Old 08-17-2006, 10:52 AM   #1  

Default LA Lite Question

Hi everyone, I was on this site a few months back but hadn't joined LAWL yet but last Friday I joined because they had 50 % off. Well I am on the red plan not using the lites but I was wondering if I were to have a bar every now and then how would I deduct that from my food? What would it count as? Also, do you thing my COD would frown on that. During TOM I crave chocolate like mad and I just love the S'more bars but it's too expensive to get 2 boxes per week on the plan so I was hoping that when TOM happens I could sub LA lites for my chocolate cravings. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Karla B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 04:41 PM   #2  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Carla, I do the lites, but I think that some of the other ladies have said that the 2 lites equal 1 starch and 1/2 protein.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 07:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/216/150

Height: 5'4

Carla
Chances are your COD will frown because she wants to see you eating bars all the time to add to her sales. I know some of the ladies have mentioned that sometimes they write something else down in their journal as a code for another food. You may want to do that. It kind of stinks to be dishonest but who wants the hassle of having to keep saying "no" to your COD when asked to stock up on bars.
Hope that helps
startingovernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 08:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I agree with the others... Deb is right about the counts, and Cassandra is right about the "codes". The other thing that stuck out to me, though, is that you are on red without lites. Are you sure you're not on Red 1? I was on red WITH lites from the beginning (256) to about 224. I would ask the COD if that is the right plan for you. If they say yes, and you have trouble losing, you may want to bring it up again because you will be getting at least 300-350 calories less per day than with the bars.

Another option would be to use Lunas or Pria Complete or Kashi Crunchy like some of the others are doing. You can always write in LA Lite in your book and if they press you, tell them you got some from a friend who was on the program but quit or something.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 09:04 PM   #5  

Yes I am on the Red Plan 1. If I do decided to eat one now and then I will just put something else. THanks for the info.
Karla B is offline   Reply With Quote