Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2001, 07:22 PM   #16  

Thanks for your inspiration. I think I will call her tomorrow. By the way, I am a vegetarian (strict - no meat, poultry or fish). Have been for almost two years now. What a coincidence!!! Being a vegetarian does not mean to automatically maintain your weight - trust me. I lost about 60 lbs a few years ago and then when I took it one step further and became a vegetarian, I have put back on 30. Can't keep out of those potato chips, ya know!!!! I will never eat meat or fish again but I want to get this snacking and some poor choices behind me. Bye for now, Lu
Old 12-05-2001, 07:27 PM   #17  

Lu, wow, a vegetarian! You can pick my brain about my OA experience and I will pick your about being vegetarian
Talk to you tomorrow!
Old 12-05-2001, 08:16 PM   #18  

Did you ever read that book "Diet for a New America" by John Robbins? If not, I highly recommend it if you are considering vegetarianism. I bought the book after considering being veggie for health reasons but that book enlighten me, big time!!! It's the cruel truth of how that meat and fish gets to our table. It is truly a gruesome process. It's also very interesting reading. You would just think we Americans would know the details of the process but we don't. We just scratch the surface of the real story. It's a big secret kept by the Beef and Dairy Association that will continue to advertise their "healthy" products on TV and in magazines, etc. They have lots of money - money shuts up a lot of people. It really is crazy and we (my husband and I) have decided we want no part of it. We enjoy being veggies and are proud of it. May I ask what inspires you to give up meat. (Sorry, can't call you a vegetarian if you eat fish) - not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just true. Giving up meat is a good thing too. Giving it all up is better, but that's just my opinion. By the way, would you like to email each other rather than use this message board? It's totally up to you. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2001, 09:12 PM   #19  

Hey Lu,
Just wanted to check in and say hello. Did you call your sponsor? How did it go? I really think she will be very supportive of your program and really help you understand the program. Good Luck! I am out of town on the weekend, my email is...talk to you on Monday.

PS...thanks for the name of the book, have been considering going 'all the way' with veggies...

Have a great weekend! Take care.
Betsy

Last edited by ellis; 05-12-2005 at 09:01 AM. Reason: removed email address because of spammers
Old 12-11-2001, 06:28 PM   #20  

I hope I wasn't invading your privacy writing to you at home. Not sure. Maybe you would rather communicate here?
Closed Thread