Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-25-2006, 02:45 PM   #1  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

Default Bicycling (a rant and a ?)

I've begged and barked long enough! boobalah is getting my bike down from where it hangs in the top of the garage this weekend! If he wants to remain "fluffy", then he certainly can. I'm tired of HIS excuses as to why bicycling should be out.

Enough of my *****ing.

My questions.

1. Do any of you have an odometer on your bicycle? If so, what do you have and would you recommend it? I looked on the recommendations here, but found a pedometer. I hate walking because of my feet. I'd much rather ride.

2. Do you think a timed ride in the beginning would be better than a distance? I haven't ridden much over the last few years. We have pretty level surfaces here in Silicon Gulch.

TIA for any advice.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 03:50 PM   #2  
Mel

I have an older version of this cycle computer. It's kind of fun to have all the information, but what do you really want to know? If you are cycling for exercise, I think a heart rate monitor that told you how many calories you burned and your heart rate and how long you exercised (something like this) would be more useful.

Have fun!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:20 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I like my bike too. I think I started with time because that is what fitday.com measured. I do have a heart rate monitor. I'd like an odometer just for personal challenges.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 09:15 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

I have an odometer that I got at Canadian Tire...very similar to the one that Mel showed above. I love it and would not have a bike without it. I've always measured by distance just because that's what the odometer measures.... I don't think it really matters just do what works best for you and work yourself up from there.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote