Old 07-30-2006, 10:26 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Core Board #51

Brand new pages!

Now I'm wondering ... where is Froufy?
Old 07-30-2006, 10:55 PM   #2  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Here I am - was waiting for the nice clean pages to write on!

Sandra - BIG CONGRATS on your amazing loss - you go girl! Definitely leading the pack this time and we appreciate it!

Melissa - welcome back - hope you got all your errands and chores done!

Vickie - glad you got some pool time in - good for you! And I am so happy that the Lazyboy manager is taking your problem very seriously - I would expect nothing less - let us know when it arrives!

Kathy - sounds like you did great on your holiday and are back on track! I am very very impressed!

Angela - what a fun camping adventure - in the backyard - good idea - as now you know what you are dealing with. Hope your sinuses survived the mildewy tent.

So to catch up - friday night dh and I ended up going out to dinner w/the ds' (dd was out w/friends) to Red Lobster - while I was starving when I got there - I ordered the grilled shrimp skewers, baked potato and veggies - enjoyed my salad - but ate too many of those buns!

Saturday morning I had to go to synagogue - and barely made it there - took me too long to get ready! Then party time! Party was very successful - had about 12 people over - lots of fun. Ds loved his Cars theme cake with a Lightniing Mcqueen car on top of the cake - looked like a race way (and boy was everyone hesitant to eat that black 'asphalt' icing!).

I nibbled all afternoon - mostly veggies and fruit and dip - but yes my hand did meander into the chip bowl quite a bit too!!! And I very much enjoyed my piece of cake.

Dh and I went to a movie last night - and were very disciplined with no popcorn, pop - and just water - a new record for us! (altho dh did end up picking up a pizza on the way cuz he was starving!).

Almost forgot that TOM was just around the corner (remember I am now taking 3 cycles of bc pills - 63 days - so now get tom only every 3 months!). So while I feel a bit under the weather today - the eating frenzy is quite over!

Ended up going to sil's pool today (but first ran around with dd trying to find a bathing suit for her as she starts camp tomorrow - found swim shorts - but no luck with tankini!). Weather was glorious today - sunny with a lovely breeze - I got a bit of sun - then some swimming - altho I am not as good as Vickie - no 2 hours - and nothing vigorous but I did a few laps anyways.

Ended up having dinner there - steak, corn on the cob, pickles - all pretty core - except for the 1 chocolate chip cookie and milk I had before we left. Now doing laundry, preparing lunches for tomorrow and trying not to stress about work!

Did some cruise liquor shopping too - funny thing is my cruisemate - and I both (independently of each other and without knowledge) - went to the liquor store yesterday and both bought the SAME bottle/brand of gin to take with us (we have discovered a common fondness for gin and tonic w/limes!) - the only one that comes in a plastic bottle! - how funny is that? I also found the cutest single serving wines (comes in a teeny little four pack) that come in plastic bottles as well (screwtop) - very easy and light to pack! My dh is laughing hysterically as we are both very light drinkers but seems like we are turning into alcoholics? Did I forget to mention the daily drink specials as well? The martini of the day special every evening - the captain's welcome party and repeaters party both of which have free drinks all over the place? Like we need to bring anything on board? It's just part of the fun I guess?

Now that August is here - I also need to ramp up on my weight loss efforts! I really really need to lose some more weight before I travel! I keep envisiong that airline tray in front of me not being able to come down cuz my stomach is in the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frouf
Old 07-30-2006, 11:02 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

vickie, i was chocolate hungry today, too. i made some of those 1 pt brownies. i ate 2 of them.

kathy, thanks for the pages.

thank you, frouf. this is shocking, isn't it? that cake sounds amazing. i love birthday cake. well, i love about everything that has sugar in it. what movie did you see? that's a great nsv for not eating/drinking at the movie. i'm happy for you.

guess i'd best call it an evening. i'll be back tomorrow. let's all keep on keepin' on.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:05 PM   #4  

Frouf, you must remind us when your cruise is. And have you submitted the appropriate paperwork to request time off from the Core Board? You will want to do that asap -- in triplicate, please.

I'm glad little DS had a good party and it sounds like you did quite well with the eating! I hope things have improved at home with the tension between Emily and the rest of you.

I have just finished all of the laundry (six loads today!), cleaned up the kitchen after dinner, made our lunches for tomorrow, and will go to bed soon, I hope.

