South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 05:58 AM   #1  

Default Gettin' FIT Friday!

Cawfee is a Percolatin' Tea's a Brewin' and Pop Tops are a Poppin'! Come n get yer Caffeine of choice!

We looked at about 6 properties yesterday.. and found 2 with possibilities.. Finally! At least something! So far we've looked at about 20.. So we're set to go see the 2 again on Saturday morning. Today running about doin this and that..

but as the topic says I will make time fer exercise! It must become part of my daily life!

Time to refill my cawfee mug and get a jump on the day!
Old 08-04-2006, 06:16 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The visuals of Schatzi jumping the day.......never mind! It sounds like you are narrowing down your search for property.

A busy day ahead today with two PA friends coming for coffee on the front porch this morning - a yearly tradition during their two weeks at the cottage. I have those darn pies to make for the sale tomorrow and a ton of cooking to help Liz and Moel with their party this weekend. Moel managed to knock off only five chickens so we will need more food. I am thinking of a roast turkey if I can find a fresh one. I may have to go kill one!

Later today I need to go to two visitations - two deaths in the village yesterday. The Hyper Pypers want to take me fishing tonight too! Who ever said life was boring and quiet in a small town!

"FIT Friday" suits, Schatzi. I'll be having a fit about 9 PM tonight if I don't get cracking! I did do some treadmill yesterday and will see if I can work in some more today.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:43 AM   #3  

Morning gals!

Wow, having to get out of bed and be somewhere in the morning has been kicking my butt! I was dozing on the couch by 8:30 last night. My 4 year old had to wake me up to go read her books.

Schatzi That is exciting that you have found some property that you are interested in. Good luck!

Ruth Wow- you are going to be beat by the time you go to bed today. Take it a bit easy if you can.

Me- It was ironic that Ruth mentioned yesterday that many of us struggled in July, b/c I actually did okay. It is the start of this month, when everyone is so motivated that I am eating stupid stuff. I need to go back to my "no eating after dinner" rule, because I have just been snacking on junk in the evenings. The sad part is that there isn't even anything all that good in my house! I don't buy crap for my kids and DH has been doing SBD along with me, so his one bag of chips hasn't made it into the house in weeks. I typically do great for all my meals, then the last couple of nights have slipped right back into some old habits. Grrr....

Anyhoo.... I will check in from work later. Have a super Friday all!
Old 08-04-2006, 06:48 AM   #4  
determined chick

S/C/G: 213/191/125

Height: 5'

Hey girls. I'm just getting up. Getting ready for work. *yawn*
I have to get going or I'll be late. So I'll come back and update later. I just wanted to drop in and say Good Morning.

Oh, one more thing...

***TGIF!!!***
Old 08-04-2006, 07:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

good morning girls! my day off and i'm at up 7:00. ug. I feel pumped and ready to go though. I'm going to my first body pump class today. Very excited and hoping I don't get too sore from it. Other than yoga I haven't attended a class in so long - it might be just what I need to get that exercise monster inside of me going again!!

Last night we made the portabella mushroom pizzas. I changed them a bit but only to add more veggies and tomato paste - they were incredible!!!! DF didn't want to eat them at first - he's not much for trying new things. He did and then ate my second one I can tell they will become a staple.

Schatzi - congratulations on the land! I know it has to feel nice to have options falling into place! You must have been all over the place looking at land!! I'm glad it's coming together. And exercise too - you're doing great to fit all of that into a day!

Ruth - front porch coffee sounds very nice. We have a back porch dog treat party at my house. The neighbors two dogs come over to say good morning every day and mine go out to greet them. I give out treats and they play for a bit - until the youngest gets snotty..then they go home. I'd rather have coffe on the front porch with friends though You seriously have a lot going on today!! Good luck with it all.

