Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 01:55 PM   #1  
You can do it!

S/C/G: 314.4/302/150

Height: 5' 7"

Default Question about daily points

Hey all, sorry of this has been asked before...

I am currently tracking my points, I'm allotted 31 a day, but often find that I don't eat that many. Last night I had a sizeable deficit. I was at 25. Well I popped myself a bag of popcorn (100 cal.), forced it down to make my points 27 for the day. I couldn't force myself to eat anything else. I've felt "icky" today, almost bloated feeling...course it's super hot here and that could be causing the general icky-ness.

Anyway, my question is...do I have to stick to my daily alotment of points or can I go less than that? Keep in mind I don't normally eat all of my points, but most days are closer to 30. Is this okay, or do I need to start fixing my schedule so I can eat more often?

Thanks for the input ladies!
Old 08-03-2006, 02:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

The points are there for you to use. If you drop too low, your body may think it is starving and go into a holding mode.
Maybe you could try to eat protein bars as a snack several times a day to boost your points.
Also, make sure you are eating well-balanced meals and having snacks several times a day. I eat three good meals and have 3 snacks a day. I have had a good weight loss since I've been on the program.
Old 08-03-2006, 03:03 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Hi!

If you're having a hard time getting all your points in maybe try eating some higher point foods to boost the number. For instance, instead of FF dressing, use regular dressing; instead of light or FF mayo, use regular. You really want to eat your Target--the program is designed for you to do that and lose weight.

Good luck on your weight loss journey!!
Old 08-03-2006, 04:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/176.6/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaL
Hi!

If you're having a hard time getting all your points in maybe try eating some higher point foods to boost the number. For instance, instead of FF dressing, use regular dressing; instead of light or FF mayo, use regular. You really want to eat your Target--the program is designed for you to do that and lose weight.

Good luck on your weight loss journey!!
agreed.
here are some tips that come to mind. Some are healthier than others, but they'll all get the job done.
For fruit have bananas instead of some of the lower points fruits.
For vegetables, corn and peas are higher points.
Also, several vegetables are higher points cooked than they are raw. (carrots and peas come to mind)
If it's late at night and you haven't finished your points, try something less filling and less efficient than popcorn. If you don't want to have junk for snacks, you could have things like: pretzels , bread, and (natural) peanut butter (maybe with apples or bananas)
Try cooking in oil (preferably heart healthy oil live olive or safflower) instead of using non-stick spray.
Try adding cheese to things or adding butter.
Get milk and milk products (yogurt, cottage cheese, etc.) with a higher fat content.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:44 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

If you follow the 8 Great Health Guidelines and one of the Points Pies it is hard not to get in all your daily points:

1) dairy - 4-6 points
2) healthy oils - 2 points

Right there is 6 - 8 points out of your 31...add healthy carbs, protein and veggies/fruits.

However it sounded like maybe you were/are sick and an occasionally day under your minimum won't hurt but consistently eating under the TargetPoints will slow your metabolism down.
Closed Thread