View Poll Results: Should we change the monthly points challenge??
No, leave it alone, it's perfect!! 5 41.67%
I never participate, so I don't care 3 25.00%
Yes, I'd like to see water taken off 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2006, 06:55 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Points challenge - time for a change?

The points challenge was created many years ago by me when I counted every drop of water and I thought it was a MUST. Now I think it contributes to overall health, but I think you can achieve goal without counting every oz.

The points challenges give 1 point for water. You get to choose how much water you have to drink, but if you don't count your water (like me) it makes it hard to participate.

So I wonder, as we prepare for the start of the September points challenge, is it time to take the water point out and just focus on food and exercise?
Old 08-27-2006, 09:23 PM   #2  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Water is so easy for me that it really doesn't matter to me one way or the other. Except that if it would make it simpler for others to participate I would be in favor of taking it off.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:49 PM   #3  
Linda

Height: 5'0"

We can change it for sure if others think so

Water is like my one sure thing...the one point I get even if everything else is in the trash!

Either way, I'm in

Linda
Old 08-29-2006, 01:39 PM   #4  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by famograham View Post
Water is like my one sure thing...the one point I get even if everything else is in the trash!
I'm the same way! It doesn't matter to me at all if we change it. Actually, since water isn't my problem, and therefore an easy point, maybe removing it would be incentive to never have "0" days.

P.S. I just deleted my post on this month points challenge since I haven't tracked points and cannot honestly remember my numbers since the 23rd.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

If taking water off focuses more on diet and exercise, and helps more people to participate, then I say do it. Like Linda, I'm in (well, starting in October ) either way.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

I think I want to join the points challenge.. I need to read up on the thread where it explains it all.. I stink at water so taking it off would help me with my points but I'd also like to be accountable for it. I voted to take it off but it doesn't really matter to me. Whatever everyone else wants I'll go with too!
Old 08-31-2006, 09:52 AM   #7  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Thanks for your input. The votes say to leave it alone (by a slim margin), so that's what I'll do - NOTHING!!
Closed Thread