Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 12:15 PM   #1  

Wink Home of the Loozing Floozies, #84

WELCOME TO THE LOOZING FLOOZIES FORUM!!!

WHETHER YOU'RE A LURKER OR A "FULL-FLEDGED FLOOZIE" YOU'RE MORE THAN WELCOME TO BE A PART OF OUR FAMILY DISCUSSIONS!

OUR #1 GOAL IS TO PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR WEIGHT LOSS, MAINTAINANCE AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. MORE IMPORTANTLY, THOUGH, WE ARE HERE FOR EACH OTHER, TO CELEBRATE, CRY OR HUG (OR OCCASIONALLY SHARE A NICE GLASS OF CHILLED WINE--COURTESY GAYLE--AND A PINT OF ICE CREAM--ALSO COURTESY GAYLE--AND A BEAUTIFUL FLORAL PAINTING, MAYBE ON A TIOLET LID--ALSO COURTESY GAYLE. . . .HMMM. . . . I'M SEEING A THEME HERE!)

BUT ALAS, BACK TO THE INTRODUCTION, AS AN ADDED INCENTIVE TO LURE YOU INTO OUR FOLD--JOIN US AND WE'LL INTRODUCE YOU TO THE ONLY PRINCESS AT 3FC!

AND, AS ALWAYS, BE SURE TO GO BACK TO THREAD #83 AND CATCH UP ON WHAT'S BEEN HAPPENING!

LET'S KEEP THOSE FLOOZIES LOSING!!!!
Old 07-26-2006, 01:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 255.5/235.5/160

Height: 5"8"

Hi All,
Hope the birthday party is a success.

Well I guess I should start by saying I am a little ,,,no alot down today. I know I should be grateful I didn't gain this week, but I lost only a pound. I wouldn't be upset if I had gone over my points, but I haven't, not once. I did talk to my doctor's nurse today and she said my latest blood work shows my throid is still over-active. I am going up , rather then down. It was 29 last time they checked and was 36 this time. My doctor says 0 to 4 is normal, and she wants me to go in and have it checked again on the 1st of Aug. She did say one thing that made sense,,,,if I hadn't been truthful to weight watchers, I might have gained more. Gosh I guess I should be greatful for small losses.
Okay I will keep going, but trust me it's hard, but enough complaining..
How is everyone doing? I listed my home with a new Real Estate office yesterday and dropped the price$10,000 in hopes that it will sell fast. Later All
Old 07-26-2006, 02:42 PM   #3  

Chikita,

Don't worry about only losing one pound!! One pound is GREAT--especially with thyroid problems and trying to get your meds straight. Stick to WW even if you feel like it's no use--you will pull through!

We're here for you, Cheryl
Old 07-26-2006, 02:55 PM   #4  

Chris the party sounds like a blast. The kids are lucky to have someone so creative.

Gayle a tatoo??? What is it going to be? They aren't that popular here, more the belly rings. Ashley has a butterfly on here shoulder. Jay bought it for her for one of their anniversaries.

Shelley you will be able to run. It hasn't been six weeks yet. Give it time. I was talking to someone that has the same thing as you do, she said that one of the stretches that she does morning and night is to hang her heals off the steps for 90 seconds. She said that it really helped.
By the way you are the Exercise Queen and I will be the "Exercise Princess".lol

Janice you are doing great. It is so hard to lose a few pounds when you are so close to goal.

1oldbutterball sorry to hear that you are down. One pound is a great success. Go to the fridge and take one pound of butter out. That is a whole lot. You did well and maybe next week it will be more.

Cheryl thanks for keeping our threads going. Your intro is just too funny. I love it.

Well my hair is still dripping wet from swimming my laps at the pool. I have to jump back in the shower and wash my hair. I forgot my cosmetic bag when. Then I will be having a little siesta and a swim in my pool. Tonight Larry and Dez are going to the ball game so I will go to aquafit to catch up with everyone.

Enjoy your summer day.

Last edited by Deelite; 07-26-2006 at 03:02 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:58 PM   #5  

Oh yeah Shelley you asked about Dezzie's bum......it has healed up nicely minus a big scar but hopefully nobodys looking at that. Poor kid her hamster died on monday. She thinks that everything is dying around her. She had a service for it last night with her friends.....lol Just to funny, thankful she didn't ask me to go.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:05 AM   #6  

Monica-1 lb is great! As long as you stay OP, things will fall into place. I thought an over active thyroid meant that it makes you lose weight. Is it the other way around? Anyway, good luck on getting everything straightened out.

Cheryl-Your intro is too funny! Our Gayle is quite the all around Chickie!!

Dee-Glad you could stop your swimming long enough to check in and say Hi! My sympathies to Dez.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:37 AM   #7  
Shooting Star

S/C/G: 166/160.2/131

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Floozies!

Dee- sorry about the loss of the hamster, we just had a funeral with full honors for a feral rat found by the dog... even a little cross in my courtyard. Kids are so funny!