Nighty night to all!
Old 07-31-2006, 07:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Good morning,
The weekend was marvelous and now I've got to have a quick breakfast and go pick ds up at the airport. He's here for the pre-inspections and gets the keys tomorrow. BBL...
Old 07-31-2006, 08:41 AM   #6  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Here I am up and starving for breakfast already. I just realized that TOM is due.....not that it comes anymore. Funny thing is that I still have all the cravings and I seem to have all the other symptoms (hunger/bloat/crankiness) that come with it except for the actual TOM. I guess that's why I had to have chocolate last night and why the scale is up this morning. I'm proud that I only had a Core smoothie.

Jim has PT at noon. I'll be going to Target to buy a Batman plush doll for Ethan for his 3rd birthday. The party isn't until August 26th but I'm an early shopper. Plus, I'm afraid Target will sell out of them. For months now, every time he and my Niece go into Target he says he wants Batman and his "vewy own Weapster!". He couldn't be any cuter if he tried. The Niece already bought the Leapster so after I leave Target, I'm going to ToysRUs to buy him the Backyardigans leapster game. He loves the Backyardigans and it's a new game. I called ToysRUs and had them hold one for me until today. Then I'm done. I'll go to Dominicks for some fresh fruit afterwards and then go pick up Jim since he still isn't driving. All the fresh Illinois/Iowa/Michigan fruit has come in. Even when I'm not dieting, this is my favorite time of year.

I'm thinking about trying to use my vacuum sealer to save some fruit and corn in the freezer. I've never done it before. I'm assuming I have to blanch the corn (is it 2-3 minutes in boiling water and then a plunge in cold?). Someone here told me they freeze berries? Do I just wash them and freeze them when they are dry? I have a very cool vacuum sealer from QVC that will let me pulse the air out without crushing the fruit or corn.

Well, that's all that up with me. Now I'll go see what I missed with all of you.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:52 AM   #7  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, I'm SO glad the party was a great success! It doesn't sound like you were too bad and considering TOM you were not bad at all. Time to bear down now for your cruise. I certainly know what you mean about the tray table. Imagine how bad it is when you weigh 307 pounds and have most of your weight in the stomach! It really doesn't come down at all. I'm not travelling again until I'm down to about 225 or less. I think that's hysterical about you and your GF being on the same page. I hope that means your trip will be a huge fun success. What did Toronto GF ever decide to do?

Saundra, Welcome Home! We missed you and can't wait to hear about your weekend. It's hard to believe that DS gets the house tomorrow. How fun for you all!

Kathy, I did a lot of laundry yesterday too. I hope you got great rest and that you'll be really efficient today and all this week so that you don't have to work horrible hours.

Sandra, I don't remember the brownies. Were they from a mix? I could use the link for the recipe or for the site to buy them from. I'm craving something low point and chocolate.

Hey...I just realized we never heard from Niki. I guess the party completely wore her out!

I'm off to post on the menu thread.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:07 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Oh Yeah, and I'll be jumping in the pool as soon as we come home from errands. I'll be in there until it's time for me to go drive for dinner. I'll let Jim go in and get it so I don't have to show my pool hair!
Old 07-31-2006, 09:39 AM   #9  

Vickie, we freeze corn. I have to tell you, we tried freezing it on and off the cob last year, and the corn ON the cob did not work out well. It ended up quite squishy. This is how we do it. We buy bushels and bushels from the roadside stands when it's at it's best. Then we shuck it all, and then have several large pots of boiling water. We boil the ears for about 7-10 minutes I think, just enough to lightly cook it. Then we cool them off in icy water and when they're cool, we cut the corn off the cob. Then we scoop that into freezer bags, label, and toss in the freezer. It tastes great in January!

I am running alongside the wagon today. I'm working on portion control and good choices first, and then trying to go Core once I have that under control. I'm still not feeling all that great.

Time for me to vacuum...later!
Angela
Old 07-31-2006, 10:27 AM   #10  
Melissa

Hey gals! Don't have much time to catch up, but just wanted to say hi. I'm trying to avoid doing much work here today but I at least need to look busy.

Vickie, have fun in the pool today!
Kathy, I can't imagine not eating meat, but I sure do appreciate your values regarding the decision.
Sandra, yes, you can use a check. I don't mean to make anyone feel like they have to buy stuff from me! But of course if anyone wants to I wont' object. I hope you're having a good day.
Frouf, glad to hear that the party went well, and that your eating is going well too!!

OK I better run. Happy first day of August everyone!
Old 07-31-2006, 11:50 AM   #11  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well maybe I should have just stayed home? I hate Mondays!

Had to take dd to her camp/leadership training this morning - well trying to get her out of the house on time is a feat in itself - and of course I had a 9 am meeting to get to so I was quite frantic and screeching to say the least. Finally dropped her off around 8:35 am - zoomed like a maniac to work - only to find out I was not longer needed at the meeting (which was changed to another building!) - ya that's how my day started!

