Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 08:55 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Core Support Board for Week of August 27 - Sept. 2, 2006

Good morning!

Melissa, I just read about the plane crash!
Old 08-27-2006, 10:45 AM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! The party yesterday was SO fun. The Niece called me and asked me to pick out a balloon bouquet and a number 3 candle. She forgot! So I stopped for that stuff and iced coffee for me and my Sister on the way to the party. It took us two trips each to get everything into the house. I did great eating but I was STARVING when I got home. So I made my self some Farina. That was a first and a big accomplishment. Then I stayed up until 1:30 messing with my computer.

Hey Kathy, maybe you and Judd understand this stuff. I'm running Windows XP home version. I just upgraded to the SP2 (yeah I know it should have been done a long time ago!) because they aren't going to support SP1 after 10/06. Every since I upgraded, I'm constantly getting runtime errors and the system asking me if I want to debug. I went into the advanced settings and tried to disable the script debugging for IE and for "other". I haven't gotten a message this morning, so maybe it's fixed? Any other ideas?

I'm off to read about you all!
Old 08-27-2006, 10:54 AM   #3  

I'll ask him, but we've been using Firefox instead of IE because it gives better security. With us having 7 computers on our network, he's always worried about security. Anyway, I will ask.

Sounds like the party was great!
Old 08-27-2006, 12:03 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning:

I was asked about the wedding date: it is November 25 at 1PM in Denton, Texas. The ceremony will be in The Little Chapel in the Woods on the Texas Women's University campus and the reception will be in the Denton Unitarian Congregation Hall. So, Kathy, come on over with your SO and meet me and Sandra and ours...save up the points for bar-b-que and wedding cake and pies and peach cobbler and BlueBell ice cream...anyone else in the area?...come on over. The exercise component will be the dancing to the "oldies."

The Chapel is absolutely beautiful and if you just type "The Little Chapel in the Woods" into Google, you can see pictures of it. The stained glass windows are stunning, mostly blue tones, and all about women, as is appropriate since the University began as an all women's institution.

I began today with a huge down-home breakfast at a local cafe that hasn't changed since the 50's. Well, it's a Canadian down-home..there were no biscuits and no gravy.

So, the rest of the day is fruit and veggies for me. I'll make it since it's already noon.

I hope everyone has a great OP day. I guess I better go shopping for an anklet.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:06 PM   #5  
focused and aiming

kathy, you had quite a night. i hope you get some help for your fingers. don't be stubborn. what did you think of the neighborhood/home.

melissa, maybe you and i can connect in 07. i'm coming to louisville twice.

what plane crash?

vickie, kudos, my friend!! you're back on track and on your way.

rhonda, wouldn't it be great to have cyber friends at the wedding? i'll go look at the chapel. it sounds beautiful. i need to go get that anklet, too. i didn't do it yesterday cuz curtis was with me.
we just went to sports places.

my weight is up a bit this am. prob cuz of no exercise yesterday. i can tell i'm going to have to do some sort of activity daily if i'm going to eat anything. oh, well, i'll do something today even if i have to go to the club and splash in the water by myself.

everyone have a great day.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:12 PM   #6  

Good evening Chickies, just checking in to say Hello. Not much going on today, very lazy day, it has been raining very hard all day. Yesterdays weather was nice & cool, I had a nice visit from my mom,brother, sil & niece. I went to the outlets and got the kids some sneakers & clothes.

Kathy ouch you really did a number on your hands, I hope you are feeling better.

Tejas

Sandra i find I lose better If I exercise too.

Vickie glad you had a good time at the party, sounds like you did real well with the food.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:40 PM   #7  
focused and aiming

hi, niki. we're having a laidback day, too. i am thinking of getting on the exercise bike. it's about 6 feet away from me right now. i need to just get up and hop to it.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:53 PM   #8  

Hi Sandra, my bike is about 6 feet away from me also and I really should get on, every so often the idea comes to me and quickly goes away

Old 08-27-2006, 08:13 PM   #9  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well Kathy - seems you have some 'issues' with appendages - first the foot, now the hand - I assume you are done now? Sure hope it's nothing serious - I was getting a big squeamish just reading about it - what about an x-ray for the finger - just to make sure??? Are you icing it? does that help?

Niki - buckets of rain here too today - very depressing and gray!

Rhonda - sounds like you are all hyped up for the upcoming nuptials - and I just noted your 'canadian' address (I'm in Ottawa!) - I presume you will be living in Texas after the wedding?

Where Saundra by the way? Off to Picton and no sound from her since?

Vickie - glad the party was fun and sounds like you did a great job staying on track - good for you - I bet you will have a great weigh-in on Monday!

Angela - hope all dd's are now fine and well?

I went to bed very late (like 1 am) - and then was up at 6 am - and started WORRYING ABOUT WORK AGAIN! This is not good! I think I then dozed on and off til around 10 am - trying to keep my mind 'clear' and not think about all that has to be done. I am still feeling overwhelmed as it is all on my shoulders. My mgr is off til next week - but I will discuss with her as I can't go on like this - I anticipate a bad night - I really need to sleep thru the night cuz if I do wake up those wheels start turning and I start getting anxious about the next day.

