Old 08-22-2006, 09:50 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Back from a 4wk.vacation in Europe w/a Cruise..weight gain? don't think so.

Hiya girlie friends on a mission !!! if there is anyone who remembers moi. I've just returned from a 3wk. trip to Europe. WHAT A ADVENTURE!!!! Now I'm broke! but, no amount of money can take the place of this experience. I'll be reliving it forever. I took my l.a.weight loss routine,and asked them to stop it,and to recontinue when i came back. Tomorrow is check in/weigh in. I'm not worried. Isn't that a FABULOUS FEELING! I walked every day..and I mean miles..I walked until I couldn't walk any more, until I actually ached. Then I was too tired to eat all that much. Europe was SOOOOOO expensive,I was very cautious as too how much I spent on food..I ate lots of fresh fruit/yogurts/lean meats,and veggies. I backpacked most of the way,and visited grocery stores,and open markets for my food..Resturants were a no no to me because of budget..I spent very little in each of the 7 countries I visited. I ate well tho,mostly healthy,and walked my butt off,and felt my pants getting looser and looser. I feel great! Tomorrow I weigh in; my goal was to not gain weight, just maintain..I will check back with you all tomorrow to see just how well/or not I've done.
GREAT TO BE BACK! AND TO VISIT YOU ALL ONCE AGAIN.
take care of yourselves~FOCUSED
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 01:18 AM   #2  

Sounds like you had an amazing time and that you were living like a true European. I read a book called "French Women Dont Get Fat" and it said that their secret was walking, well that and eating well.

Glad to hear that your trip with fantastic!
LiLLy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:14 AM   #3  

Welcome back!! Sounds like you had a blast!!!
Nascar Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Welcome Back! I can't wait to see how WI goes for you!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Welcome Back!!! You will definitely have to fill us in on how WI goes for you! Glad you had a great time!!
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:41 AM   #6  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

Welcome back! It sounds like you had a wonderful time. My boyfriend and I are going to be doing something similiar next year as my graduating present. Maybe you can give me some ideas and tips! I bet that even if the scale doesn't shift very much, your inches probably came off like crazy. Doing that much walking you're bound to have developed leaner longer muscles.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:16 AM   #7  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 222/127/120

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back! I'm anxious to see how your WI went. Europe is one of my dream vacations! Nice to hear that you had a wonderful time! Good luck!
winkie03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 11:12 AM   #8  
PurpleSunshine

Welcome back and congratulations on the successful on plan eating and exercising. Hope WI goes wonderful for you - Sounds like you should've lost and shouldn't even be worried about gaining a pound!!! You go girl!!! Let us know how it goes!
PURPLEPIRATE99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 05:18 PM   #9  

Hi ya'll, well I wish I had a better report as far as losing fat/lbs. but I was able to maintain,which was my initial goal..which I think was lofty in that I was on a cruise ship for two wks. with the constant feedings..I did think I had lost tho because I just bought new panties,and I'm in a sz.smaller,as well as my capris are a size smaller...I even returned a leather jacket I got because it now fits me perfect,and I want to have a smaller size so I can use that as my goal...which I'm still going to do..LAMB LEATHER BY THANKSGIVING! So not to give any excuses,or rational for not losing,although I was really surprised..I bought the juice,and will get back in the saddle again full force,and focused. I think I have to come down from the 'celebrate'it's vacation! and refocus myself once more. However,I did do well with the walking,and even went to the gym on the ship..What I did discover is then no mater WHAT you eat,or drink..if i walk everyday, I can maintain..So I guess I know the way to maintain my weight..its getting down to it that will take more time,and effort. Any questions about the trip I'll help with as far as I can..Europe is a fabulous place,(althought home sweet home is always the best) I was in Amsterdam,Scotland,Ireland,France,Spain,Portugal.. Big cities and small villages..the ship was a Holland ship,the service was great,food etc. two wks.of getting spoiled. It is in my opinion worth saving your money for,and a great goal. Take care,FOCUSED
Old 08-23-2006, 08:35 PM   #10  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Great job focused. So glad that you had a good time and maintained. Very few of us have managed to maintain on vaca.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:48 PM   #11  

hi,needed to mention that day after i weighed in,i lost 2lbs. so i'm back on track! yeah!..(now focused, don't go and celebrate with food..she tells herself.)ONLWARD..FOCUSED
Old 08-28-2006, 08:48 PM   #12  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Hi F & S,

Good for you! I had similar luck in Holland a few years ago. No one drives a car in Europe, everyone walks or rides their bike. It's also like being on a college campus. We just moved my eldest in for her senior year and I was amazed at the amount of walking she has to do everyday! Miles and miles.
I think that's why we Americans are so fat! Our communities don't encourage walking. The little old fashioned town with the Main street with all the shops is history. The invention of the subdivision is to blame for all our fat! Yeah - we're off the hook~ just kidding. Welcome home!
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:14 AM   #13  

Default Down another pound...yeah! Counting every ounce..

Down another pound at yesterdays wi...not getting hysterical or anything,but that's 3pounds this week, so I feel wondeful.. and appreciate this forum for banging my own drum abit. go team! Focused~