Old 08-01-2006, 11:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Default August NSVs (non-scale victory)

A new month so a new thread for August NSVs. Post your NSVs here for the month--I know we'll all have some!

Have a great month!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:21 PM   #2  

Today my daughter had a baby and we traveled to Ohio and this is huge for me I stayed within my points!!!!
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:01 PM   #3  
Bikini Season :)

I looked in the mirror and cant find my double chin!!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Wow Luflic,
That is my number one weakness...going out of town kills me for the time i am out of town and it is SO hard for me to get it back in gear when i get back.

My little NSV today is i was REALLY wanting Thai from this little place i usually go eat with my husband. I had brought a peice of veggie pizza to work. Comparing the two...thai was making my mouth water. I ate the veggie pizza slice. I dont know if thai is that bad but seeing as how good it tastes it cant be great for my diet. I was just so scared i would eat it and justify it by saying it is only a few hundred cals but my gosh what if it is like 1000...so i opted for the safe option.

Then someone bought a flourless 5 layer chocolate cake...the kind that is about $8 a slice in bakeries. YUM. I looked at it and wiped the drool from my chin and walked back to my office and ate my 100 cal snack. Hooray.

Its the little decisions like that, that will get me to 145 and away from 277.
Stacy
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:09 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

My NSV today is that I am back on program after going over on my carbs yesterday. It feels good to get right back at it.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:50 AM   #6  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Here is a weird one... but we all know about the back rolls

I used to have 2 on one side and 1 on the other side...
This morning, I noticed that one on the side with 2 is gone. There is a line to indicate where it was at but it is gone. So now I have 1 back roll on each side and even those are less than they used to be.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:11 PM   #7  
No Excuses/No Whining!

S/C/G: 333/263/185

Height: 5'7"

okay okay i have one!

I got HIT ON! at the club/bar/dance hall that i visited last night!

granted, my boyfriend did not appreciate it.. but.. i LOVED it!!
supernurse_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 11:33 PM   #8  

Friday, I went into Fashion Bug to check out the sale, and to see if they had a shirt that I saw on their website (I don't like to buy clothes online, must try on if not sure of the fit)...
I picked up 6 items (tops and bottoms) to try on. Everything I tried on FIT! - not only did they fit, they were all size 24!! YAY! Not 28 or 26 but 24!!
I even found the shirt that I saw online, and it fit in a 24 as well and I loved the look, so I bought it!
I don't want to splurge on clothes too much while I'm losing, other than necessary staples so I don't have to go nekkid LOL... but I couldn't pass up that cute top, and the fact that I haven't gone into any store and bought a size 24 in over 2 years was amazing!
buckettgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 03:26 PM   #9  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

For the first time since I've joined, I worked out at the more open and busy part of the gym where there are more people. Normally I'd work out in a little part elsewhere because I felt so self-conscious! Plus, I went back to the gym after not having gone for 3 weeks!!!

great thread!!!
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 06:43 PM   #10  

HI everyone....

Great NSV's....I'm very proud of everyone.....WTG!!!!!!! I've got one too....we went camping this weekend with another couple. We stayed at a nice KOA that had a lake, activities,etc. Yesterday it was decided that we should rent the paddle boats and take them out on the lake. Back in the day...I would have said..."you guys go ahead without me"...because I would have been afraid of tipping the thing over, sinking it, or not having the energy to actually paddle it. Well....no excuses this time....I got on and the thing didn't even move....wooowhooooo....it's so nice to not be afraid to do fun things anymore.

Hugs,
Liv
roundRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 06:49 PM   #11  

Thank you everyone for posting! It is encouraging to me to see and read others success I know I am not alone and that if you can I can!
Yeah for turning down the cake!!!
Yeah for size smaller clothes!
Yeah for getting hit on!
Yeah for being brave enough to work out where you want!!!

Today we went to Red Lobster and I didn't have a chessy bisquit!!!!
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:18 PM   #12  
Bikini Season :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luflic
!!!

Today we went to Red Lobster and I didn't have a chessy bisquit!!!!
that is extreme will power!!!!!! those things are amazing!! be proud!
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 246/235/154

Height: 5'7''

Yesterday I finally moved from the couch and walked 4 miles in an hour My mom couldn't believe it when I actually asked her to come for a walk with me

And also, I told her about my compulsive eating (had been keeping it secret since I was 10 because I was afraid she'd think I'm a freak) and I felt such a relief after talking about it with her, I'm sure it'll help me deal with it and control the food
PollyRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:24 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Olivia -- Wow, you should be celebrating a big SCALE victory soon, huh? 97 pounds lost! woo!

My nsv is the mundane but not to be dismissed smaller clothing size -- I am now into a 14W, and in many cases a 16 misses! (tho, not always the latter). Clothes shopping is already more fun, but will be even more so when I am more firmly into the misses sizes!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:49 PM   #15  

Hi Wyllenn.....
Yep...I'm getting ever so close to that 100 pounds gone....it seems like my scale has been stuck for weeks now though.....hummmmm. I'm just going to keep at it though. Oh....and a big congrats on your 100 pounds gone....that is absolutely awesome...WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs,
Liv
roundRN is offline   Reply With Quote