Old 07-24-2006, 12:27 PM   #1  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Default Weekly Journal Buddy Thread (July 24 to July 30)

Dishy - you had a set back, it is ok. you might need to seek out strategies to avoid them in the future. I have a BF who won't let me buy things, his answer is "we have that at home" if I am tempted by something. I like it though.

On Friday, I did go have pizza for dinner. It was an eggplant, mushroom, tomato, spinach pizza. I also realized that on Friday I didn't eat any meat at all (a miracle for me). I am trying to cut down on meat and thus cut down on saturated fat.

I also went to Red Robin on saturday and had a cobb salad (didn't finish it) with a dab of their honey mustard dressing. I ate one piece of bread that came with it. Not the best choice but I do love their cobb salad

Today, the plan is the following:

Breakfast - ultimate meal shake with soy milk, kiwi and banana
Snack - yogurt/cottage cheese mix with 2 strawberries
Lunch - brown rice, turkey/chicken/mushroom burger patty, grilled yellow squash
Snack - carrots with hummus
Snack - black bean salad
Dinner - brown rice, broccoli and fish ?
Snack - piece of dark chocolate

How about you?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:05 PM   #2  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I had a bad weekend. It started off with a fish fry for dinner Friday night & went from there. Ice cream sundae (this was the half-the-fat ice cream of course!) here, pizza & hot wings there. Then a baby shower yesterday followed by an Italian feast.

This week is going to be difficult as I'm broke. We all know cheap eats aren't necessarily healthy ones. I'm still thinking I can do just fine though. Wish me luck!

today, so far:

2-4 starburst (i am allergic to the oil in these & gave the rest away.)

2 sticks reduced fat string cheese
1 serving low sodium triscuits.

mac and cheese & cheddar veggie burger

pretzels & southwestern ranch dip

puppy chow

I can't remember what I had for dinner Monday night. Possibly nothing.

Last edited by SuchAPrettyFace; 07-26-2006 at 12:38 PM.
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 02:13 PM   #3  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

It sucks being skint, SAPF. I love your positive attitude though! : to you.

It's great that you have something that works for you going on with your BF, nelie. I feel a bit sorry for my hubby because I'm so contrary. I'll want him to play the food police one day, and the next, I'll play war with him when he does! What I really need to do is take responsibility for my own choices.

I can't seem to shake this restless feeling.... When I'm out, I want to be in, and vice versa. I'll have to be really careful not to fill in this hole with poor food choices.

Hubby and I went to "A Taste of Edmonton" yesterday. I was prepared, having checked out the food on offer beforehand, but I was so chuffed with myself for not even checking out the wine tent, I celebrated with a couple of beers!

Yesterday's food:
  • Fruit shake (banana, blueberries, skimmed milk, strawberries, tofu, FF plain yogurt).
  • ½ cup black beans, ½ tin water-packed lo-so tuna, red cabbage, carrots, spinach.
  • Beef & Lemon Grass Skewer and Fresh Fruit Kebab. I also had a a few nibbles of some of hubby's choices: Butternut Squash & Maple Cream soup, Chicken Satay, Garlic Tomato Salad, and Potato Pancake.
  • 2 tins beer.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 12:38 PM   #4  

yesterday:

1 packet weight control oatmeal, cinnamon flavor
1 tsp peanut butter (last of the jar)
1 tsp clover honey

1 can healthy requests chicken noodle soup
1 light multigrain english muffin (8 grams fiber!!!)
1 tbsp smart balance light spread

6 triscuits
some pretzels
some southwestern ranch dip

puppy chow

1 packet ramen noodles.

my usual 2 gallons water
Old 07-26-2006, 12:42 PM   #5  

today:

2 sticks reduced fat string cheese
1 light multigrain english muffin
2 cups skim

I am going to give away the rest of the puppy chow tonight. I still have a little in another bag, but I'm going to try to be strong. There's nothing like free food that you did not have to cook.

Also I think I know how they "reduced" the fat in my string cheese--they give you a smaller amount!!! Same as the "reduced fat" parmesan cheese from Kraft--it's reduced fat b/c the serving size is smaller!!!

Tonight my mom is making zucchini casserole & I am going over there to watch a movie. I will pray for strength.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:19 AM   #6  
Made in England!

S/C/G: 260/260/169

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPF
Also I think I know how they "reduced" the fat in my string cheese--they give you a smaller amount!!! Same as the "reduced fat" parmesan cheese from Kraft--it's reduced fat b/c the serving size is smaller!!!
Yep. It's like those Lean Cuisine thingies. I always call them Mean Cuisines because they're so scanty in size.

And what the flip is Puppy Chow?!? Sounds like something you nick out of the dog's bowl!

Check this out:

I'm gnawing my fingers off here!

Last edited by DishyFishy; 07-27-2006 at 01:26 AM.
DishyFishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:02 PM   #7  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

I hope no one minds if I join in this thread. I'm trying to reduce my calories a bit and I find that I need to do more planning to be able to get them a little lower.

Today
Breakfast
Oatmeal with 1/4 c. evap fat free milk, splenda, cinnamon

Snack
12 bing cherries

Lunch
Grilled chicken
Serving of Parmesan Cabbage
Tomato

Snack
Plum
T. natural PB
2 oz. figs

Dinner
Broiled Parmesan Tilapia
Green Beans with bacon and mushrooms
Tomato
Mashed Cauliflower

Snack
c. sliced strawberries
2 T. whipped cream with splenda

Tomorrow
Breakfast

1 c. fat free yogurt
1/4 c. blueberries
1 c. strawberries
2 T. grape nuts

Snack
apricot

Lunch
Cabbage Rotel Casserole
Green Beans

Snack
12 Bing Cherries

Dinner
6 oz. Roasted Chicken w/homemade bbq sauce
Parmesan Cabbage
Tomato
Zucchini Crisps

Snack
1 c. canteloupe pieces
2 oz. figs
Sugar free fudgesicle
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 04:00 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Dishy - Congrats on the 4 days cig free. I do know how hard that can be. I have been quit now for 2 1/2 years and don't miss it most of the time anymore. It will get easier.
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:30 AM   #9  
DollyR

S/C/G: GW - 145

Height: 5'6"

I was looking at the Super Foods and I realised there is moderation needed if high calories are involved (as with everything.) I was surprised to see how many points or calories oats are. I figured they would not have as much fat but then I realized duh....some oils come from grains. I am going to check out the Quaker oatmeal when I get through this box of multigrain cereal.

When I get back to Korea, BF already knows we are going to be eating in a lot and making dinners until I can at least get down to 240. I have to actually make my first mini goal. I have been messing around for too long and kidding myself about eating more because I exercise. I need to make sure if I am eating more it is low calorie and high quality food.

One thing I can say for sure. I have lost my craving for sweets. I do n't get tempted by them when I see them in the supermarket. I know before I would be throwing in a couple of Godiva chocolate bars at the checkout.

I guess I needed to get all this off my chest.
DollyR is offline   Reply With Quote