best from each plan, decide what you can live with and then do that. Tweak it as you go along. Meanwhile keep at it with the bike and keep hanging out with Bob.

IChanged - Welcome, welcome! Sounds like you're doing a good job. Portion control and awareness are very important when you're changing your eating habits.
Please don't be a stranger. Post often!

Tricia - I'm sorry to hear about your electricity going out. I'm glad you're back in business! Great job on your eating though! No big deal about the cornbread. Just keep going.

Melissa - I'm so glad you enjoyed the wedding. Good for you on preparing for the coming week. It's much easier to have success when you're prepared. I love those digital scales!
I can relate with your daughter not wanting to leave. I remember being a kid and hating to leave when there was more fun to be had.

Mia - Great job on the growing bank!

Elycia - Your scale calcs body fat? I gotta have one!!! I didn't even know they existed. I'm bidding on one on Ebay right now. Hope I get it! You have all the weight loss info and goodies over there. Plus you've always got something good to share with us. Thanks so much!! I know I've thanked you a million times for even coming up with the idea to start this thread, but thanks again.

Bonnie - I'm so glad you didn't throw in the towel. We need you around here lady. Don't leave us!! Please....
Yeah, losing lots of weight can affect your cycle. The hormone estrogen is stored in fat cells. When you start losing the fat all that estrogen is released into your blood stream. It can then cause a little havoc at times. Things will eventually normalize.
How sweet of your husband to get those videos for you! He's a beautiful, beautiful man. It's great to have that sort of loving encouragement.

Sara - I love the farmer's market. I haven't had to go recently though because my mom has a bunch of tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, and cucumbers growing in her yard. I'm sooooo spoiled.

AquaChick - Great job on the workout. I know what you mean because I was drenched today. You're makin' money chick!!
Good for you on moving past the Snickers craving too. Those cravings can be wicked. Thanks for reminding us that weight loss is mostly mental. We need to read it over and over and over again. One day things will click and we'll all "get it".
I know what you mean about having that food around. Last night my husband and I saw the commercial for lasagna pizza at Pizza Hut. He said that he was going to buy one today. So far I think he's forgotten. I PRAY he doesn't remember!

Needhelp - I'm glad you joined us!

Kandice - There used to be another poster on our thread Rkrs, I think. I'm pretty sure her name was Stacy. She tried the Special K Plan and lost. I don't remember how much though. It seemed that she had good success with it though.

GOOD NEWS!!! I just won my Ebay purchase!!! I'm gonna be able to calculate my body fat!! You know what? All of a sudden I'm feeling a little ambivalent......

BTW, I watched the Harvey Walden dvd last night. I'll do it tomorrow. I'm convinced that man has some major, major issues. The workout seems pretty good though. I might be in the minority, but I love that guy. He's so funny! And he doesn't cut them any slack.

Speaking of, did anyone see Celebrity Fit Club today? Angie Stone really got on my nerves. The big guy (I don't remember his name) didn't do her any favors by feeding into her excuses and pity party. The Baywatch chick was lucky to have been voted off. They did her a favor.
Anyway, Angie Stone was making all these excuses and pointing the finger. Meanwhile she was in the bathroom smoking and next week they'll find out that she hasn't been taking her diabetes meds. Unbelieveable. I can't stand attention greedy, drama queens!

Last edited by Amany; 08-27-2006 at 05:25 PM.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/220/125

Height: 5'5''

Im really happy I joined this! I went out with some friends for lunch today and i ordered a salad with dressing on the side (barely used any), a burger with a brown bun and water, I never order a salad and if i do, its cesar salad and i never ask for brown bread and i usually get pop or iced tea so I am really excited to start losing this weight and eating healthier. I walked around the parking lot a bit after (nothing like a workout) but I was content and satisfied. I do need to start walking at least, cause Turbo Jam doesn't come until the first day of school, which is september 5th and its 9 days away so I have do some sort of exercise to warm my body up, cause I haven't done a lot of physical activity (especially not everyday). I don't want to injure myself when I start. Anyways, I'll proabably check on in later for updates from ppl. Thx everyone for supporting me!

Heather
Old 08-27-2006, 06:11 PM   #5  

No problem Heather. This is just the best group of ladies!

My current weight is 8 lbs more than yours, and there's only a five pound difference in our goals. I'll be watching. I'm gonna try to keep up with you!

Good job on the food choices.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:11 PM   #6  
I can do it this time.

Default Top five things that help your weight loss?

Share your list!

1. My supportive Matt & my family- w/o them i think it would be harder.
2. My Ipod - love those tunes to get me in the mood, or when im frustrated listen to the music and go running
3. The Winning Losers - You guys are one of my biggest supporters. It's nice to have people you can lean on and you guys can lean on me too!
4. INK - wanting tattoos and knowing I cant get anymore until I get to my goal weight. Plus that series INKED makes me really want them.
5. CLOTHES - I have this outfit I bought thats hanging up in my room so I can see it so that I can drive myself to one day fit in it.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:20 PM   #7  

Smile

u2girl- Hi sweetie! I really like the intro to this thread!

