Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 09:20 AM   #1  

Default Optifast weigh-in

I'm down a total of 51lbs!
Dad has lost 53lbs!
Yay! We are both doing really well with this.
I really wanted to get the first 50lbs lost before school started... just so when/if people noticed, I could be like... yeah, I've lost 50lbs since the last time you saw me.. hehe
The gal that we saw at the clinic is so surprised with our success... they have alot of people doing the program, but they aren't really doing it *right*... I haven't been 100% perfect, but I'm still doing what I need to make this work.

Anyway, I'm happy... first 50lbs gone, and in a size 24. Actually, I'm a smaller size at a higher weight, so that means that I have more muscle than before... I think... I HOPE!
Old 08-09-2006, 09:31 AM   #2  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Congrats!! It's amazing how fast it came off!
Old 08-09-2006, 10:11 AM   #3  

Amanda....

That is awesome!!!!!!!!!! Wow....the weight is really coming off fast! I'm so happy that you found something that works for you. I think that's the key...I was "hopeless" until I found weight watchers....everyone has a plan that's for them...and obviously you found a great one for yourself and your dad...congrat's to both of you......WTG
hugs,
liv
Old 08-09-2006, 11:24 AM   #4  
Aleecia

That is so awesome Amanda. You and your dad have had great success in a very short time. WOW!
Keep up the good work!
Old 08-09-2006, 11:27 AM   #5  
Mindful Eater

S/C/G: 253/183/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckettgirl
I'm down a total of 51lbs!

I really wanted to get the first 50lbs lost before school started... just so when/if people noticed, I could be like... yeah, I've lost 50lbs since the last time you saw me.. hehe

Amanda - That is GREAT progress- congrats to you and your dad.

I hope you don't mind I share one thing with you. When I had lost a significant amount of weight, some of the people that hadn't seen me since I started losing would notice and compliment me on my loss. Some, however, would say nothing. I was like "How can you NOT notice that I've lost 50 lbs? " (didn't say this to them). I think some people truly just do not notice and some people feel uncomfortable commenting on other people's bodies. I just say this b/c there were a few people in particular (my best friend! whom I only see a few times a year) that I just KNEW would notice and they didn't. It really upset me . On the other hand, people I never would have expected to notice and, if they did, say anything about it was a nice surprise . I realize you said "when/if people noticed" so you may already be prepared for this. I wasn't.

Has anyone else had this experience?
Old 08-09-2006, 11:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

CONGRATS Amanda!!! That's awesome that you and your Dad are losing so well...keep up the hard work

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingFree
Has anyone else had this experience?
My Mother only seems to notice after I've gained some of the weight back I don't understand it either.She'll see me at a higher weight,then see me at a lower weight(and no mention of weightloss),then again at a higher weight and then ask me if I'm losing.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:11 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakingFree
I hope you don't mind I share one thing with you. When I had lost a significant amount of weight, some of the people that hadn't seen me since I started losing would notice and compliment me on my loss. Some, however, would say nothing. I was like "How can you NOT notice that I've lost 50 lbs? " (didn't say this to them). I think some people truly just do not notice and some people feel uncomfortable commenting on other people's bodies. I just say this b/c there were a few people in particular (my best friend! whom I only see a few times a year) that I just KNEW would notice and they didn't. It really upset me . On the other hand, people I never would have expected to notice and, if they did, say anything about it was a nice surprise . I realize you said "when/if people noticed" so you may already be prepared for this. I wasn't.
I already know who is going to stick their nose up at me, who will comment in a negative fashion, and who will be completely positive and happy for me... granted, it is a combination of my classmates and instructors... but I know what to expect from the bunch. I do, however, intend to be at goal by graduation. And if my classmates haven't noticed or are just too stuck up to say anything by then... they can kiss my @$$.
I don't have time for people who can't be positive about other's accomplishments (with anything). Nor do I have time for people who want to minimize my efforts... so I guess we'll see what happens.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:39 PM   #8  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

Amanda you rock
So glad to hear the progress you and your father have made. I agree with your comments about those who don't notice when you reach goal at graduation. Hang in there you are an inspiration to many of us
Anna
Old 08-09-2006, 12:41 PM   #9  
fighting the sugar demon!

S/C/G: 281/263.9/190

Height: 5'8.5

WTG!! Glad that it is working so well for you!
Old 08-09-2006, 11:25 PM   #10  
You can do it!!!!

S/C/G: 294/260/200

Height: 5'3

Great news. Keep it up!
Old 08-10-2006, 04:58 AM   #11  

Well done you! Glad you are having good success. Some people who don't notice are those who really really love you, and it just never occurred to them that you were anything other than you in the first place, and didn't realise you needed to lose weight. I found that a lot.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:55 AM   #12  
Downsizing Dee!

Wow Amanda, that's great news! I'm very happy for you. Congrats on finding a plan that works and sticking with it. Here's to you and your father's contined success

~Dee
Old 08-10-2006, 11:11 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 247/177.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Wow- you're doing so well! I am so happy for you. Best of luck in continuing your journey!
Old 08-10-2006, 11:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Awesome job - you rock!!!
Old 08-10-2006, 03:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Amanda that's great! How many more weeks on the liquid diet?

Just to echo the previous comment, when I saw my mom after having lost 50 pounds she never noticed a thing -- I had to tell her.

I think now that I've lost 50 more, she would notice even without me saying anything...
Closed Thread