Also getting panicked about cruise packing - yes more anxiety in my life! I got some tank tops today on sale - one white, one black (basic cotton), one fuschia (lacey on top and bottom) and one pale pink/mauve to go with that mauve quackers lemonade linen shirt I got off e-bay. I need to start putting things in the suitcase and finding all my toiletries, and cosmetic bags etc as this is making me worry as well - wondering where everything is and will I find it. I think if I find it and pack it some of this stress will subside.

I am extremely tired now and will try to get to bed early. Dh's friend coming over after 9:30 pm to review his 'submission' with him - I plan to be upstairs in my jammies.

My eating has been very off and erratic - very big cravings for comfort foods (how surprising) - I need to stay on track for the next 2 weeks prior to cruise and back to the gym. At least I managed to boil some eggs for tomorrow and have some salad greens I can pack up and go! I am so lazy but I shall try and wash some grapes too! Bad Froufie!

Frouf
Old 08-27-2006, 08:18 PM   #10  
Melissa

Yeah, it's kind of been a depressing day around here today.
We found out in church this morning that a plan crashed at our airport here in town. I'm sure it's all over the news, I heard it was on CNN. Yeah, I just looked at cnn.com and it's on the front page. It's so sad--I'm still not clear on what happened, but everyone on the plane except one person died I think. I don't think there was anyone I knew, but I'm sure lots of friends of friends.
Then this morning when we got home we got a call from Aaron's parents. His grandmother (dad's mom) is in her late 90's. We found out that they have called in Hospice and his parents were on their way to see her in Cincinnati. So we decided to go with them, that's where we've been all day. She was really pitiful, and for her sake I hope that she goes quickly. She couldn't really speak but she was humming at one point and I wondered if she was seeing things that we couldn't see, maybe singing with the angels. It was sad, but she has lived a full life and no one thought she would live this long. Her kids are doing well with it.
So that's been my day.

Kathy, I hope that the fingers are feeling better tonight. Take care of yourself!

Vickie, I'm so glad that you had a good time at the party. And on coming home to eat something good for you. I'm impressed.

Sandra, I would love to meet you next time you come to KY!!

Rhonda your wedding plans sound beautiful. I would come if I were closer!

I'm off to prepare for the week chickies. I might bbl.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:19 PM   #11  
Melissa

Frouf, don't lose steam now! You've been doing so great and a fabulous vacation is just days away...
Old 08-27-2006, 08:32 PM   #12  
focused and aiming

niki, i still haven't let the dust settle on me. i'll hop on shortly. i promise. how about you? maybe we need a bicycle built for 2?

frouf, keep thinking about what fun you're going to have. if you forget to pack something, i'm sure they'll be glad to sell you some on the ship. try to relax and look forward to your cruise. think of us--all at home being green with envy. and there you are--pink.

melissa, what a sad day for you. i'm so sorry. don't let it all get you down. tomorrow's a new day. (even if it is a monday)
Old 08-27-2006, 10:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

What an interesting board to read...tragedies, triumphs, challenges...

Froufy...we will continue living here in Toronto until I retire in 2009. The plan is to move to Texas then. It will be quite a change for me after 1/2 my life in Canada. But, since I go to Texas at least twice a year and essentially all of my family is there, it shouldn't be too hard. I'll just come back North to visit...in the summer.

We're going on a cruise in the Western Caribbean for our honeymoon. I've never been on one so I'll join the others in being interested in your adventure.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:41 PM   #14  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Oh Rhonda - how exciting - what ship? Itinerary? I can lead you to all the cruise info you need! (this is my 7th cruise!)....You will love it! What do you do in Toronto (I have at least 11 more years til I retire! sigh....)

Melissa - sorry to her about Aaron's grandma - I hope she does not suffer. And what a horrible tragedy on that airplane - so sad!

Speaking of sadness - dh's aunt passed away this morning - we await memorial service info. At least she didn't suffer too long!

Guess I should head off to bed and try to stay asleep and dream of my lovely cruise outfits I shall be wearing oh so soon!

Frouf
Old 08-27-2006, 11:23 PM   #15  

Rhonda, I've done that cruise you're talking about ... is it out of Galveston? We had a very good time but if you're going to Cozumel, don't fall for any of those land excursions. They are LAME-O! You would have more fun walking around town by yourself. Cozumel is our favorite place since we are scuba divers and have gone there many, many times. Anyway, I'll be interested in knowing where you're going and if you're serious, I really would like to come to your wedding and meet you! It might not be the best time, but would probably be the ONLY time ... and Sandra and I have already decided we will be getting together sometime during their visit here. I'm probably about 10 miles from where her son lives.

Judd has been giving me a hard time tonight because I boiled some eggs. He absolutely HATES the smell! I just laughed; he'll have to get over it!

Food is all decided for tomorrow but I'm not packing it until morning. I hope everyone has a good night!
Closed Thread