I have a lunch for girldfriend's birthday today, trip to farmer's market, tonight dinner with friends we haven't seen since our engagement party, tomorrow is work til 4 and then a pig pickin (they healthiest one you'll ever see - it's kind of funny actually all the varying salads that go with dinner), then Saturday friends from my office are coming over to begin socializing their puppy with my dogs. I have to make food for them but they're raw food eaters. (thus the big farmer's market trip). So we should be eating often but decently this weekend. I'll need some alone time by the end though!

okay, I'm rambling - better get hopping on my slack day Have a good one all!!
Old 08-04-2006, 08:14 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Everyone is up early today and sounding pretty chipper, must be because it's FRIDAY! For me it means the end of my vacation week, but I work next week and then have another week off when I'm actually going away! This has been the first summer that we haven't strayed far from home. The past few years I've been away most of the summer, but I'm enjoying just puttering around my old stomping grounds this year. This morning I have some errands to run and bills to pay, and I have to stop in to visit my parents, too. After that I'm going to just laze around the pool for the rest of the day. I'm also proud to report that I had a great OP day yesterday, finally!

SCHATZI ~ How exciting, to finally narrow your search down to two properties! Are you going to work with a builder to design your dream home on it? That sounds like a lot of fun!

RUTH ~ Your life is never dull, is it? Enjoy your morning coffee clatch catching up with your friends! Fishing tonight sounds like fun, too. I haven't been fishing in ages, but it was always so peaceful and relaxing. Don't forget to wear the mosquito repellant!

KIKO ~ Congratulations for getting yourself back on track and staying there! If you have to snack at night, try some veggies and dip or make a Peanut Butter Cup. (I should follow my own advice!)

INSPIRED ~ Good morning! Enjoy the last day of the work week!

LITTLEGRASSHOPPER ~ That's pretty cute, your doggies having their morning chat with their neighbors! Jake and I love the Portabella Pizzas, too, aren't they good?
Old 08-04-2006, 08:46 AM   #7  
Shrinking Mom

S/C/G: Goal Weight:127

Height: 5"

TGIF Everyone!!!!!

We made it through our first week of the new school year!
My 5 year old is acting out with a vengence when he gets home and at bed time.....I know changes.......

I am enjoying the quiet and having one on one time with the baby.

Today I am watching my neighbors 2 year old for a few hours. It should keep me on my toes but that is about all the excercise I get right now.
I did my Walk away the pounds 4 miles the other day.....but it is so hard to get motivated, plus most of the time I don't have 15 minutes of uninterupted time let alone an hour!

I know excuses, excuses

Small changes....I am not parking in the closest spot, and I walk to meet the boys at the bus stop.......

I am babbling
Have a great one!!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 09:12 AM   #8  
gotta lose it!

Morning everyone! It sounds like everyone is excited about it being Friday - I'm right there with ya! I have the weekend off (Hurray!) This weekend will be busy with wedding favors and a small scrapbook...and of course some chores.
I have to go exercise (I gotta get this weight off!) See you gals later!
Old 08-04-2006, 10:16 AM   #9  

Good Morning, everyone! Schatzi - did you have to say PopTarts? Ruth, where is that FRANKENFOOD yell? I love them but I don't keep them in the house anymore. They definitely tempt me and Brian would rather eat a healthy breakfast. Have fun with the exercise. I only managed 15 minutes on the treadmill yesterday before I had to fix dinner but that is better than nothing.

Ruth - I love to fish! We so seldom go. Usually it is with the Scouts and the noise seems to scare away all the fish. Just try to keep a bunch of boys quiet - IMPOSSIBLE!

Kiko - Those snacks can certainly get you. I plan a dessert in the evenings before we get Brian ready for bed and make that be the only eating after dinner. I need to buy more NSA fudgesickles though. He wanted a fudgesickle mixed with peanut butter last night for his dessert. I had SF chocolate pudding and we were both happy. You are making an adjustment going back to work and that does make it harder. Plus you are tired. You'll do fine since you are aware of the problem.

little grasshopper - I have got to try those portabella pizzas. I have been meaning to try them and never have. We typically do pita bread pizzas on Scout meeting nights and this might give me a healthier alternative (and I can still let Brian have his pita bread pizza at the same time).

cottage - Congrats on the OP day. Have a nice day relaxing at the pool!

my3bibs - Sounds like you are doing great with the first week of school. Brian starts the 14th and the August calendar is already so full with Scouts and REACH orientation and lots of other activities. But none this month interfere with my Saturday Powerflex class at the gym so I am happy! Can you take the baby out in a stroller and do some walking?

soon - Have fun exercising! I'll be at the gym after work myself.

