View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 12:16 PM   #19
jlwhitney

S/C/G: 301/205/150

Height: 5'8"

Talking Great Poll

This is a great idea. I did a lot of research prior to surgery but never really found anything about life afterwards. NOW I didn't have the normal bypass cause I had SEVERAL complications but I would still do it again in a heart beat. I only wish that I would have had more knowledge about how life is almost two years post op. No one told me about the hair loss, that weight loss might be very slow due to other health issues, about the cravings that you still get even though you know that sugar will make you very sick or even about getting stuck at your current weight and how hard it is to keep going.

[b]I don't want anyone to think that my surgeon didn't discuss things with me but at the time they really talk about the first stages of being post-op.

I am still thankful everyday that I can now walk down the street or even up a flight of staris. I hate the loose skin but I will work on getting that taken care of. As for me I'm lossing slowly but that is better then still being trapped in that sickly woman's body that I use to have !!!
jlwhitney is offline   Reply With Quote