Then problem and mistake after mistake! Now trying to figure out our airline tickets (so where do I send my core board leave forms? in triplicate?) as we may change our departure - well now it seems our flight leaves a bit later - arriving Chicago at 1:40 with a connection at 2:15 pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't think this is reasonable? (Vickie - tell me I'm wrong!) - if anything goes wrong - we are basically stuck there for a while? (and we were already freaking out about our luggage getting lost). I know there is another flight out at 3:40 pm but that only gets us into Miami at 8 pm (instead of 6:30) which messes up our plans a bit - and makes for a VERY LATE DINNER! (we are so looking forward to eating at Bubba Gumps!). Have a call into the travel agent to confirm (meanwhile while checking all prices it seems the flight costs have DECREASED - how upsetting is that? Of course we probably can't cancel and rebook - too bad cuz we could save about $80 apiece!).

I am hungry - brought some frozen soup from my freezer but frankly want to get out of here - very emotional and cranky due to TOM - so I shall go to the nearest mall - maybe have a subway sandwich and shop around a bit? Have to be back for 1:30 meeting!!!!

Later,

Frouf
Old 07-31-2006, 12:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Holy crow, after just three days, it's so hard to keep up.

Sandra, CONGRATULATIONS on the wonderful loss. I can see your smile from ear to ear and it is much deserved. You are a true WW model. Oh, I saw lots of humming birds at the resort, and immediately thought of you.

Frouf, so glad that the party went well. Now, you have the cruise to focus on, what fun. I can't stand the humidity here today. I'm sure that it's not helping your mood.

Vickie, so glad that you're enjoying the pool. We really swam a lot on the weekend. The pool is situated on the top of a hill, overlooking a beautiful lake with a mountain across. We couldn't have asked for anything more beautiful. Congrats on the core smoothie, good for you! We are excited about the kids' move here, but it will be hectic for a while.

Kathy, doesn't take long to get back to the routine. You did great on your eating, that must feel good. I went off for the few days, but not crazy. I'm confident that I'll be down in a couple of days. (1.5 pounds) I made a batch of banana baked oatmeal already.

Melissa, you're such a sweetie. I love to hear your enthusiasm. I know that you'll be a great rep for PC. Have fun looking busy today.

The resort was absolutely beautiful. Our room was a suite with a huge king bedroom. We swam, went out on a kayak, a paddle boat and a pontoon. We went to the village across the lake twice. I bought a cool pair of jeans (size small) and a couple ot T's for the kids. We also saw a cool Latin group Saturday night. Next time, we book three nights.

Time to get ready for massage, and then the kid takes my car. Have a great day...
Old 07-31-2006, 01:19 PM   #13  
Another Tammy

Hi girls! I just wanted to say hello and let you know that I'm still plugging away. I know I haven't talked much but I don't want to butt into your conversations so I've just been lurking more. It's so nice to see the camraderie that you girls have, though.

I didn't weigh in last week (Mon) because I was out of town with my friends so I allowed myself to not be completely restricted, which of course brought with it baby shower foods, cake and Papa John's for dinner. It was SOOOO good and so worth it that I'm not guilting myself for allowing a day and a half of some unnatural foods. I deserve that every once in a while!

Anyhoo, I was back on track this past week and since my Wednesday dr. appt. (when I was at the same weight as the weigh the week before), I've lost 2.6 pounds! yay! That's 5.8 for my 3 weeks on Core so far! I so hope this loss, even if not as big, continues!

Thanks for helping me stay motivated!
Old 07-31-2006, 02:15 PM   #14  

Hey, no fair!! Come back!! We want you to join in ... there's no such thing as butting in with us because everyone's welcome! Congratulations on your loss and also on that VERY GOOD philosophy of treating yourself. I agree that there's no need to feel guilty about it at all!
Old 07-31-2006, 04:59 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

vickie, here's the website for the brownies. i don't have any more carb monitor brownie mixes so i'm using the lowest pt ones i can find. you may be able to find some rf brownie mixes in your area. we don't have them here. the original recipe i got didn't call for carb monitor. that was just me using them. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...t=49333&page=5

angela, sounds like you have a good plan. i can see you running alongside the wagon.

melissa, we'll give you an academy award. i got tickled at you're looking busy at work. makes me smile.

frouf, i hope you get your airline times that you want and have no glitches or lost luggage. i love bubba gumps. now i'm hungry.

thank you, saundra. i'm still working the plan and planning to work. you and bernie had a great time. i'm glad you had some hummers. aren't they neat?

congratulations on that great loss. that's impressive.

i go to w a in about an hour. i'm soooo ready for it. have a great, all.
Closed Thread