Old 08-04-2006, 08:13 AM   #1  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Default Weighty Issues #43: August 06

to the AUGUST edition of our Weighty Issues thread.

We're well into enjoying summer. Sun, surf, sand, shorts, swimsuits and hey, who doesn't wanna look good and more importantly, FEEL good instead of ----> Need some new inspiration? We're a group of wonderful women from different walks of life, spread out from the US east coast to the west, across the pond and to the Far East.

We support each other through the highs and lows of every day life--it's not just about weight loss , it's about LIFE . If you have something to say or need a shoulder to cry on , come on in,
grab a chair and stay awhile. You'll be glad you did.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:25 AM   #2  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi guys!! I thought I should start a new thread since it is already August 4!!! Noelle, I just copied your intro which is so nice.

I have so many donuts to do today because a couple of the towns closest to us are having festivals so there are lots of orders but I shouldnt complain because this is the last big month of money making and then it will totally die off in November until May. I know I am rambling again.

Tomorrow afternoon I am going to go buy a few things for the RV that we need. I am so ready to take a vacation. I entered a Habitat For Humanity raffle. They give away a brand new Class A RV fully loaded and they only sell7500 tickets. They are $100 per ticket but not too bad odds plus it is for charity. If I ever won it I would probably sell it because it is a $200,000.00 RV. I like my 5th wheel and I could put a nice chunk into savings. It is nice to dream.

Well, Not much going on today. I hope you all get to post and if you dont then I hope you have a great weekend!!
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:20 PM   #3  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

HELLO????? ANYONE HERE????
Old 08-04-2006, 09:47 PM   #4  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, hope you're well into enjoying your weekend.

Angie, thanks for the new thread...I've been slacking I'll be crossing my fingers for you to win that raffle. That is an AWESOME prize!!! Has the humidity let up for you?

Well, not much going on with me, I got a mani and pedicure today and just relaxed pretty much. Rick is off in Kona again, I don't really know when he's coming home, maybe tomorrow night or Sunday... so it's just me and Mikey this weekend. I may take him to see the movie Barnyard, it looks funny. Don't think it'll top the Ant Bully though, I loved that one. Other than that I look forward to just laying around the house and catching up on some reading.

As I was driving home from my nail appointment there were a bunch of fancy cars (Mercedes, Lexus, BMW's etc...) parked along the road right around the corner from my house--the developer and the construction crew head honchos plus a Hawaiian priest came out to bless the land before breaking ground. Well, some were parked across the road and I nearly ran someone over as they were crossing the street ... almost, but not quite. Let me tell you I felt like doing it though!

Well, I'll stop rambling here and just wish everyone else a fun weekend. Party on dude.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:37 PM   #5  

Hello Everyone,
I've finally gotten some time to myself. The teachers are back to school last Wed and we have been doing quite a few meetings, getting to know the new staff members, and setting up our rooms. We had 'Meet the Teacher' night last night. Some of the kids seemed afraid of me; some were pretty quiet. Unfortunately, I know that that quiet won't last long. The kids come back to school on Monday. My room is ready and I already have the next 2 1/2 - 3 weeks planned out. Forgive me if I don't post often; I will be thinking of everybody; I just won't have a lot of time until Fall break.
Have a great weekend.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:40 PM   #6  
so close, yet so far...

Cal, why in the world would they be afraid of you? I know you had on your happy-go-lucky friendly teacher face That's a good start though, keep them in line for a little while at least... Have a good weekend.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:55 AM   #7  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi guys. I am down .6 pound this week. I have no idea why it is so small because I have not strayed from plan at all but at least it is a loss. I will happily take it. I am going to go out for seafood tonight and use some of my flex points so maybe I will shock my system or something. I have yet to use any of those. I always feel like I am pushing it with all the food I eat. It is ALOT more than I ate the other 2 times I lost weight.

Cal, Have fun at school. I dont envy you a bit. I am praying this year that I dont get phonecalls from the teachers all the time. I am going to tell them to do whatever they want to do because I cant do it for them. I mean seriously what in the **** am I supposed to do when Corey is talking in class?

Noelle, I bet they get that alot. I am going to take Alicia to the mall to get some school shirts today. She is the only kid at home so I guess she is the lucky one.

Well, I have to go get my walk over with.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:01 PM   #8  

Hi Girls

Great Job Angie on the loss! Enjoy your dinner tonight.

Noelle I want to see Aunt Bully really bad. It looks so cute. My ds was pretty afraid of Monster House. It is a good thing my dd did not go. Let me know how Barnyard was.

Cal enjoy the last couple of days before the kiddos come back.

