Old 08-24-2006, 02:27 PM   #1  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Default Challenges

I know we post a lot of our successes and also our challenges in losing weight. I have to say that I have been greatly challenged the last couple days. TOM hit and everything fell apart. I got hungry, then hungrier, then hungrier. I ate and ate and ate. I ate even when I wasn't physically hungry but I was emotionally hungry. Now I will say I ate a couple bad things but most things were within my own personal program. I am up 5 lbs in the last couple days and even though I ate poorly (possibly 3000 calories/day for 2 days), I know those 5 lbs aren't 5 lbs of fat.

So I decided to nip my poor eating in the bud today! I decided to do a day of a liquid diet which I've done before when I needed to get myself on track. Basically I'm drinking lots of fluids, as well as an organic, vegan, balanced shake that is designed to be a liquid meal. I am doing this for a couple reasons but basically I need to get back in touch with my eating and I need to control my eating since I could not be trusted the last couple days. I am not sure I will continue with this tomorrow but for today it is helping.

Beyond eating, I need to exercise more often. I have been doing yoga as well as hiking when the weather is good but I need daily or almost daily vigourous exercise.

It does take a lot of my pride to admit my past couple days as they did make me feel like a failure. For me, I have to admit my failures as well as my successes.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:52 PM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Great job on getting control! You are one of my 3FC heroes!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Nelie- We all go astray--- remember me.... except I was astray for 1.5 years vs. 3 days! You've got what many don't and thats the know how to get BACK on track! I think you are amazing and you've come so far. You are right about posting successes and challenges.. How else would you get the support to move through the challenges otherwise.

I think your fantastic. I am personally excited to hear about your journey everytime you post. You are an inspiration!

Keep up the good work and don't let a speedbump become a road block!
tolose85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:12 PM   #4  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

That makes 2 of us! I had a brutal TOM this cycle - not normal for me at all - and it really threw me for a loop. So today I decided to also do a liquid meal replacment day. I'm hungry right now, in spite of already drinking 3 200 calorie shakes. Off to make another one. Thanks for sharing. It's always nice to realize we're not alone in our struggles.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 03:47 PM   #5  
Aleecia

Thanks for having the courage to post this Nelie.
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that falls a little off track once in awhile. Only for me I find it hard to post when I'm not doing so well. I feel as if I have not only let myself down but everyone here as well. Thanks for making me realize that its okay to share those times in our journey and that there will always be someone here to help pick you back up.
I definitly agree with Jen. You are one of my heros here at 3FC and I always look forward to your posts.
You're awesome and WTG on getting back on track.
Angel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:31 PM   #6  

I have those days too Good that you got back up and got going again though. I have to remind myself often one bad day does not equal total ruin.
Mama2HoneyBears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:49 PM   #7  
Mindful Eater

S/C/G: 253/183/150

Height: 5'4"

Nelie -

Thanks for sharing the bad as well as the good. You've had amazing success and it sounds like you're already back in the saddle. I did some eating out of frustration last week and thought about posting about it but didn't. Next time I will - you've inspired me.

for you.
BreakingFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:53 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Hello Ladies: What is it with this week? Everyone is having a tough time. I piged out on milk and graham crackers last night. I ate the whole cellophane package and 16 oz 2% milk. I must have been nuts! I checked the calendar and it showed a whole dark moon. We all can't be having bad thoughts at the same time without a greater force at work. Well, today is my 3 week anniversary and my weigh in day. When I stepped on the scale this morning it showed a 1/2 lb gain. I thought, well I'll wait until I know I have lost the water I tend to retain at night sleeping and come back in an hour or so. To my surprise I was down to 262. I'll take that. I guess I'll show the graham cracker and milk binge later in the week. I'm doing much better today. So-o-o-o
8/24/06 262
11 pounds lost. I'm now going to change my ticker!
Norma
harkeyvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 07:38 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

You are amazing, Nelie!! That takes so much courage to admit when you screwed up, but it's helpful for us to know that others aren't perfect either. Sometimes we think we're the only ones who make mistakes. Good for you for getting right back on track.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:02 PM   #10  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

Nelie, you seem like such a strong person, something I admire. Good for you for choosing to get yourself back on track and having the courage as well as honesty to admit to yourself (and share with all of us here!) how you are truly feeling, and move forward! You are inspiring. I hope today was a better day for you
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:15 AM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I have to say you guys are amazing, you made me want to cry with your kind words. I couldn't imagine I could be a hero to anyone

My body has forgiven me somewhat for my indiscretions as I stepped on the scale and it said 267 instead of 274 from yesterday. Today I am continuing to drink liquid meals until dinner, when I will probably be going out for dinner.

I'm not hungry like I was at the beginning of the week but I do really recognize how my mind keeps telling me to snack. I think really that is part of my problem right now is I want snacks, not meals. I want to eat things like popcorn, chocolate, nuts with raisins, fruit and other snacky type foods. I almost bought dark chocolate coated pretzels the other day when I went grocery shopping because that is what I wanted to eat. I knew I'd eat the entire bag though and at 1800 calories for the bag, I couldn't let myself buy it. I really don't feel like eating real food right now but I need to get out of this funk.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

Nelie, you are doing so well.... I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that you lost 95 pounds. That is heroic, Nelie. Really. The fact that you came into 3fc when you needed a little extra help is also inspiring. way to go, girl.
noranoranora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 12:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Nelie - Your weight loss to date is awesome and inspiring! Three days does not take that away from you. One of the things I've noticed is that when we gain, or are not following our plan, we tend to become "lurkers" rather than "posters" on the boards.

I think that we should all post regardless of your success that day. If you are having a challenge, others can help you out. And, sometimes, your challenges help others.

Thanks for sharing.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 05:39 AM   #14  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Nelie, I'm glad the scales are showing a loss for you again. You are so not a failure. A couple of days of less than optimal eating aren't (and didn't) going to make a big difference in our overall weightloss. Good for you for resisting purchasing the pretzels. For me, having them at home is already half the battle lost, because if they're there, they'll be eaten quickly. It's so much easier to resist them in the store than it is to resist them over and over again at home.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote