Old 08-21-2006, 07:46 AM   #1  
it's always something

Default Fat Smashers Aug 21-27

Good morning everyone! Is everyone ready to get started? If you are on the Fat Smash Diet, please feel free to join in this thread. It doesn't matter if you are just starting or if you are in Phase 4

Good luck!!
Old 08-21-2006, 08:05 AM   #2  
it's always something

I'm on day 1 of Phase 1. Here's my plan -

Breakfast
1 cup oatmeal (steel cut oats) with 1 small, chopped apple, cinnamon, a dash of butter buds and a smidgen of splenda, and 1 cup skim milk

Snack
Smoothie made from 6 oz plain yogurt, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup raspberries, and splenda

Lunch
Salad of baby spinach leaves, chopped tomatoes and onions, 1/2 cup black beans, and roasted red pepper vinagrette (Seeds of Change). I'll try a cup of plain brown rice on the side, but if I don't like it then I'll dress it up.

Dinner
Eggplant and zucchini, tossed with 2 tsp olive oil and oven roasted
1 cup brown rice pilaf with porcini mushrooms and onions

Snack
Another raspberry smoothie

Exercise
30 minute morning treadmill
PUSH dvd
30 minute evening treadmill
Old 08-21-2006, 08:53 AM   #3  
bouncy

S/C/G: 236/174.5/150

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Suzanne and all. I started the plan this am. The book store emailed me sat. and told me they couldnt get me a copy of the book. So i went to wal-mart and one left !! Ya!! I got it!! Iam so excited about this Ladies. Iam at work so dont have time to list the whole menu
b- oatmeal with yougart and a apple. 2 glasses of water
s- 1 banbana
L- brown rice with red, yellow peppers and onion with cajan seasoning and
a little beans blueberry herbal tea
s- frozen grapes and water 2 glasses
D- veggie soup and a salad with 1t. rf ranch dressing. green tea
nectarine.
If i get hungry during the day at work , i brought carrot sticks and extra fruit. ya !! I did have time to post my menu for today!! hew!!
Ididnt get the chance to do exercise this am aWill walk to night my 5miles .
did walk last night for 5miles with my dd. all of you wonderful ladies have a great day. Suzanne your menu looks so ................good. alot of planning there.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:13 AM   #4  

Morning,

I have to food shop this afternoon and will give it a go starting tomorrow. After food shopping I plan on making some red lentil and carrot soup. Have to modify it a bit for phase I but will have that on hand in containers for the week.

Like both your menus. I really haven't made a formal menu for myself yet but as I think of something I add it to my shopping list. So far I know I will be making the soup.

I'm also thinking of a mock risotto. Saute diced veggies in a light broth and add that to brown rice.

Good luck everyone.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:51 AM   #5  
bouncy

Hi Dottie, That is a great idea, I made the soup with veggie broth. I need to get some more to keep in hand. Will be glad for you to join us friend.Iam jsut so excited and iam going to do this !! we all can do it!! Take care and have a great day.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:40 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 215/209/150

Height: 5'6

I am starting today too, my book is in the mail and should be in tonight

Seeing your menus for today, I obviously didnt bring enough food with me to work today. So tonight I will get on track with making a menu and planning better. Yesterday I went shopping for fruits and veggies, and you know it was weird only going to the produce isle!

Pam
Old 08-21-2006, 11:59 AM   #7  
Less30

Starting today again for Phase 1. Oatmeal for breakfast...cooking up a big batch of brown rice (I make it with low sodium chicken broth instead of water, gives it a better flavor) so that I can use it over the next couple of days. Also love smoothies with plain yogurt, small banana, frozen strawberries and some fresh squeezed OJ and some ice. Yummy.

Last edited by buttercupkitty; 08-21-2006 at 01:29 PM.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:00 PM   #8  
it's always something

Pam, I find shopping goes a lot faster now that I've switched to whole foods, and this diet (at least phase 1) is going to be even easier. And cheaper! I went to the farmers market Saturday and bought a lot of produce for just a few bucks.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:02 PM   #9  
it's always something

I'm getting a late start on making my brown rice today. I'm going to try a tip someone else posted, that was from Cooks Illustrated magazine.

FOOLPROOF OVEN-BAKED BROWN RICE
1-1/2 cups long-, medium- or short-grain brown rice
2-1/3 cups water
2 teaspoons butter or vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat the oven to 375 F and move a rack to the middle position. Spread the rice into an 8-inch square, glass baking dish. In a covered saucepan on the stove, bring the water and butter or oil to a boil over high heat. Once it begins to boil, stir in the salt and pour over the rice. Cover the baking dish tightly with a double layer of foil. Bake for one hour, until tender. Remove from the oven and uncover. Fluff the rice with a fork, cover with a clean kitchen towel; let rice stand 5 minutes. Uncover for another 5 minutes, then serve immediately. Serves 4 to 6.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:50 PM   #10  
bouncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmteub View Post
I am starting today too, my book is in the mail and should be in tonight

Seeing your menus for today, I obviously didnt bring enough food with me to work today. So tonight I will get on track with making a menu and planning better. Yesterday I went shopping for fruits and veggies, and you know it was weird only going to the produce isle!

Pam
me too!! and what do you think was at the check out stand!! cookies !!
my fab!! I was strong, cause iam going to detox myself good!! hew!! have a
good day.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:51 PM   #11  
bouncy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttercupkitty View Post
Starting today again for Phase 1. Oatmeal for breakfast...cooking up a big batch of brown rice (I make it with low sodium chicken broth instead of water, bives it a better flavor) so that I can use it over the next couple of days. Also love smoothies with plain yogurt, small banana, frozen strawberries and some fresh squeezed OJ and some ice. Yummy.
That is good idea to plan and that way!! have veggies and such ready for
our meal to be quicker to prepare. Go team we can do it!! see all later
Old 08-21-2006, 12:53 PM   #12  
bouncy

Thanks Suzanne for the recipe fo the rice!! Iam not that great when
it come to cooking rice. Boil in bags for me!! have a good day
Old 08-21-2006, 07:12 PM   #13  
Ladean

S/C/G: 246/148/maintaining

Height: 5'8

Wooohoo Linda Buddie, I found you, I am so excited about this new diet, thanks my friend for showing me the way once again

Ladean
Old 08-21-2006, 07:24 PM   #14  
bouncy

Default Ladean

Hey Buddie, I Just Emialed You And Here You Are. It Is Realy A Good Plan. I Had Alittle Headach Right Before My Day At Work Ended. I Know It Was From My Lack Of Diet Coke !! Hew!! Had Herbal Tea Today. See You Later. You Can Do It. Lol
Old 08-21-2006, 07:58 PM   #15  
Ladean

S/C/G: 246/148/maintaining

Height: 5'8

Yeah I finally found it, I am so exicted about this, I know we will do great.