Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 09:18 PM   #1  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Default 5 day Challenge is here again!!!

Pat i am taking your lead and since you were not here today this is it!!

for this week I will stay OP!

I will cut down on my PB

I will take in my water everyday

I will do my exercises
Old 12-10-2001, 12:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

I'm in again. I will continue to be OP this week and challenge myself to 4 days of exercise. (I met my 3 last week and even managed to ride this morning as well).

Good luck everyone.
Dawnyal
Old 12-10-2001, 05:23 AM   #3  
Work in Progress

Well To tell you that I did not meet my goals last week. Too lofty for someone who is new to a job and trying to fit in PT etc.
But I am better this week( ANd in of course)

SO this week
w/o 5 days
OP food wise
water 120oz.

Hey Sue thanks for getting this in

Hey BG43- I think you are doing grand!!
Old 12-10-2001, 07:49 AM   #4  

Pat-->Thanks for the encouragement.
I remember someone on here once said that once you get OP, it gets easier and easier but the moment you slip it gets harder and harder...so it hasn't been too hard. I had a Christmas party last night and I knew the general menu so I just stuck with my plan and had no cheese (including cheese ball--my favorite!!!) and ate small portions. I ended it with about a cup of grapes, some strawberries, and treated myself to a rice krispee treat.
I have another one on Friday and will be planning on banking a few points in case I need to splurge and my brother's birthday is tonight and will splurge for one small piece of cake including icing!!

Good luck this week with meeting your goals!
Dawnyal
Old 12-11-2001, 04:54 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

Hi all
Did Ok Day 1.

Heading for Day 2

BG43 You are doing awesome. Great control at the party. SOmething I woulodn't dare do right now LOL.

Hey Sue How are you doing. Today is your big day!

See you all tomorrow
Old 12-11-2001, 07:57 AM   #6  

Still staying OP and let me tell you it feels great when I'm OP. Hoping when I reach one of those major hurdles that I sail over it with flying colors and if I don't that I get right back up and start heading toward the next one.

Monday was great. I woke up late and didn't get in my bike ride and it was my brother's birthday to boot. I went to work and since I plan out my meals and take my lunch I haven't been having any problems with eating at work.
I checked out the points on one piece of cake (12!!!) So on the drive back home, I decided it depended on what we had for dinner whether or not I would splurge my points on cake or eat dinner. (We have a tradition that whoever's birthday it is, he or she gets to eat whatever they want for dinner--from steak to one of mom's "famous" recipes. Since we're all sick, we opted for Taco Mayo and my brother will choose his meal this weekend when we're all feeling better and can actually taste it!)
So I ate dinner (I had around 20 points if necessary anyway for it.) and skipped the cake AND ice cream!!!! Woohoo. Then for the icing on my little cake, I went out and rode my bike after dinner. Double woohoo The down side to riding at 9 p.m. last night is I was too tired again this morning to get up to ride, so I'm planning on doing some situps and leg thingies at home for about 20 minutes this evening and start working on my tummy and back side.

Sorry this is so long (when I changed jobs, I gave up writing on a regular basis and I guess I"m missing it )

Good luck Pat and Sue today...Hopefully more will join us.
Dawnyal
Old 12-11-2001, 07:46 PM   #7  
hot mom wanna be!

Thumbs down

Hi All!
I want to do the same challenge this week for myself-skip the late night eating which I did well with last week even though I didn't lose b/c my calories were up there due to party, party, party!
Now, I really feel psyched and ready to lose, lose, lose!
I keep reminding myself that I lost the first 30 and have maintained it long enough!
Good luck to everyone this week~

~Lorelei~
Old 12-12-2001, 10:42 PM   #8  

Wednesday is over...how's everyone doing?

I've been doing well. Exercised on Monday and then a bit tonight. The rain here has hampered my bike riding, so I figured I'd do a few situps and leg things (I call them dog on fire hydrant, not sure what they're really called, but they work on the butt, hips and thighs.)

My food has been going well. I've been having problems getting in all my points. I like all the low to 0 point veggies and eat them and they tend to fill me up, so then I'm scrounging around trying to find healthy ways to add points to my menu. I weigh in tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

I enjoy water and always drink at least 64 oz. So luckily I don't have to worry about that.

Well, I'm off to bed in a bit so I can get up early to ride my bike in the morning.
Good luck all.
Dawnyal
Old 12-13-2001, 01:15 PM   #9  
Trying to find my way.

Monday even though i started good i blew it then tuesday i did the dsame but yesterday and tooday i am doing OK> it was TOM that helped me cave but it is here and i am strong again!!!

exercise all the way!!!
Old 12-13-2001, 11:10 PM   #10  

Sue, you're hanging in there and that's the good thing. Those one or two days aren't set backs. It's when those one or two days turn into weeks and then months that you start having problems.

I'm still doing well and staying OP . My problem is not eating enough points. I've been eating at least 18 a day, so I'm not worried though.
And I've exercised 3 of the 4 days this week and plan on exercising again in the morning, so I've met my challenge.

One more day to go.
Dawnyal
Old 12-14-2001, 10:43 PM   #11  
Trying to find my way.

Thanks for the boost. It did get me down to think that i was starting to fall. but i am back up and runing again! Going strong. I did great tosay with just a tiney slip and that sis not even get my carbs up to limit so i can not complain. i did great on the exercise end!

went to sams club and spent way to much! UGH!!!

not much else just cleaning and rearanging my office so i can make sncxe of it! will have to do some fly lady stuff but am real happy with it. so that should make me happy and then it helps with staying OP! it is funny how when your life is in order that you stay OP better!

Dawnyal you are doing great. that is hard given this time of year, but then we will be better prepared for the next few weeks. great going!!!
Old 12-14-2001, 11:40 PM   #12  
hot mom wanna be!

Thumbs down update

I am happy to report that I have lost a pound this week! Thank goodness!!

barbygirl-How inspiring that you are doing so well in the face of temptation. I will have to remember you this weekend. I have two family get togethers this weekend and that means tons of food and sweets!

nasus-keep up that positive attitude!

fralick-how's it going?

I have stuck to this not eating late at night and I really think that helps me a lot. I know my body cant burn it and it just turns to fat.

happy weekend everyone!
lorelei
(313/280/273 New years goal)
Old 12-16-2001, 10:59 AM   #13  

lorelei-->Congrats on the one pound loss. A loss is a loss, especially this time of year!! I hope you did well during your get-togethers.

I'm getting ready for Christmas party #2 of 3 this morning. This one is the big one with the family and all the good ole fixins'. I'm not worrying about points, just getting small spoon sizes of foods that I like. I even made a pistachio pie (worth 4 points a slice for 1/6 of the pie) so I would have one dessert I could eat if I choose to have a dessert.

I managed to stay OP all week and get in my exercise. Even exercised yesterday and today for good measure. So how did everyone else do?

Dawnyal
Closed Thread