Old 07-31-2006, 08:59 PM   #1  

Default New to LAWL

Hello, i've been reading the posts on here for about an hour and realized this is the perfect community for me. I just started LAWL yesterday (sunday) i'm finding the first two days to be torturous (i start the red plan tomorrow).. i dont like meat too much and they ran out of TO so they said to eat cantaloupe instead, which im not liking. plus im having caffeine withdrawals and am feeling nauseous.. i wait to get some carbs in me!!!!! Anyway, i have quite a bit of weight to lose, so i was wondering if you guys could tell me a little about your experiences, how much weight you've lost in what time period, etc. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!
miss bbcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:21 PM   #2  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hello! Welcome to the boards. Don't worry, you will feel better soon. You do go through some carb withdrawal, but the reason for TO is to get rid of those cravings. In a few days from now you are going to say "Holy cow, I feel so much better without all of those carbs!" Tons more energy, I promise. Take a look at the vegetarian protein section when you get your book. You should be able to find some things that you like. I have been on LAWL for 11 months, and I am down 64 lbs and 12 pant sizes. It is a great feeling. I have about 25 lbs to go, and it is much slower than in the beginning, but it is coming off slowly but surely. Good luck at your weigh in!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:40 PM   #3  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

BBCake - Welcome to LAWL. I cannot believe your COD was out of Take Off - I actually really enjoyed the juice and if you read the newbie thread, there are other options out there that others have used. I can't stand cantalope, so I would not have been a happy camper the first two days.
Plus, I was able to have 2 small cups of coffee during TO. I guess every center is a bit different.

But, hang in there...you're halfway home and Katie is correct -- Take Off will help with the carb cravings. The program is great and it works. Well, it works if you follow it!!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:25 AM   #4  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Welcome miss bbcake--it gets much better after the initial shock--I promise. The easiest way to handle so much of this is to plan, plan, plan. I usually put my whole day in my diary in the morning then I know exactly what I am doing. If I know we are eating out I put it in early so I can plan the rest of the day around it. Everyone is different so don't get hung up on the 2 lbs per week or you may get disappointed down the road. Depending on how much you have to lose you could lose more or less than that--whatever the case--stick with it. I lost about 30 between Christmas and the end of May and have just sort of held on throughout the summer (my own fault) and went from a 14 to a 10 in jeans. Good luck--you can do this--there are too many success stories around here to think it doesn't work.

Katie--HOLY COW!!! I had no idea. I knew you had lost the 64 pounds but 12 sizes?!? Are those single numbers like 18 to 6? Or doubles? I guess I count them in doubles (ie, I lost 2 sizes) so I am curious as to how others count them. That's amazing.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:59 AM   #5  
Pekochan

S/C/G: 199/180/140?135

Height: 5' 3"

Hi!!
Welcome! I'm on my 4th week of the program. I'm loving it, something finally "clicked." I know I'm all gung-ho.....but it's really working! I feel like the incredible shrinking woman!! I'm down 12 pounds!

I try to eat 3 meals with my lite bars and fruit in between as snacks. It helps to spread it out over the day to keep me from getting hungry.

I'm on the gold program. 2 P(4oz), 3 V(1/2 c. cooked/ 1 c. raw), 3 F, 2 S, 1 D, 1 F & 2 Lites. From what I gather some programs have larger portions of protein etc..

Take Off...we recently discussed replacing LAWL TO with Knudsen's Morning Blend Juice (avail. at Whole Foods for less than $4.00 - LAWL TO juice is $25!)

You can do it!!

"Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway."
Peko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 199/191/179

Height: 5' 5-1/2"

Welcome miss bbcake!
I've been on program for just over 4 months, and have only lost 20 pounds. The program works, if you follow it.
dolphn545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:24 AM   #7  
on LAWL

Sherry--not ONLY!!! 20 pounds is great!!
Old 08-01-2006, 10:37 AM   #8  

Lea Ann - Thanks. 20 pounds is great, and I have only myself to blame for not being further along! I should be at my halfway point by now. It's just too hard for me, when I'm home all the time. I was better POP when I was in school all day. Come September, the weight will start falling off again, I'm sure, but that just sets me back.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:07 AM   #9  

thanks for sharing guys! i already feel a little bit better today, i had an LA light first thing when i woke up and i feel soo much better than yesterday. I suppose its just going to take a little bit of getting used to. I already feel lighter though.. probably because im not bloated from over eating!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:16 AM   #10  
on LAWL

Sherry--if it's any consolation I should have gone to stabilization in May!! Again, my own fault, but I have enjoyed the summer and now it's time to get back on track. I am just happy I haven't gained more than 1-2 pounds. I really think it will be easier when school starts back up. You are doing great--just think where you started.

Miss bbcake--you will feel better each day as all the "bad" stuff leaves the body. I was shocked at how much better I felt--I didn't even realize I didn't feel great until I started this. I need a lot less sleep and I haven't had my nightly Rolaids since the first of the year!!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #11  

that would be so nice.. i sleep so much and feel exhausted during the day! I cant wait to have energy.. then i can start working out.. when you guys say you enjoyed the summer, does that mean you didnt follow your plan at all, or just not as strictly. I would like to have a free day every once in a while, i happen to love love love french fries!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Misss BB - Look at your carb cravers menu for a burger and fries option! Also, you can make some yummy baked fries at home with a potato and some spices and some pam spray. You will find your new favorite healthy foods becoming things you can't live without.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 12:06 PM   #13  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Lea Ann- I have gone from a 20 to an 8 in pants, also a size 2X to a size medium in tops and jammies.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:14 PM   #14  
on LAWL

Katie--whew--that makes me feel better! That is awesome by the way. I am pretty sure I will never wear an 8 in jeans!

miss bbcake--I was not POP throughout the summer--tried but didn't always care.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:08 PM   #15  

miss bbcake - I try too to stay POP for the summer, but it doesn't always work out that way. (Not enough willpower on my part). HOWEVER, one thing I have noticed, even if I'm not completely POP, my eating habits have, and are continuing, to change! I am more conscious about what I put into my mouth, I'm not eating junk food every day, I do try for the healthier options, sometimes unintentionally. It does get better and easier!

Part of my problem is not eating all of my food. Even though I know I need to eat it all in order to lose, I'm not that hungry in this heat, and therefore, have not been eating everything like I should.

Make sure you eat everything of all the groups, and you will be fine!