Monica- I am on a plateau so I understand your frustration. We will get through this!

I have insomnia and have not slept all night. My husband returns from the ship (Navy) tomorrow, now today and I am freaking out because of all the little things around the house I need to do before he gets here. Not sure why I put them off and tinkered on the computer all day...

I need to work on my procrastination issues!
Old 07-27-2006, 09:18 AM   #8  
Losing it!

Stella, how long has hubby been away? I didn't realize he had been gone.

Monica, 1 pound is GREAT! Stay motivated and you will see results. Also, with exercise, you will be toning and not show a weekly weight loss on the scale. Shelley bikes and runs miles on end and some weeks she is up with her weight but I bet she was one toned & lean little mama.

Cheryl, you are too funny! Hmmm....funny how when you think of me it is wine & ice cream! Oh, I'm getting a vision.....how about a wine float instead of a rootbeer float???? Sound yummy????

Dee, once I decide for sure, I'll email a pic to you. I want to get one, but I am going to take my sweetie Shelley's advice and really think long & hard about it. Tell Dez I am sending my sympathy over the loss of her little buddy.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:20 AM   #9  
Losing it!

Meant to say Shelley IS, not was...

Monica, Dee is another example. She exercises throughout the day and watches her points like crazy and she has some weeks with no loss/gain.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 255.5/235.5/160

Height: 5"8"

Good Morning all,
Thanks all of you fo the support. I needed it yesterday!!!! Today is a new day and I will not give up.

Shelley are you doing stretches for your foot. There are some great ones even when you are sitting. I have a friend that does them watching TV.
Dee you remind me of one of my daughters, and her name is Deirdre and goes by Dee. She is always working out at the gym, pool, tennis courts,,, but unlike you she PG and due Sept 1st. Makes me tired listening to all she does.

Cheryl you are so funny and thanks for support and keeping this site going.

HD I let things go too but I think I work better under pressure. Relax and enjoy your husband while he's home. The work will get done later.
Well I am off to trim the yard before it rains, THANKS ALL we will all make it!!!
Old 07-27-2006, 05:18 PM   #11  

Gayle-It is WAS!!! The wine float sounds devine!!

Today was such a whirlwind at school. All the teachers are back in full force, so the principal is her feisty self. Whoa!! My name was being called all day long between the teachers, the AP, the principal, and the custodians!! Why do I let myself get involved in every aspect of the school? The only thing I don't do is teach or work the lunchroom. When school starts I am going to be working 3 days a week from 7-6. I'll be the bookkeeper from 7-3, then co-director of daycare from 3-6. It will be worth it once the money starts rolling in. I need to make those payments on Becky's new car. Maybe I'll be able to squirrel enough away to buy the bike I want. Enough about me.

Stella-Hope your DH made it home okay.

Monica-I do stretches sometimes for my foot. I really should do more. I'm glad you are feeling up today.

I'm going to lay down and watch my recording of Days now. Have a great night!
Old 07-27-2006, 08:43 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 211/180/140

Shelley, I am a big Days Fan too! I have watched since day one with my Mom!

WW tonight and I lost a pound! So finally back on the losing track!
Very hot here and I can't wait for AC's to be delivered, probably tomorrow! I really hope so!

Gayle, I think that wine float sounds great!

Dee good to see you back around!

Stella, hope DH is home safe and sound!

And Hi to anyone else I am missing!! Now off to cool down and read before bed. Didn't sleep last night so very tired today!
Old 07-27-2006, 10:03 PM   #13  
In it for life!

Hi Everybody,

Haven't checked in lately. Too much going on and keeps me off the computer. Been down in the dumps lately and haven't felt like getting online.

Anyways, I weighed in tonight and was down 1.6 pounds! So glad about that.

Keep up the good work everybody!
Old 07-28-2006, 01:30 AM   #14  
Losing it!

WHOO-HOO to the losers! GREAT JOB!

Cheryl & Shelley are going to keep you girls in line while I'm gone. I would assign Dee, but she is too busy as the princess. SMILES! Staying with business friends tomorrow night then on to see Sylvia on Saturday. The wife of the guy Steve works with likes Sylvia too, so we will be going together. We are probably going to take in a comedy club Sat night. I will be back Monday! LOVE & HUGS TO ALL! Stay out of trouble, keep on lose'n!!!
Old 07-28-2006, 06:40 AM   #15  

Please pray for my family. My dad had a mini stroke last night. They kept him overnight and I am at my mom's right now. My phone wasn't working-I didn't even know it. She tried to call me quite a few times. My cell was in my purse and I didn't hear it ring. By the time I finally heard it, he was able to talk. We rushed over to the house and took him to the ER. This was at 7 last night. By midnight, they finally put him in a room. My mom is a mess. I am going to take her to the hospital, then probably go to work for a bit and then go back. She doesn't drive. She didn't call 911, because she didn't know what to do. I am so scared.
Closed Thread