Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 02:53 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #163 Bale of Turtles Going Swimmingly Well

We are the Turtle Group here at 3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Old 07-26-2006, 03:45 PM   #2  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Hi all...I'm sitting here enjoying the quiet...making cookies for the birthday party next week and just kickin back. ALl the kids are outside playing. Conner and Kyle are napping and my sister left me with all of them AGAIN! She's shopping and I'm the designated cookie maker.

All and all, its been a good day. I've been thinking about going to WW meetings. I'm so scared to meet other people. I'm about as shy as one person can get without being a total social phobic. How do I get over that hump??? I'm not sure if meetings are what I need but I do need to be held accountable for something.

Hi JUDY! Thanks for starting a new thread!

Chris
Old 07-26-2006, 09:09 PM   #3  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
Chris, don't worry about anything at a WW's mtg. Just go, you can always get a seat near the back, sit down and smile. It's fine to be shy, you don't have to talk or volunteer anything. The huge plus about WW's is the accountability at the scale. Each week you know you're going to be weighed in and for many people this "keeps them honest." It is something that can check a cheat and make people stop and think before they eat something.

Gee, I'm making it sound so good, maybe I'll get myself there soon.

Good luck to us all!
Judy Itry
Old 07-27-2006, 09:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Default Happy Thursday!

I agree with Judy, the meetings are a huge factor in accountability and the cheat factor... or lack of cheating, how ever you want to look at it.

Gloomy, rainy day here in Indy, no walking last night and tonight is doubtful. I guess I need to pull out my walk away the pounds CD and get moving in my livingroom.

Have to run!
Princess
Old 07-27-2006, 07:59 PM   #5  
Focus on the Process

Judy, wish you lived closer and you could drag my sorry butt into a meeting with you.

It is so hot here today. I just don't feel like even moving. YUCK!

Gonna go and find something for dinner. Not sure what or how to cook it. My kitchen is a disaster area. Our main drain line clogged up last night and its still clogged so I have 2 sinks full of dishes and a load full of dirty ones in the dishwasher, along with everything from under the sink spread out all over my floor and counters. Not what I'd call a condusive cooking environment. Maybe it will have to be fast food tonight.

Chris
Old 07-28-2006, 01:40 PM   #6  

Good morning Turtles. Today is a momentus day!

Today is my one year anniversary. It is one year since I started reclaiming myself, one year since we got home from our trip to England for my sister-in-law's wedding. At that wedding, in that culture, I had my size underscored in painful ways. Between the Minnesota wedding trip (July 4-July 11) and the England wedding trip (July 18-July 28) I realized that I HAD to do something about it. No matter how slowly I moved forward, I knew I never had the option of going back to careless, mindless eating.

Like a true Turtle, I moved slowly down my path. I started with WW Points. I had weeks where I stayed at just my daily points, weeks where I added just APs, weeks with APs and FPs, weeks where I just ate as I was hungry and counted no matter how high the number got...every variation of Points I could think of. Then I tried other stuff, all the time keeping careful notes about what worked for my body and what didn't.

And that brings me to now! I have established that my body loooooves protein, and can 'handle' any protein food I give it. I love veggies. Fruits, not so much--pineapple is my favorite, but most fruits just don't 'do' it for me. My body hates, hates, HATES white flour foods and sugar. I know it's a cliche, but it's true for my body. I get sleepy and headachy almost immediately when I have a meal that is either exclusively or mostly that sort of food (pasta, pizza, sandwiches, Asian noodle dishes). The difference between being "full" with a meat&veg meal and "full" (which I never really am) with a carb-y sweet meal is astounding! I feel quite confident that I know what my body needs and how to help it thrive.

So! A year's worth of results: my weight today is 254.5, down from 294. So I'm down 39.5 pounds for the year! The change is not fast by any means, but I feel confident that I've learned so much that I can keep it off without much struggle.

This picture is a bit hard to judge, I know, because the poses and the lighting are off. Hubby's going to help me with another picture later, but for now this is what I have. The picture on the left is "before", at the Minnesota wedding. On the right is "after", taken yesterday. Not a dramatic difference by any means, but the dress feels so loose on! It was custom tailored and it fit well, for that body. Now it definitely doesn't! If I move any amount in it it gets obscene pretty fast, actually...I spared you all THOSE pictures.

http://www.soulshaven.f2s.com/images..._and_after.jpg

So this is me, at my one-year point.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:28 PM   #7  
Turtle Extraordinaire

CONGRATULATIONS, MOUSIE!!!!

An entire year -- I am SO impressed! You're really an inspiration to me today.

The weight loss in your picture is definitely noticeable; way to go! (Beautiful dress, by the way; you look lovely in your "larger" photo, too.)
Old 07-28-2006, 03:40 PM   #8  

Hi everyone! I just started back on WW, and have been posting on the general board...thought maybe I would post here as well!

