South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 07:03 AM   #1  

Default Thursday Thoughts on the Beach!

Ding Ding Ding!!! Ring Ring Ring!!!! Time to get up Chicks and LaLurkers!!!!
I had one of my first deep sleeps in a long time..and the Cawfee is tastin mighty fine this morn...
Me and Gilad have our date, and I'll hit the dreadmill and watch Project Runway as I walk away the pounds. What's going on on yer towel?
Old 07-27-2006, 07:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Chick Chat

Good Morning!
I hope I have a bit of time before Carley wakes up. I can hear her moving around, so she'll be calling out for me before too long. I'm keeping her until Saturday so my DD and SIL can enjoy a little free time to themselves. It will be quite a juggling act with having Audrey and Maggie, too, but I'm going to have to manage.
Yesterday I had just finished a nice long chatty post in the morning, when all the sudden our power went out again. It was only out for a few minutes but I didn't have time to re-boot my computer before I had to leave for work. There weren't any storms in the area, so I don't know what was going on.
So today I'm picking up Audrey and Maggie and bringing them back here for the day. I think it will work out a lot easier than trying to keep up with Carley at their house, there's so much she can get into at their place, too, and they don't have baby gates for the stairs, either. This is going to be one pooped out Grandma by the end of the day!
Old 07-27-2006, 08:23 AM   #3  

Quick post this morning as I actually had to set the alarm and have somewhere to be.

Schatzi I like PRoject Runway too- I still get confused as to when the new episode is aired each week. It seems like it is shown so many times.

Cottage Have fun! You will definitely be worn out!

My ticker stayed the same this week as Thursday is my weigh in. I need to tighten up the reins as I have been cheating here and there.

More later- gotta get the girls dropped off and head to my meeting.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:30 AM   #4  

Morning Kiko~ the new one airs at 10 (Est) on Wednesday.. I've been hooked since the 1st season!

Just FYI ... MotherHen Ruth is Trey busy today at the Fair.. so don't fret! she will be back !
Old 07-27-2006, 08:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Morning all!

schatzi - I'm impressed that you can hang with gilad! Way to go!! Tomorrow morning I try my first body pump class. I'm excited and hoping I'm not too sore from it when it's all done

cottagebythesea - sounds like you're about to get lots of exercise running around. Hope it goes well!

I am off to the gym. I'm going to walk/run today. I realized yesterday just how much you need to rotate your cardio workout. Something that use to be very easy was suddenly hard because I haven't done it in a while. I'm hoping the treadmill will be nicer to my toe too. Making the md appointment for next week. I'm tired of being angry about my foot - the anger is more exhausting than the foot itself.

Long day today. I work until 8 tonight but I'm OFFFFFFFF tomorrow yippee!!!!!!! It's all mine!!!!! I hope you all have a wonderful and hunger/craving fee day!
Old 07-27-2006, 09:37 AM   #6  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies. I feel ashamed that I've even been lurking around here since I am totally off plan right now. We're in the process of moving into a new house--we close today--and thinks have just been psychotic. I am getting lots of exercising moving boxes, though! And I've been walking every day at work for about 1/2 an hour with a friend. Food hasn't been wretched, just not SBD. I solemnly promise to turn over a new leaf on Monday when we are settled in a bit!

I just signed up for this thing with 2 friends at work where we are buying food from a local organic farmer each week. So I get a big bunch of fresh veggies, legumes, fruit, and eggs, as well as some fresh meat (this week it's a whol chicken, fresh peppers, a few baby carrots and tomatoes, fresh corn, red potatoes, red onion, black-eyed peas, peaches, cantaloupe, and who knows what else is in there!). I think it will be great motivation for me to eat more fruit and veggies as well as learn new recipes and try new foods! I will keep you updated on the fun!!

Think about me today as we're closing on our house! I am a nervous wreck It's our first house so I am totally clueless. I wish I didn't have to be at work today and tomorrow but I have no vacation time! Happily today I get to leave at 11:30 for our closing.

OK, I am starving, might be time to hit the cafeteria for some cereal or some oatmeal. OR a fresh peach in this lovely cooler by my desk!!!

Jessie
Old 07-27-2006, 11:05 AM   #7  

Even though I was a bit rushed, I managed to get in 40 minutes at the gym yesterday. I'm WFH today and I'm thinking I might just try to do some treadmill during slow times. I'll have to see how the afternoon goes to see if I can make it to the gym. I'm making meatloaf for dinner with steamed broccoli and salad. Brian even asked me last night for a second bowl of salad.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:21 AM   #8  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

I LOVE Project Runway! I don't usually like reality television, (except for oldschool real world, before they all started sleeping with eachother - I am so old at 29) but I LOVE that show!

I was looking at my goals (weight-wise and time-wise) and I was wondering, would it be reasonble to hope to loose 1 2/3 (1.667) lbs a week on SB? On average of course, as I may loose more some, and less others, and I dread but accept that there will be platueas. It would be nice if I could be close to goal by the big 3-0.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Loren, I have Lost 7LBs in just 5 days on the South Beach Diet so it can be done.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:18 PM   #10  

over how many weeks Laoren?
Old 07-27-2006, 03:44 PM   #11  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

Schatzi: I would like to lose the next 50 lbs over 30 weeks. So an average loss of 1.6667 pounds per week.

Food Obsessed: I do expect the weight loss to slow down after Phase 1, so I don't think I can count on losing 7 lbs every week (like I did this week).
Old 07-27-2006, 08:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

I would love to hear the answer to this. I'd bet a lot has to do with exercise and food choices (i.e. making sure we get enough veggies and such). I need to measure myself now though because when I do stall I want to have that as an extra way to tell that I'm making progress1!
Closed Thread