South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 08:33 PM   #1  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Default Back in the saddle again....

Hi chickiedoodles. Sorry I've been MIA again lately but I discovered that with all the hours I put into my new job, on my feet, I've developed a metabolism, and can pretty much eat whatever I want and stay the same weight.

However...

I have a reason to lose some again now, besides being healthy and such. (Summer time makes me fall off the wagon.) My best friend, Molly (you've all heard so much about her,) decided to get knocked up and is getting married next month to a guy she's in love with but wasn't even dating because he didn't want to date her, just her. Crap. The dress is gorgeous, but I just barely squeezed into the one I purchased, so I figure I have to lose about 6 lbs by next month. Crap, again.

ANYWHO, I'm back. A bit stressed, overworked, and tired, but back. Going to try my half WW half SBD diet and see how I do. The hard part is just limiting how much I eat because I'm so used to eating and eating and eating.

Going to make some stir fry with brown rice and baja chipotle sauce. Hopefully that'll hold me tonight.

How have you all been?

Lisa
Old 08-11-2006, 06:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi, Weezle, it's great to have you back, we've missed you!
Old 08-11-2006, 09:18 AM   #3  

Weezle, Welcome back! It hasn't been the same without you. Join us in the daily. There are a lot of new people for you to meet.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:28 AM   #4  

HI Weezie! We've missed you doll!
Old 08-11-2006, 12:07 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Missed you, Weezle! Glad to see you back and with such a STUNNING new avatar! YGG! Your 'used to eating everything' thing makes me think of that woman on Desperate Housewives who didn't want to give up breastfeeding because then she'd have to go on a diet! What a blessing to stay the same weight no matter what you eat.

I'm in a 'food and mood' therapy group and one of the members is a woman who has little problem with gaining weight. She just wants to eat healthier. She's been doing more and more toward that goal and she just looks like a new person...all 'bright-eyed and bushy-tailed' as my mom would say.

Glad to have you with us...I bet you'll look fantastic in that dress!
Old 08-12-2006, 09:38 AM   #6  

back Weezle! We missed you!!
Old 08-12-2006, 10:58 AM   #7  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Thanks girls! Glad to be back, AGAIN. I just need to quit drifting away and then I won't have any need for crawling back.

Laurie, that is a funny thing about Desperate Housewives. It's very similar. I LIKE eating everything in the house. I've decided that I'm not going to buy Breyer's Double Churned No Sugar Added ice cream anymore because I eat it EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. It's so yummy! I'm just going to have to buy only healthy things. The funny thing is, I was trying to behave myself right before my TOM, and that's usually when I have the worst emotional eating problems. I ate a whole head of broccoli in one sitting. Gosh darnit, I pigged out but at least it was a vegetable! (Thank God for Beano.)

Molly's biggest concern out of this whole thing is that she's going to be "fat" for her wedding. Um... well, at almost 20 weeks pregnant, you might show a little bit, but otherwise, that's it. She's the one who ran 13 miles a day and such, so I suppose I can understand that, but I'd have bigger worries going on in my brain than that. But that's just me.

Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Lisa
Closed Thread