Butterfly50- Sounds like you're doing good!

Amany- Gotta love putting money in the "fat box"... You are doing so good. I thought about trying out the CFC, but, Harvey scares me!!! I guess that's his job, but I don't respond well to being hollered at. I'm hard headed that way... lol...I love CFC though! More inspiration to add to my stash.

needhelp27- I'm happy you joined too.

Top 5

1. My old clothes I have hanging in front of the treadmill. They are size 5/6. It's like the carrot on a pole. (think of old bugs bunny cartoons, they used the carrot as a "lure". lol...
2. My husband. He made me really upset about a bowl of cereal, yet he orders delectable cuisine that is loaded with what I am not allowed to have. I am displaying my will and he will know that I am quite capable of doing this despite either of those extremes. (all in all though he has told me how proud he is of me and he is sorry about the cereal incident, quite embarassing for him)
3.My health. I have heart issues, and I want to live to 100 or more. I'm sick of high blood pressure.
4. The back of my legs. I have what I have dubbed "ham ***". You know, those cans of ham...lol... I laugh and cry over it, but "ham ***" is about to be gone forever, I ain't even playing around. (that was a brutally honest motivation confession)
5. Feeling beautiful. I think this is in my head more than anything, but I hide under big clothes. (too big really). I want to walk around and feel like I can move with grace and dexterity, and feel beautiful. I think it will make me happier.

Last edited by AquaChick; 08-27-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:24 PM   #8  

1. My fear of having a problem pregnancy due to being overweight.
2. The Winning Losers!
3. Having an eating plan that doesn't leave me hungry or with cravings.
4. My husband's constant support.
5. Exercise. I am falling in love with exercise and it's rewarding me.
Old 08-27-2006, 07:12 PM   #9  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Afternoon ladies!! thought I'd pop in and check on you guys before the game starts. We are HUGE Denver Bronco fans in this house and the game is on tonight, plus big brother, plus the emmys! Sheesh with a schedule like this you'd think i was a couch potato...naaa not me! LOL!!

My top 5 things that help me lose weight:
1. Support support support!! I would say being an active member of a group like this is what drive me and keep me on track the most.
2. My girls, when I dont want to do it I just tell myself its for them, and lets face it I'll do anything for them, but mostly I want to live for them!
3. Journaling, I find that I stick to plan much better if I journal daily.
4. Drinking water!
5. Graduation coming!

I hope everyone has a wonderful night!! I'm having my official weigh in tomorrow morning on the new scale, and tonight is a free for all! We are having tenderloin, mashed potatoes and corn on the cob for dinner...oye!
Old 08-27-2006, 07:25 PM   #10  

Smile

lol, we are Vikings fans over here.Yes, we bleed purple, or my husband will kick us all out of the house. I am going to get a brand spanking new Viking T-shirt when I lose my weight, it's a gift from hubby. That and a nice big bottle of Victoria's Secret lotion and Body spray. Mmmmmm, I love that stuff!
Old 08-27-2006, 09:03 PM   #11  
just me

S/C/G: 320/294/145

Height: 5'7

Hey Ladies, I'm baaaaaaaaaack!!!! lol i'm glad to be back. i love my grandparents but i get tired of answering to them about everything. i lost five pounds there tho so i'm happy about that. Anyways i need to get all my stuff put away but i wanted to say hey to everyone and hope everyone has been doing good!!!!!!
Old 08-27-2006, 09:04 PM   #12  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Ladies good evening I jest got back from my two mile walk.

My top five would be.

1. My husband and Children
2. The winning Losers
3. Exercise
4. Being actually full now when I eat.
5. To know that I am giving myself a chance to stick around longer and see my kids grow up.

Let me tell you My DH blesss his heart went over to the convient store across the street to buy my daughters some Slim Jims and Came back and said I got you a bag of Skittles. I took them and Didnt say anything. I looked at them and they have 250 Calories per bag. I set then aside he asked me if I was going to eat then and I said sorry but I dont need that 250 calories. He looked at me and said he was sorry he wasnt thinking. They are still sitting on the top of the frig.

I gtg get my kids in the bed school tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:19 PM   #13  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Hello Ladies:

Glad to see that everyone is doing well and ready to get a new week started.

Aww, Bonnie that is so sweet that your husband went out and bought you those new workouts. That was so thoughtful. Now you have some new workouts to add some variety. I am glad that you have support in your home. Jillian Michael workouts, yep I know of those. I have not done them though. I may rent from Blockbuster to check it out and if I like it well enough, I will buy. Let me know what you think of it. My 10% goal is to buy a new workout, so if I like it, maybe Jillian will be it. Let us know what you think of your new WATP. I have a few of them, but I still need to get Walk & Kick.

