Old 08-18-2006, 03:17 PM   #1  

Default New to LA weight Loss

Hi everyone! I joined Wednesday and have been drinking my juice!
a friend of mine told we they were having a sale 2 for 1 and lose all you want so I signed up with another girlfriend. We have to drive 50 miles to the closest center though. They are working with us on that so it won't be so stressful! We go back tonight to get our plans. I have 52 pounds to lose and they said it would take me 25 weeks. So I should be down to my goal by February. It sounds like it will work with my hectic schedule so I do hope it will. Just wanted to say hi and I will need losts of support!!
Nascar Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 04:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Nascar! You will find our daily chatter in the Losers and Friends thread. Just jump on in and ask any questions you may have.

Here is some to get you started!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 04:48 PM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi and welcome!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 06:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 182/155/145

Height: 5'8"

Nascar - Hi and welcome!

Biz - I think it is so cute how you have taken on the position of 3FC - LAWL welcome wagon...Good job
Also wanted to respond to your suggestion of T/o + 5 days of slimfast.
I may give it a try in Sept.
I have been doing T/O practically every two weeks to rid the lbs from the excessive indulgences.
Here comes another weekend of socializing- eating -drinking and being merry. Yikes!
-S
sznn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 07:42 PM   #5  

Sznn - Well, Katie was MIA for most of the day so someone had to take over! LOL
Old 08-19-2006, 01:20 PM   #6  

Thanks ya'll
Old 08-19-2006, 04:16 PM   #7  
STACY

S/C/G: 268/249/217

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Kayla. Your going to love it here and also with LAWL. Everyone is great and very helpful. Im also new so we can do it together. NASCAR. I love nascar. Its great. Good luck.

STACY
sforck97@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 06:45 PM   #8  
FBD/8-18-08

Hi Nascar - Welcome! I guess a Nascar fan will be aiming for the "finish line" with LAWL. If you needs lots of support, you've come to the right place. I've only been here a short time but everyone is wonderful!
I'm new, so we'll be new together along with Stacy and all the other newbies!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 09:50 PM   #9  

Pearl - yep gonna be reaving up my eingine! I definately will need support!
Stacy - yep I'm a fan! my drive is Bobby Labonte altough he's not doing too good lately at least he's being consistant! wow how long have you and Pearl been on plan? ya'll are doing great!

I'm on the purple plan; I feel like I'm gonna explode from all this food I ate today I think this has been my problem....I don't eat enough! Go figure a fat girl who don eat enough!
Thanks so much for the warm welcome ladies! I look forward to chating with ya'll!
Old 08-20-2006, 02:09 AM   #10  
FBD/8-18-08

Kayla - Great name by the way! Dh and I started two weeks ago. He's lost 14.8 pounds and I'm not weighing again untl my TOM is over. It's too depressing!
Purple huh?, I'm on the red, started out on the blue. Had dizzies, weakness, found out they started us on the wrong plan... Oh well.
As you can see, it's late, I'm getting up in 4 hours and I've got 30 people coming for a cookout for my 16 yr old son's birthday this afternoon.
Have a great rest of the weekend. I'll see ya at the race tomorrow!
Old 08-22-2006, 08:14 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I am new too. Just finishing my 2nd day. Didn't realize how expensive the program was going to be buying the bars and supplements. Have to figure out how to save some $$. Irene
hereicome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 06:22 AM   #12  

Irene -
I agree; I thought it was a bit much too; I bought the bars at sign up so they were "discounted" so they say but that's were the cost is.... in those bars; I didn't buy all the supplements only a few; they were having a 35% off sale so I bought some to try that my girlfriend said worked for her the FB500 and Trimax and Carb Crave one
Old 08-23-2006, 09:16 AM   #13  

I just called a center and they said there was no food to buy from them or supplements.

Is that true?
Tree0164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 09:44 AM   #14  

That is true. Sort of. They have supplements available that are pretty expensive when compared with other things out there at Walmart and Vitamin World, etc.

They also have LA Lites, which are soy protein bars. You buy them at $15/box of 7 and you use 2 a day, so it's about $30/week. However, you are not obligated to use them. Some on this board substitute other bars. You get the bars at a discount, though, if you purchase them in bulk at the beginning of your program. They really push the bars, but they are NOT required. That being said, a lot of us on the board do use the bars because they give you a sweet treat twice a day. I don't buy the "plastic surgery in a box" claim, but I use them because I like them better than Luna Bars.

Bottom line... this is a great program, and it works. It is not cheap, and it does seem expensive at first because you pay all of your weight loss weeks and maintenance weeks up front. But... if you compare the price of the weeks, and the Lites to a week at Weight Watchers, you will see that it's pretty comparable. And definitely cheaper than Jenny Craig or NutriSystem or any other thing that you use their food.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:49 AM   #15  
FBD/8-18-08

Tree - Not exactly. No you don't HAVE to buy their products and some choose not to. We've found most of their supplements have something comparable at GNC or Walmart for 1/2 or 1/3 of their price. The bars are expensive and you can use other bars less expensive. I read here somewhere that you can use Pria, Luna, or Kashi, but the Luna's are the closest thing to theirs. I've been using Pria because I can buy them by the box at Costco 36/$19. The Lunas are .98 at Walmart.
Hope this helps.