My name is Paige, I'm a 26 yr old stay at home mom to two little girls, Emily (4yrs) and Cameron (1 1/2 yrs.) I am also a culinary student, double majoring in pastry arts and pro chef. If that weren't enough, I also have a little side business making cakes and other baked goods. I have a hard time controlling my weight as it is, so being around food all the time makes it that much harder. This week has been especially tough! I had a bride come to do a tasting on Wednesday, so I made a small version of their wedding cake, and I have a huge anniversary cake due tomorrow. I have done pretty well, though...my official WI isn't until Sunday, and I've already lost 4lbs!
DH is doing WW with me; he looks like he's already lost a ton this week...figures!!!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!!!!
Old 07-28-2006, 08:04 PM   #9  
Focus on the Process

Mousie...You can definitely tell a diffference. You are doing awesome. I wish I was doing as good as you. I guess I should just stop wishing and pouting and WORK!

Hey Paige! I'm back on WW too. This is my 4th week on it (?). I"m struggling still but I'll get a grip on it sooner or later.

Hi to the rest of you turtle girls. Gotta go work on the dishes in the tub. How gross! DH still is trying to get the main drain unplugged. That is his job for the evening. Hopefully we'll have a sink that drains when its supposed to in a couple hours.

Chris
Old 07-29-2006, 08:40 AM   #10  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
to Paige. I think you'll like it here. Reading about Mousie has to make everyone feel good!

Mousie,

:
Oh my goodness!!!! You certainly have done it. I loved reading your account
of this year's journey You were willing to experiment, but kept your eye on what you knew would be the way to win. Oh wow! You look beautiful in both your pictures. What I can think about most is how young you are and how this understanding how you lose weight and doing it will affect your entire life. Fabulous. Thanks for sharing the photos and the words about your anniversary and continued best wishes to you.

To everyone,
Mousie didn't whine and she didn't complain throughout this year. When things weren't spiffy it seems to me that that was when she made a change and experimented again. Her exercise and eating worked even though this wasn't an "easy" year for her. I think I'm typing this because I realize that no year is "easy" for us. It's up to us to kick it in gear, learn the things that work for us, and keep on doing them. I bet there's not a person among us who wouldn't be thrilled with a 40# weight loss and Mousie went and did it.
Yay~you're an inspiration.

(Lauren, so glad you had a chance to see how Mousie has done. The internet is wonderful.)

All going well here. I'm trying to incorporate Flylady menu mailers into WW's with varied success, but now I am going to switch it around and use WW's Core as my plan and incorporate some of Flylady's recipes into that and simply count the extras as my 35 points.

Take care, be inspired by Mousie's success, and have a great weekend.
Love,
Judy
234.6/215/thinner into onederland
Old 07-29-2006, 02:06 PM   #11  
Focus on the Process

Judy, I had no idea flylady had recipes. I thought she was just like the cleaning guru we should all bow down to and incorporate into our households. Where does she have recipes?????

The sink is unplugged...Halleluah! I got to do dishes last night. Get the kitchen cleaned up and we got the secondary mess in the laundry room cleaned up so that I could get back to my laundry. We had to go through the drain in the laundry room to unplug the kitchen. What a mess! I'm glad its all working now and we didn't have to call a plumber. Woo HOOOoo!

Today I'm doing fine! I've used 6 pts up so far and haven't really had an urge to snack so I feel somewhat more in control. I need to get my hubby to get the lose connection in the tv downstairs repaired so that I can do my exercising. I got a new bellydancing dvd that I've been just dying to try out but no tv to do it with.

Okay..the kids are teary eyed, and getting cranky. It's lunchtime and I need to feed my hungry troops.

Have a great afternoon, and I'll see what you all are up to later on.

Chris
Old 07-29-2006, 02:07 PM   #12  

Welcome to the Turtles, Paige! Jump on in whenever you want, we're always listening.

Lauren and Ariana--thank you so much for your kind thoughts. I was looking forward to coming and telling the Turtles the most.

Judy, thank you sooo much for everything you had to say. I tried to always be upbeat, and look ahead rather than getting mired in where I was at the time. I'm flattered that you were/are inspired by me.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:29 PM   #13  
Chick

Mousie,
Right back at you! And congrats again.

Chris,
The reason I mention Flylady is because she has simple solutions to lots of things and I love her attitude where she says we are never behind. Just jump in and don't worry about catching up. As far as recipes, she has a link to Leanne who offers menus and recipes in a very organized manner. She offers menus for the week with a grocery list. The recipes are easy and good tasting. There is a way to check out the recipes for free and if you want to subscribe, you can get a 3month subscription. So, it works for me and it's just another way to go. I love my WW';s and will never give it up, but I had gotten into a "food slump" where nothing was appealing and I was hunting all the time. I tried Flylady's with limited success, but I think I'm on the right track.

Everybody have a great weekend and again for Mousie.
Judy
Old 07-29-2006, 08:08 PM   #14  
Focus on the Process

Judy, I was a flybaby before and I haven't been on there forever. I checked out Leanne's recipes. My husband said I could subscribe if I wanted. I'm like you...getting sick of eating the same ol stuff. What menu do you use mostly? I looked at the regular, bodyclutter, and the SH ones. BUt what the heck is Southern Hemisphere cooking?????

Chris
Old 07-30-2006, 02:37 PM   #15  
Chick

Dear Chris,
I use the body clutter one, and have no idea what southern hemisphere cooking is--my guess is that it's good ole' southern cooking. Maybe you could look at the description and see what Leanne says.

All goes well here. Very hot, but okay. Having a relaxing day.
Judy
Closed Thread