Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-31-2006, 10:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/165/120

Height: 5'2"

Default Post Vacation

Okay, I just went on vaca for a week to visit family and pick up my brother from basic training (The beret ceremony was AWESOME! It was very touching...it's really an experience to be on a military base and see any sort of celebration during a time of war. All of the drill/staff sergeants and officers have been overseas and fought in the last 12-18 months. You can really see it in their eyes...).

Drum roll...I maintained! I went away at 174 and weighed 174.8 after dinner today (I think the .8 was added with food and drink at dinner, so...) And I did no dieting whatsoever. I was in a car most of the time, I ate really poorly. Cake, cookies, fast food, pasta, candy...the only thing I did was not overeat. Happy not to have gained.

Back to the diet and exercise for me.
AmberKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:36 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Congratulations on maintaining your weight. WTG.

Last summer I had the privilige of attending my son's graduation from AIT at Ft. Leonardwood, Missouri. It was awesome. I taped the whole thing. It brought tears to my eyes. I had to be the proudest mother in the world. There is just nothing to compare it with. I was upset that I didn't get to see his graduation from Basic Training because I was in the hospital at the time. But, seeing this was so wonderful.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/165/120

Congratulations on your son! I come from a big military family, so it's a BIG deal! Did he enjoy AIT? We're trying to get my brother to go next year, but he wants to do the cadet school thing instead.
AmberKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:22 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

WTG on maintaining while on vacation, that is a hard thing to do!!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 12:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/204/170

Height: 5'6

I second MelodyL. That is almost impossible to do as far as I'm concerned! I gained like 3 pounds at my family reunion two weeks ago, and just today am I back down to where I was before. It's very frustrating to work hard and then sabotage yourself, and then have to work hard just to lose the same pounds you lost before! Congrats on not gaining. Some day I hope this will be me!
Allikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 05:24 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/180/115

congratulations on keeping it off!! that is awesome!! wtg!!
oliviaCAN is offline   Reply With Quote