Today we are going to put some bushes in. Everything is on sale this time of year anyway. I just can't see paying full price for some of that stuff. And then the kids want to go swimming. Okay gotta run. Have a great weekend everyone!
jbbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 09:53 PM   #9  

Well, we got everything ready for the tile to be installed; the guys got here at 8am and quickly readied everything for the tile. Just before they installed the tile, I saw it and realized that it was not the tile we had ordered and paid for. Come to find out the vendor made a mistake and sent the wrong tile, so it had to be returned. They will not get the correct tile sent until Monday and it will probably be next Saturday before they can begin installing. Needless to say I was very upset and Alberto demanded some type of compensation. He will have that all ironed out on Monday. In the meantime, my house is a wreck with things piled everywhere; in fact, the sofa is still in the garage and the stairs are lined with things from the kitchen and livingroom. I will put up with it because it will look great when it's completed.

Angie: I hear you on the phone calls from teachers. I know I've called parents, but it was usually after several warnings and the next step would be a visit to the principal (which usually meant suspension for the disruptions). Here in Arizona (and I'm sure many other places) it is actually against the law to disrupt the educational process (I tell my kids that that includes talking out in class when they are supposed to be listening.Of course, I've never heard of anyone getting arrested for breaking that law). Hopefully, the teachers have a good discipline plan in place that will make you their partner in helping your young ones to understand the importance of their (and everyone else's) education. Of course, I've had parents come in and sit with their kids and at that age it is very embarrassing to most kids. By the way, great job on the loss. I still get so frustrated with myself at times. I did so well on our vacation. I just don't eat as well here.

Noelle: I was going to take Ashley to see Ant Bully this weekend, but the mess with the tiles really blew that out of the water. I do want to see it and Barnyard, too.

Julie: Is it still warm where you are? It's funny to hear the news people talk about how Arizona is NOT the hot spot in the nation. My sister, in California, said that we have their weather and they have ours. The weather has been a little crazy lately.

Hello to everyone else. Come out and chat. Have a great weekend.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:41 AM   #10  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning girls!! My seafood dinner was good but the service sucked. It sucked last time we went there too so I dont think I will be going to that restaurant again. We took Alicia shopping for some tops for school but she couldnt find anything that she liked....she is my tomboy. She did buy a pink sweater( for me )

Julie, I bet your bushes look great. I love it after you landscape and everything looks all new and pretty.

Cal, I wont be going to school to sit with him. I have tried everything in the book to get him and Brit to pay attention and nothing works so I am stumped...and totally sick of it.

Everybody else....Come Out and Chat!!!

I bet your floors will look awesome when they finally get the right tiles in. I cant wait to do my bedroom and the kids bedrooms.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:00 PM   #11  

Hey guys. I am still here. We lost cable for over 30 hours so I couldn't get on over the weekend. Now I am trying to fight with my student loan company about a payment that I sent them. I will be back later I just wanted to pop on.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:32 PM   #12  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Oh Kempy that would suck!! I would die without cable AND computer!!

I hope you got your payment straightened out. We have been paying off big bills like crazy to get ahead for the winter. It feels good to have most of them gone but the money always ends too soon. Isnt that the way it always is?

I wnet to get school supplies for the kids today. Geesh it is expensive to do that. I remember when I was little my parents didnt have to buy anything. I wished we could go back in time sometimes.

Well, I hope more people get to post tonight.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:38 PM   #13  

Hey guys. I think I got it all straight. I just hope that Joe's check goes into the account like it is supposed to on the 15th. I think I am going to call the bank and see if they would push it through if they try to send it to the old account. Not much going on here today. I have a docs appt. so I came home for lunch and to straighten the house a bit. Of course, all I want to do is to take a nap. The heat is still getting to me.

I hope all of you guys are doing great. I hope to see more posts when I get back later today.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:00 AM   #14  
so close, yet so far...

Whoaaaaaaaa.....FLASHBACK! I came here to post and found the #24 Weighty Issues thread up top. That was from last year! I am sick with a stuffy head and sore throat.... I thought it was the Nyquil making me hallucinate or something! So, I've been a little scarce here but just been lying in bed reading some library books and sleeping. It's Rick's birthday today and we've got nothing special planned, but will hopefully save it for the weekend if he doesn't fly off to Kona AGAIN. The boat is still being readied for the trip over. In fact, I bought Rick a big ole orange life ring and put the boat's name on it for his b-day--that and a shirt with a pirate looking logo that says "aquaholic" I thought that was funny. Consider this too--he had a court date today for his DUI and it was dismissed......so happy b-day present to him.

So, hope everyone's doing okay and I hope to be more alive and well tomorrow. Hasta la vista
Old 08-09-2006, 09:03 PM   #15  

Hey Noelle there was a weird post on that thread from way back. I think it was someone trying to push a product.

Not much going on here. It is really raining right now so I am just watching some tv.

Noelle I love the shirt. Where did you find that?

Sorry, I am so boring but I have done nothing all day so there is nothing to really talk about.