Old 07-19-2006, 04:26 PM   #1  
ThinNanaWannaBe

S/C/G: 343/338/160

Height: 5'8"

Question Newbie asking questions

Hello. I am hoping ya'll can help me understand this...

I am eating healthier, lighter, better, but not following any set plan or "diet". I have been logging my food on fitday.com and have noticed that the pie chart it generates shows 65% of my food today has been carbs. Is this good, or bad? And, what are the targets I should aim for? Also, is it possible to limit your carbs if you're on a diet limiting fat and calories also?

Seems to me you would be eating very little and have even fewer choices if you limited all three.

Any help is VERY appreciated. I'm trying to find the one that "clicks" for me.

Thanks
KimChi6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:30 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hi Kim, and welcome! Glad to have you here!

Since I too don't follow any specific plan but just eat healthful foods and exercise, I would not be the one to answer your questions. But hope you find the help you need soon!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 06:21 AM   #3  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Red face Welcome!!

Kim!!!

You've come to a great place for advice, support & encouragement!!

May I ask, are you doing Atkins? If so, have you read the book??

You CAN do this!!!

All the best to you!!

Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:13 AM   #4  
Baby Steps

Kim, not sure if there's a way to limit carbs AND fat. Carbs and calories I believe people have done, but not the fat. And depending on what you've eaten, it might be a matter of switching to a lower carbed product that'll help lower your carb intake for the day. JMO
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:10 PM   #5  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Kim, I started out strictly Atkins. I did add in some extra fruit and started cutting back on the butter, oil, and fatty dressings. I don't usually monitor my calories, but the few times I checked, they are 1400-1500 daily. I try to choose products that are sugar-free, low-carb and usually low-calorie as well. It's not a hard and fast rule for me. While I was still trying to lose, I kept my carbs at 20-25 grams daily. Now that I am on maintenance, I aim for 40 carbs a day.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:02 AM   #6  

It sounds like you might want to look into the Weight Watcher's Core plan, they have alot of info on this site....they are a lower carb eating plan, and they take into consideration the fat and fiber content of food. I am like lilybelle and tweaking my own lower carb plan with lots of fresh fruit, but steering away from flour and sugar and other white foods.

Highest weight 209#
Today's weight 156#
Idealperson is offline   Reply With Quote