South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 08:25 AM   #1  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Default Help

I am on Phase I - lost 3 lbs then I gained one back yesterday - not doing anything wrong - very bloated and having problems going to the bathroom - took some benefiber this am - is benefiber permitted on phase I???? I have NOT cheated - any ideas on how I can start to loose some weight again??? Also started walking/running hasn't helped :-(
Old 08-24-2006, 08:43 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Benefiber or Metamucil is fine on Phase I. Some folks take a teaspoon in water before every meal. Try for 4½ cups of veggies - good veggies, not just lettuce. Water is very important too.

Weight can fluctuate daily as our bodies retain and release water so not to worry. Focus on water today and that will help flush things out.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:51 AM   #3  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

Thanks - I have had 6 bottles of 16.9 oz of water since about 5 am (9 now) so hopefully that will help.

It just gets a little depressing when you try to hard. Watched my family eat my favorite things from my favorite delivery place last night - and i had a salad (i eat a salad for lunch and dinner) and have veggies at every meal - it was a little hard but I did it - then when i saw i gained a pound - i was

thanks again - have a great day :-)
Old 08-24-2006, 08:58 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Salad is great but you need protein too. Could you post a day's menu with quantities? Thanks.
By the way, loss will be slow for you as you have only a small amount to lose. Don't get discouraged! It'll be worth it.
Old 08-24-2006, 09:43 AM   #5  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

Smile Daily Menu

Breakfast:
Egg Beaters
Little bit of:
Red Pepper
Green Pepper
Mushroom
Tomato
LF Cheese (just 3 little slices, less than the 1 oz serving size)

Water/coffee with ff milk

Snack: String Cheese

Lunch - Salad romaine, mushrooms, green and red peppers, yellow and red tomatos, cucumber - balsmic vinigar only (sometimes a little grilled chicken if left over from dinner)

Snack: String Cheese or 2 tbs peanut butter (no sugar added peter pan)

dinner:
grilled meat of some sort (chicken; pork chops; lean hamburger (no bun, ketchup) only lettuce or tomato; lean cube steak; tilliapa (spelling???)

grilled vegie (usually yellow squash and zucini (spelling) w/ a little EVOO and salt and pepper

salad (same a lunch)

dessert: (i never use to eat now i crave) ff fudgesicle, peach sorbet (from krafts web site) or jello w/ ff sf cool whip

I drink A LOT of H2o every day i don't keep track but I know i am in the 100 oz range - I have 1 soada every day diet coke/diet pepsi so on

That is a typcial day - let me know your thoughts.

Have a good one.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:05 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

Well there are no quantities so I can't run it through Fitday for you. I notice that the protein at noon is "sometimes". You should be having protein more often. Legumes such as kidney beans and 2½ cups of dairy should be in there too.

If you want to check your calories and fat/carb/potein ratio, you can use www.fitday.com. However, I'd just add protein, dairy and legumes and see how that goes rather than get obsessed with logging all your food.

I'm not familiar with the peach sorbet but suspect it's not Phase I because of the fruit.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:44 AM   #7  

I would also check the ingredients on your peanut butter. I wasn't aware that Peter Pan made an acceptable one. The ingredients should say only peanuts and possibly salt.

I agree you need more dairy. Try for some plain yogurt or skim milk. You may be eating too much string cheese. I like to snack on raw veggies.

Your weight is already lower than most of our goal weights. Have you verified with your doctor to see what your range should be for your height? You are two inches taller than I am and my doctor suggested 125-135 as my range. Perhaps you are already at the correct weight.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:14 PM   #8  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

The Peach Sorbet from Kraft is acutally a Phase I suggested dessert - is has a crystal light Peach flavored tea (i bought store brand) 1 carton of sf ff cool whip and also 3 cups cold skim milk - you whisk them all together and freeze - really good :-)

My husband was put on SB last year (health problems) and I asked the dr if I could go on (he is also my doctor) becuase I have heart problems (only 100 in the world have waht I have) he said that I could go on the diet too - just dont get below 115.

So you think more protein - less string cheese (today I had cucumbers and celery and laughing cow cheese).

Hope you all are well :-)
Old 08-24-2006, 08:44 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

One thing I noticed is that you are still in phase one and are walking/running and worried because it hasn't helped. Any weight loss program is not going to take effect immediately. It takes a couple of weeks. Please don't rush your body into a better "fit" thinking you're rushing health. You can't push yourself back into good health. It has to happen slowly just like healthy weight loss. Take it slow and steady.

Also, are you sure you eant your goal weight to be the lowest weight that your doctor says is healthy for you? Just asking out of concern...
Old 08-25-2006, 09:01 AM   #10  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

I know that things take time - but I just think that they should be going a little faster than they are - I am really trying and I don't see any results, so I just get upset. I would love to be 115 again - but I will be happy at about 120.

Thanks for caring - just want to feel good agian - I have always been "too skinny" until about 5 years ago when I started taking medicine - then I gained so weight - was up to about 150 then went down after switching my med's - would just like to look at myslef and be happy again :-)

Hope you have a GREAT day
Closed Thread