Old 07-27-2006, 08:40 PM   #1  
No Excuses/No Whining!

S/C/G: 333/263/185

Height: 5'7"

Default One of THOSE days :(

You ever have a day when just EVERYTHING is going wrong? Well, multiply it by a week... and thats been my life this last week! *sigh* I guess im just pretty much down in the dumps right now. REALLY wanting to eat something, and trying not to.. its just rough.

Work is going through a lot of changes, in the higher ups.. ive gotten a LOT more responsibility (which is great).. but.. they are working me to death.. I started this stretch with two 12hr days.. sat et sun.. mon i worked 10, tues i worked 10, wed i worked 12, today i did 10.. and my NEXT day off.. is NEXT THURSDAY!!!! a full 7 days from now.. so im just feeling.. *blah*

Oh.. and by the way.. can i mention that im a single mom of a 6 and 2 year old.. and im in school also.. *sigh*

When i get like i just want to curl up on the sofa with some soda, a candy bar and a huge bag of chips.. watch movies.. and ignore the world.. So.. im posting this to remind myself.. that.. I have come so far.. and dont want to screw it up now!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have...
*successfully given up caffiene.. as of last Friday.. so a whole week (hmm.. maybe this is why ive had a rough week!)
*lost 68 lbs since March of 05.. not the best.. but not too bad either..
*lost 20 lbs since May of 06..
*maintained a 4.0 GPA WHILE raising two kids and working full time....

I dont know why i get so down on myself.. im awesome!!!!!!!!!..

I just wish i could convince myself of it more often...

Can anyone else relate? and how do you get through it??
supernurse_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:16 PM   #2  
How does this thing work?

S/C/G: 250/221/150

Height: 5' 5"

Yes, you are awesome! How did you manage to accomplish all that?!

I had a major urge to cheat today. I just sort of put myself on auto-pilot. I ate only what I'd programmed myself to. :-)

Seriously, though, I hope you feel better soon. You have a lot going on, yet you manage to still do well somehow. Good for you!
Amany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 10:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I must say first GREAT JOB! I think things can get pretty rough at times, but the important thing is to think about what you will be giving up and what the consequences will be later. I am an ex smoker and everytime I get the urge I give myself a little talk. Lets see you have to small children that need you and you can't smoke in the house. So what would happen is you would have to wait for the kids naps and wait for hubby to get home from work before you could go out to smoke. That would be a lot of time for you to have to wait to have a cigarette. It would drive you crazy, etc. I have found this to be a very effective tool to keep me away from that. I am currently trying to find a speech that I can give myself when I want to have bad food. I think we have to treat this like an addiction. We have to stay away from bad food and for me I think I need to find myself a speech with all the negative things that bad food does for me. Anyway just one suggestion.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 02:51 AM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

I'm sorry that you have had such a rough week. I can totally relate, I went through nursing school as a single Mom while working as well and am now a divorced Mom of 3 and working and juggling everything at home as well, it's a lot to do, but it sounds like you are doing an awesome job. I think that just having the stress of having to do it all makes us feel like we aren't doing that great of a job even when we are. And I definately turn to food when I'm frustrated or many other emotions. Hang in there, wtg on all that you have accomplished and accomplish each and everyday, this week will pass and next week will be a new one!! ((HUGS))
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 08:11 AM   #5  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

You really are awesome. And the fact that you can ignore binge cravings in the face of all that makes you even more heroic. You're such an inspiration with your success so far, try to keep that in mind and you'll make it through this rough patch (and I hope they lighten up on you at work soon!).
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 10:56 AM   #6  
No description available.

Hang in there and hugs to you and your little ones. You will get through this stretch!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 11:51 AM   #7  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Honey, you've done great. You ARE awesome. I know you'll find the strength inside you to keep going. If you weren't already strong, how in heaven's name would you have gotten to where you are now. Hug yourself for me, because you deserve it.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 12:08 PM   #8  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

You are AWESOME. I know how stressful those 12 hr. shifts can be. What a tremendous toll it takes on your body. As an RN myself, I know that we want to take care of others. But, we sometimes have to decide to take care of our selves first. Do you really need the money to work that much? Many times I was a single mom with 2 kids and I would let my hospital make me feel obligated to work over-time. It took me many years to learn to say no, "find someone else". I worked my scheduled shifts and very little extra. I learned that the money was not as important as spending time with my kids. As someone so cleverly said before, "have you ever seen a tombstone that said, I wish I had spent more time at work?" Good luck to you and I know that you have a very full plate with the children , the job and school. Congratulations on the weight loss, that is fantastic.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 10:09 PM   #9  
No Excuses/No Whining!

S/C/G: 333/263/185

Height: 5'7"

awww.. .. thank you guys.. I know i haven't had time to post.. but just being able to read this has helped me thru the past few days.

My vacation is in exactly 11 days.. i cannot wait! a week and a half off of work.. im not even doing anything exciting.. just NOT going in

THanks again guys.. it just gets so hard sometimes when i get down on myself.. its nice to know others have that same thing going on too!!
supernurse_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:48 PM   #10  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I hope you have a wonderful vacation and get rested. Good luck. I noticed your 4.0 gradepoint. That is awesome.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:00 AM   #11  
oh to be this graceful

S/C/G: 293/270/160

Height: 5'9''

I can't imagine doing all that with kids but it sounds like you are the supernurse mommy. I wish you luck this week and yes it will pass. There was this phrase on my tae kwon do wall when I used to do that that said "IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME" the most powerful 10 , 2 letter words there are.
Anna, another nurse
flawlesscube is offline   Reply With Quote