Amanda, thanx for the thanx, but you know that this check-in wouldn't be a thing if you guys weren't so good at posting and being encouraging. I am very thankful to you guys. Accountability here has helped me so much and you guys keep me pumped up! It's great! Glad that you won the scale. I hope you like it. I tell ya, I don't even fool with Ebay anymore because I get so frustrated with it. I will bid on the most obscure things and someone else bids on it. It's like - Give Me A BREAK, somebody really wants this? I have to get in bidding wars with everything, so very seldom do I go to Ebay. It use to be one of my favorite places. Anyways, congrats on your scale. Now you have a new motivator ~~ watching the body fat percentage lower. I hear ya on trying to keep up with Heather since you have similar goals. I thrive on a little healthy competition.

Heather, good job on the eating today. You made some great choices. I know what you mean about salads. Last week, I ate a salad for lunch and lord knows that is the unusual for me. You are doing wonderful and it sounds like you are determined to lose weight. That is great! If you stick with us and keep your determination, you will be wearing that small size dress for your graduation/prom. Hang in there Heather.

Sara, I am so glad that you feel that we are supporters to you. Losing weight is not an easy job, so you need all the support that you can get. We are happy to have you.

Motivations

ETA: I think I misunderstood the question. I thought it was talking about support, but from others responses, I think it is talking about motivations.

1) My Family - My number 1 motivations are by beautiful daughters. I don't want them to imitate my bad eating habits and have weight issues, so I want to get it under control NOW. Also, my wonderful husband Stan. He is very cooperative and supportive.
2) My girls here at "The Winning Losers". You girls are awesome and a tremendous help in keeping my mind focused and giving me a good laugh now and again.
3) Fitday.com. It has helped me because I know exactly what I put in my mouth and makes me keep a watchful eye on what I eat. Great site and free.
4) Ya-Ya's. A great fitness forum that gives support and answers any questions, I may have regarding fitness and weight loss. I also keep a journal there of how I am feeling from day to day and sometimes others pop in to encourage me. That helps alot.
5) My sister. She is a good bit heavier than me and she really wants to lose weight. She has not been eating any fast food or drinking pop right alongside me. Not wanting to stumble her has kept me in line as well.

Aqua, I am glad that you liked the intro. Your support and motivators are great!

Melissa, hope you are enjoying the game and your new scale.

Well, I hear one of my little ones. I gotta go.

Ciao!

Elycia

Last edited by u2girl; 08-28-2006 at 12:06 AM.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:32 PM   #14  
I believe in miracles

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

Hello Ladies!

Warm WELCOME to the new ladies, Heather, Icanchange, Altari. You ladies are going to love the support.

Heather great job at lunch with your friends.

I have been so busy this weekend. My gym is closed on Sundays (Ladies of America) so I'm going to make that my day off from exercise. I only got in 4 days of exercise this week, but I'll catch up with you ladies that are doing 2 mile walks and 6 days of solid exercise.

With the support of Winning Losers my first week was a real success. I lost 3 lbs ( water weight). And i thank you ladies for that. My second week should be a breeze I Hope. My husband brought me home some coolers saturday night and i refused them due to the sugar and carbs. So I know my head is on straight this time. Because I generally would have wolfed them down..

I will have to catch up on personals later. You chicks are on a role lately.
Gotta go babie needs to go to bed. She doesn't sleep until I do, she likes to cuddle.

1. My Miracle babie. If she can survive being 1lb 3oz then I can definitely loose this weight so that I can take care of her as I should. Unitl she no longer needs that mommie support.

2. Winning Losers!!!!!

3. My legs rubbing together, that drives me nuts.

4. Exercise

5. Health

u2girl I'm all for the challenge this week. I failed on the water 2 days last week and had to do 40 squats at the office. 10 squats an hour if I fail, so what does that tell yah.

Talk to you guys later. Glad there is a new thread now I can keep up better again.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:52 PM   #15  
Paleo-ish Girl

S/C/G: 255.5/174/160

Height: 5'6"

Elycia I love the quote! It's so entirely true.

Bonnie How are the Jillian tapes (besides hard)? Are they easy to follow? Are they expensive? Do they require equipment? I hadn't heard anything about those! I've been doing TurboJam and it's really getting to me, but I can already see the results. Only 2 pounds gone, but 11.5 inches have flown away.

Amanda I didn't see CFC, I was at work. Is there any place to download it that you know of? That's the only way I can get my TV show fixes

Heather great job on the salad! Send some of your willpower this way. It's awesome that you can resist the temptation to splurge while you're out.

Top Five
  1. Seeing my reflection in the window
  2. Having shirts ride up just a little through the waist
  3. My stack of size 12 clothes
  4. Giving my daughters a healthy body image
  5. Being able to keep up with DH
Closed Thread