Hi, inspired!

Me - Still OP and down another half pound today. I've been eating lots of veggies and smaller amounts of starches and watching my portions and it seems to be helping. I'm getting as much exercise as I can fit in too. Today I have to go to the Scout store and get a new leader shirt. I've got a friend who is just stating as a leader and I'm giving her my large and finally getting a medium. The large as been huge on me for awhile but it is such a pain to have to resew on all the patches that I've needed a good reason to do it. Since I am doing more district activities this year, it really is more important that the shirt look good too.

I've been swamped with work and getting scouting stuff ready for the year. I love being busy so this is great! I do hate sewing on all those patches though and mine has to be done before district Roundtable next week and then Brian's before the 21st. He's switching to the Webelo tan uniform so everything gets resewn too.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:25 AM   #10  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

Howdy from Idaho,, weather cool and I'm getting ready for a run. Hope you are all doing good. I'm not (with binges anyway) My stress reliever seems to be food. Quiet day planned today with housework, running and yoga. Need to get mentally healthier.

Soldier boy and dh are climbing MT Borah today, highest peak in Idaho, not sure how high, but it's up there.
I do have to go into work for a few hours, someone else called in sick, so I'm going to help out at noon or so.

Anyway, hugs to all.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:15 PM   #11  
SO Determined!

Height: 5'8"

Glad everyone is so happy about friday, made my day all that much better!! I survived everyone in my office ordering chinese and came home for a sensible SBD friendly lunch I had a scare earlier this week and gained 3 mysterious pounds, but two of them have gone away and I'm working on that third one as we speak. Going to the beach tomorrow if it doesn't rain...GOOD LUCK THIS WEEKEND everyone!!!

Old 08-04-2006, 12:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

sarahslacker - just thought I'd let you know I did the bodypump class today and it WAS a BLAST!! Not sure my shoulers are going to work when I get up tomorrow but I had a great time! Will definately go again.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:50 PM   #13  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

MIA for a couple of days,the heat was getting to me.We had a little relief this morning not as hot as its been. Didn't go out walking,but will remain the house and try to ride my stationary bike for 20 mins. Lost another pound,and I'm not feeling hungry anymore.Will change my ticker and Aug weight loss Goal on Monday.

Going to get some housework before it get too hot again

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Hugs BB
Old 08-04-2006, 02:22 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Grasshopper - I was totally going to ask you about that! Give it like 2 weeks and you'll get the hang of it! I'm already doing more weights this week than I was last week, and you can totally feel what a good overall total body workout it is!

Schatzi - Good luck finding a place! As a realtor and a recent first time home buyer, I know how stressful that can be!

So I'm headed to go camping tonight with just me, the BF and the dogs and I need some major prayers and willpower dust not to eat and drink too much! My weakness is chips and salsa so I either need to set a limit and stick with it or avoid them totally! And man it's so hard to hang out at the lake and not sip one too many... I will be strong...

Off to lunch, have a great day ladies!
Old 08-04-2006, 03:33 PM   #15  

Hey chickies, I just wanted to drop in and say hello! The weight's heading in the right direction after a few days of Phase 1 for me. I thought back over what I ate during the "bad times" AKA July -- and I didn't actually go too crazy! Still low-fat, but too much sugar and carbs. I guess that's really my downfall. That, and not knowing when to say ENOUGH!

Also, I wanted to let you know that on the way soon is a South Beach Diet Holidays and Parties Cookbook. I received a review copy in the mail today and it's full of yummy ideas (many v. similar to the recipes on 3FC. Methinks SBD's been peeking!) For your chicks that entertain, this'll be something terrific for you, I bet! It'll be out in October, I think.

I don't know where 3FC gets its diet and cookbook reviews, but maybe I could do one up on this book. It looks to have LOTS of Phase 1 ideas, which is great.

Have a great day and a nice weekend, everyone!
Closed Thread