UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-22-2006, 08:39 AM   #1  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Talking Hello Again

I just wanted to say hello to everyone as i used to be on here a while back but i was having problems with the dieting i just couldnt get into the swing of it and then i was diagonosed with PCOS ( Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) which needed sorting out first before i worried about dieting again.

Well anyway i have now been to see my doctor who is gonna over see my weight loss which is gonna be a great help for me. She wants me to :

Take a 20 minute walk 3 times a week for exercise
Eat Healthy , fruit and veg most important
Subsitute crisps with Rice Cakes ( snack-a-jacks) and try to have like 1 to 2 packs a week.
Get a hobby or find something to do to take mind off eating.
Low-fat Diet

I am really not sure if this is gonna work but i guess i have to try , thing is she wants me to do a low fat diet and after looking online i think that consists of vegetables, fruit, white meat ,fish , rice , potatoes and pasta, yougurts is there anything thing else i can eat.

thanks in advance and sorry for the ranting.

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:50 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Hello again! You make it sound so boring! You need good fats - I wouldn't advocate a "low fat" diet. But this seems to be in vogue!

You can eat lean pork, and extra lean beef - make your own healthy burgers! Also eggs, omega 3 eggs are very healthy and give you some good fat. When making omlettes make with 1 whole egg and one white or more, to cut down on the fat.

We have a recipe thread here, for exciting dishes that are high protein and low fat.

Oooh low fat cottage cheese is always good, and versatile. Low fat cheese would be ok too.

Once you get used to eating whole foods and whole grains and fruit and veg and lean meat, you'll feel TONS better and wonder how you ever lived on MacD's and KFC

You CAN do it!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:07 AM   #3  

Welcome back

I hate snack a jacks. I think I have some sort of mental block when it comes to any low fat diet type food.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:25 PM   #4  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Welcome back

I hate snack a jacks as well. Rice cakes are fairly tasteless and nutritionally useless - I always wondered why they weren't particularly filling but it turns out they are high GI which explains everything.

Teresa - have a think about eating a calorie controlled low GI diet with some healthy fats included. Don't go too low on calories, especially at the beginning - if you get too hungry you'll make some bad food choices and then feel like you've failed.

Most people - but not everyone - finds it easiest to eat 5 to 7 smaller meals a day rather than having three big meals - its so that your blood sugars stay stable all during the day. It all depends on your lifestyle - if you have to fit in with a family evening meal then its probably better if you have a reasonably sized evening meal with three or four snacks during the day and another one during the evening.

I can't really praise low GI enough - the food is interesting and tasty and, unless I try skipping a meal, I can honestly say I haven't felt hungry.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:28 PM   #5  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

I agree with Frus about the home made burgers... the search for The Perfect Burger is turning in to a bit of an obsession with me. The best so far has been turkey mince, seasoned with a little crumbled up blue cheese, red onion and thyme in it. They are almost as quick to make as opening a packet.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:11 AM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Oooh blue cheese Must try that in my next turkey burger I use mushrooms, apples and red onion at the moment, and sometimes Worcestershire sauce!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 10:09 AM   #7  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

hey girls

thank you all for your suggestions i will take them all on board , and the GI diet sounds really good but at the moment im just gonna stick with what the dr has told me till i go back in 2 weeks and if what im doing aint working then i will find out about other alternitives no point in saving a sinking ship when i can switch to something else before i get into a routine. with me i think its gonna be trial and error til we find the right course of action , but i defintly will lose it cos its really important that i lose as much as i can by novmber.

take care and speak to you all soon.

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote