Old 08-01-2006, 11:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Default LAWL Losers and Friends - August 2006

New month, new resolve, chickies!

Here's to a few more POP days than last month. Vacations are wrapping up, and most of us will be back into a routine again.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:22 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Morning everybody! I'm with you Cassie, here's to a new month! We only have 2 months till the reunion, lets really blast away those pounds!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:23 PM   #3  
Princess Heather

ohhhhh Cassi I love your spirit! New month...new me! So far so good today. I didn't eat until just now..i know it's bad..but it's been a busy morning! School starts in two weeks.....and I'm not sure i want to go back..lol But until we close on our new house i have to be there!

NEW MONTH, NEW ME!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:34 PM   #4  

I thought you guys might like this for some motivation the next time you go grocery shopping. Every few weeks when I go with DH, when we hit the produce, I go over to the potatoes and start handing him bags that correspond to my weight loss. When I lost the first 10 pounds, I handed him the big bag and he was like, "WOW, I don't always see it because I see you every day, but that's cool." They also have 3 and 5 pound bags too. Last week when I hit 31 pounds, that was my 2 1/2 yr old DS weight. DH said I finally lost my baby weight (LOL).

Anyhoo, if you're feeling like hitting the chip aisle, hit the produce aisle instead, pick up a new fruit or veggie to try, and then pick up your lost weight in potatoes to hold for a few minutes. You will never want that back on your body again.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:13 PM   #5  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

Cassi, that is awesome! What a great idea! I carried a 50 pound sack of dog food into the shed the other day and I was all - I can't believe I was packing this much extra stuff around - all the time! That sack was HEAVY, man! The visuals like that are really helpful. I also have a graph that I update every Friday (my official weigh-day, in my mind) and keep on the fridge. It's nice to see that downward trend every time I think I need ice cream!

Lea Ann - so, do you get to wear gym clothes to work, or what? Could you rub it in a little more? I say, as I sit here, at work, in my jammies.....

Princess Heather - sorry 'bout your aches. Kids'll do that to ya! You are just soooo amazing - foster kids, and foster foster kids, foster respite care, and now running other people's kids around? Good golly miss molly! If they gave an amazing woman of the year award, you'd win, hands down.

Ok doke, guess I'd better go shower and then finish up my hockey jersey mess. I am just sick to my stomach - I got the jersey order confirmation from the company we ordered from in late June. I okayed it, and we got our order on Friday. WHAT WAS I THINKING????? I guess I didn't look at specifics, but the summary numbers matched up, so I was good to go. Well, I have waaaay to many small things, not enough big things and now have to pay to ship things back and probably a restocking fee (we're talking HUNDREDS of items here). Probably a $300 error for the hockey association. Yikes. I am just sick about it. I'm hoping I can get it resolved quietly and cheaply, but still.....
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 01:47 PM   #6  
"Print"cess Jenni

S/C/G: 247/226/149

Height: 5'6"

I know what you mean about the dog food! I carried a 17 pound bag about 5 aisles in walmart and about died! I can't wait to lose 17 and then try it again. At my WI yesterday it said I lost 1 pound, but that's weighing in a different outfit, and so this morning I got on the scale in my birthday suit, and I was down 4 pounds from the same type of weigh in last Friday morning. Which one do I count - the COD or home? I guess I'll wear the same outfit Friday to COD and see what their scale says.

Keep up the good spirits!
Hugs,
FlowerJenni1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:04 PM   #7  

Hooray for a new month!

Classes start, I get to meet my clinical teacher and my students, my friends are moving to Greenville, and I have a kitchen!!!

Mini goal: 10 pounds lost by September 1!!!
LindseyLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:27 PM   #8  
Katie

Well I finally decided to go show my face in my center since I have not been there in over a month. I was down 3 lbs from last time. The big news is that she measured me and I have lost....drumroll please.......27 inches total!!!! That made me feel so dang good. She also said that I should not be on blue, that red is really right where I ought to be, so I switched back. I saw a really good counselor named Dora. I would love to see her every time. Anyway, my goal with her was to split up my food so that I am eating every few hours throughout the day, and to get protein anytime I eat carbs. I promised to make it in once a week to weigh, come **** or high water! I am tired of gaining and losing the same 3 lbs. It is really time to buckle down and get serious. Throw some of that willpower dust my way, would you all?
Old 08-01-2006, 02:28 PM   #9  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Happy August! I really hope things get easier when school starts! I need the schedule in my life. Got the girls registered today, got some new T-shirts, and the blood donation went off without a hitch--I love getting "good pokers" LOL. Unfortunately, besides the free T-shirt we also got a box of girl scout cookies--yikes--better that last time when we got ice cream.

Lori--I don't even wanna hear it!! You lucky dog--geez--does it get any better? Bummer on the hockey deal--hope it all settles without too much heartache on your part. What a good mom you are.

Hello to everyone today--here's to a great month.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:31 PM   #10  
on LAWL

Katie--that's great. I am really focusing on the inches this next few months since I started the 90 exercise program. I want to get measured halfway in then again at the end. Since my scale refuses to cooperate I am gunning for the tape measure! I HAVE to go in weekly--I need the "fear factor" to keep me in line.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:34 PM   #11  
Katie

Hahaha, fear factor. I need that too!
Old 08-01-2006, 02:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 225/216/150

Height: 5'4

Default Newbie

HI everyone! This is my third day on LAWL. Lost 3 pounds on TO. I love the idea of checking in 3 times a week. Also, the fact that you all are here for support. I have about 75lbs to lose. Will be here for awhile but love the program so far.
startingovernow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:48 PM   #13  
on LAWL

welcome startingovernow--and good luck--you'll do great on this plan!
Old 08-01-2006, 02:52 PM   #14  

Welcome staringovernow. Just jump right in if you have any questions!

Katie - Congrats on the 3 lbs. I'm with Lea Ann. I need the fear factor too. But I still go 3 times a week. Every Mon, Wed & Fri at lunch during work. It helps me stay OP if I know another WI is tomorrow.

Lindsey - Glad the move went well!

Lori - So sorry about the hockey jerseys. That really sucks. Think of it as great training for next year's order!

Where is everyone else???

HeatherPP? Sherry? Evette? Joan? Erin? Debbie? And everyone else I've forgotten... Come out and play with us!
Old 08-01-2006, 04:30 PM   #15  
My 3 grandkids & myself

S/C/G: 228.4/191/145

Cassi I’m with you to a few more POP days this month. I’m been allowing myself to get way out of control and I need to focus back on why I want to lose weight. Great visual with having your spouses hold the same weight you’ve lost. I don’t think many of us realize how much the weight weighs when we lose it. Thanks.

HeatherP I can understand trying to get everything down and get your food in when your suspose to also. My trainers always on my behind because I don’t eat every couple of hours. Hope this week goes easier for you.

Lori I hope the company will be able to work with you and maybe cut you some kind of break. Good luck.

Jenni I usually weigh in the same clothes as I weigh in at the center. I usually see only a small amount difference from me weighing on my home scale in the morning to the evening scale at the center. I would suggest doing the same and see if the difference is closer together.

LindseyLea I’m sure you’ll be able to meet you goal. Good luck.

Katie congrats on losing 27 inches that’s great. I think we can all use more will power.

Lee Ann glad you blood donation went well. I think I would have left the cookies there

Startingovernow congrats on losing 3 lbs. Welcome.

Kristi I’m with you would rather ignore them then admit I’m doing poorly. Here’s to both or should I say all of us, gaining more motivation and keeping it. I’m also tried of bouncing back in the 190’s when I should have been in the 170’s by now. Hang in there is has to get better.
Gamababa3 is offline   Reply With Quote