Old 07-30-2006, 02:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/239/145

Height: 5 "8"

Default Hello

Hello everyone. I would like to find some help from others to achieve my weightloss goal. Im so desperate for help, I have a bad habit of stress snacking and i bounce up and down like a yoyo because of it. Im hoping this board will give me the criticism and hardline I need.
Carman_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 03:08 PM   #2  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Hello and welcome Carman.

This is a fantastic and supportive board. I'm sure you'll like it here.
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 03:16 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Carman!!! I'm sure there's lots of folks willing to if you want. Just ask

Much luck and much strength as you begin your journey.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 03:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

This board is wonderful! I use it not only for support but learning tools to help me with my my own journey.

Don't treat dieting as a "all or nothing" plan. Treat it as a learning period to where you will learn to eat all things in moderation (instead of deprivation) and have while having more good nutrition than bad nutrition (though you can still enjoy these too). This should be a lifelong habit you are forming.

One great tool includes signing up for a free online journal such as www.fitday.com. There are more sites which you can learn by searching the forums or searching the web.

Whatever plan you pick, make sure it is something you can do forever. Personally I don't pick a specific plan. I identify more with calorie counters, but I also try to watch some of the other stuff and mostly I want a healthy diet without depriving myself of some of the sinful stuff I enjoy. Everything in moderation.

Portion control is an important word in any diet. It takes time to retrain ourselves to fit proper portions.

Snacks are okay. I eat 6 times a day, so I'm never feeling deprived. Pick good snacks. Have them around. Try to make the sinful things harder to get and farther between the times you get it.

One excercise you might try is to list obstacles/barriers you face in weight loss and then think of strategies to help yourself through it. For ex, I was a chocoholic. I wanted a candy bar every time I went to the grocery store. I could not turn down chocolate. It was my stress reliever. My strategy was to find acceptable chocolate alternatives. One alternative was 40 calorie fudgecicles. I ate ONE every night. Now its been a few weeks since I've had one. What are YOUR obstacles?

Make a master list. This list should include all the foods you are willing to eat that would fit a healthier model of eating (including your alternatives). Leave the bad stuff off. The more you put thought into this (maybe having basic food group categories, meal categories, or just foods themselves category), the more choices you will have when you go to the store. It will show you healthy is not limiting. It will remind you of other foods to eat when you start to feel stuck in a rut. It is a list that changes with time. You can add to it.

This is a learning experience. Learning can be challanging but it can also be FUN!
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Well we have a lot of contributors in common. I too am a stress eater and snacker. Unfortunately i am also an eat out of bordom person too...that seems to be my worst. I changed that habit a couple of years ago but i fell back into old patterns and gained most of it back...so here i am starting over yet again. I just have to learn to eat to live, not live to eat. I have to learn when i get bored, instead of looking through the fridge, i can take the dog on a walk. To spend quality time with the kids out of the house, i dont have to take them to their favorite place to eat, i can take them on a hike through the woods. I need a new mind set and hopefully being at this forum will remind me and encourge me to do that. I have seen so many success stories here. I am just inspired everytime i come here.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:11 PM   #6  
No Excuses/No Whining!

S/C/G: 333/263/185

Height: 5'7"

Welcome.. this group is wonder-ific.. glad to "meet" you
supernurse_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:42 AM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the board!!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I look forward to getting to know you.
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:37 PM   #9  

Thanks for the support. Its nice to have someone else who is going through what I am giong through. My husband is very supportive of me and my goal, now if I can just light a fire under his backside it would all be good. In time though. Guess it might not hurt for me to write down each day what I have to eat or drink. I have drunk tons of water today, if I keep drinking I think I could float the Titanic. BUt at least Im not eating like before, and hey isn't water good to drink on really hot days? I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for the words of encouragement, they really do mean alot to me.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:38 PM   #10  

Almost forgot...if anyone has yahoo or msn messanger, please feel free to add me, I am on the pc almost daily when I get home from work. Of all things,,,Im trying to lose weight and I work in a bakery/bread store
Old 08-02-2006, 09:30 AM   #11  
One pound at a time...

to the forum!
ChocLabLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 09:03 PM   #12  

Smile

thank you all for the wonderful welcome .