Old 08-07-2006, 05:44 PM   #1  
redhead30

S/C/G: 215/210/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Looking for the singles!!

We all have our challenges. I think as a single person my challenges are much different than those of you with a husband and kids. Just looking for those of you out there that can relate to singledom (is that a word?).

I'm getting ready to start the 3rd week of LAWL. I'm down about 9 lbs now. I wish it were more. I just turned 30 in July and decided this is the year I'm going to make a change. LAWL seems to be something I can stick with for a long time. I've tried WW in the past and LAWL keeps me away from those bad foods that can trigger a binge. With WW they tell you you can eat anything - if I did eat anything I couldn't stop!!

I've got just over 50 lbs to lose - they say it'll take me 27 weeks (guess I only have 25 left )

I love this board and all the info I've gotten from it so far - even though my COD didn't like the fact you guys said I could use a slim fast instead of their bars. My COD is VERY sales oriented. Not very friendly either, but as my mom says - that's what I paid them for.

Anyway - I'm rambling. Just looking for some singles out there to share the dieting challenges of the single life.
redhead30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 05:50 PM   #2  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Single? Yeah-that would be me. . . However, in some ways it's easier to diet-in that I don't have to make food for others. But it is also hard not to have a support person at home-to keep me from my solo binges. I wouldn't eat like that if someone was there with me.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:10 PM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh yes you would, if your DH was doing it too. Some of my very worst eating has been inspired by him.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:10 PM   #4  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome Redhead!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:19 PM   #5  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Katie-good point. I need to find a real health nut!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:29 PM   #6  
Weight-Loss Warrior

S/C/G: 195/188.4/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi redhead,
I'm single in that I have a boyfriend but not married, not living with him. I'm 28 as well, live alone, no kids, work full-time, and when school starts back up next month will be a full-time student as well. I'm going for a bachelor's as well. Being single definately has its challenges when it comes to weight-loss. I can think of too many binges that I went through that I would have never done if I lived with someone else. I have also lived with someone in the past and have dealt with the challenges of dieting with a live-in as well. Regardless of whether you live with someone or by yourself dieting is difficult.
Liz-z78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:30 PM   #7  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Juliemarie - careful what you wish for!!! Some of those real health nuts are absolute fanatics that will drive you bonkers. Go for someone that's balanced.
It's just me and DH and two dogs. It's easy to cook for the dogs and if DH doesn't like what I've made (typically LAWL friendly), then he stops on his way home from work. He typically eats what I have with no complaints. I wouldn't say he's supportive, but he's not unsupportive either.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:11 PM   #8  
redhead30

S/C/G: 215/210/130

Height: 5'4"

I hope you married folks didn't think that I meant it was harder or easier on your own vs. being married - it's just a little different. I can totally relate to the binging alone thing. My saturday morning ritual used to be to hit the grocery store whenever I woke up for fried chicken fingers and ice cream. I'd eat until I was full and then sleep it off. Definitely wouldn't be doing that if someone else (even a roommate) was in the house. There's nobody there to really kick your butt when you need it, but then there's also nobody there to distract you when you're in the zone.

I have good support from my family, friends and co-workers, but it would be (has been) easy for me to go off plan without anyone knowing.
redhead30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Welcome Redhead!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 09:00 AM   #10  
Pekochan

S/C/G: 199/180/140?135

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Redhead!
Welcome!

I'm not single....newlywed (1 year in Oct) I got married at 39 (first and only time) no kids....so I understand both angles...My highest weight as a single was 160......but I put on 40 pounds since I got married - in about 5 months! Yikes!! They say it is common to put on the newly married 9....but that is ridiculus!! We've just been going out more, drinking more, eating more bad food... The grass isn't always greener but I am deliriously happy with DH.

Start Date: July 7, 2006

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."

PS...I met my DH on Match.com
Peko is offline   Reply With Quote