It really depends on the restaurants and I also tend to give myself a little leeway when eating out. I know I can't be perfect but I can try to make good choices. My favorite restaurants include:
1) Local pizza chain that serves nonfat dough/sauce pizzas and plenty of veggie choices.
2) Baja Fresh - Burritos are good, also naked burrito is good as well.
3) Middle eastern restaurants - Hummus? Rice? Grilled meat? Grilled veggies? I love it.
4) Sandwich shops - unforunately the best sandwich shop I have is Panera. I would kill for a good deli near me but I haven't found one. Load up with whole grain breads and veggies, skip the mayo. They often also have salads that are good.
5) Red Robin - Ok I know it is a burger place BUT you can substitute fries for a small salad. They also have a cobb salad that is really good although you might want to be gentle on the bacon and blue cheese.
You can't out-exercise poor eating habits.