Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-25-2006, 01:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/199/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Anyone tried "Diet to Your Door"?

Hi ... this is my first post! I'm about 218 lbs. and horribly distressed about it and ready to take drastic measures. I'm considering trying prepared frozen foods for a couple of weeks and Diet to Your Door sounds like the most delicious, although probably too expensive for my budget. However, I buy vegetables and let them rot in the fridge and eat at restaurants way too often, so why not invest in healthy food to get me started?

I've read one of the web owner's reviews (Jennifer?), but want to know if anyone else has tried it. Or can you recommend other "to your door" type diets such as Seattle Sutton?

I'm anxious for some support and encouragement. Just looking at your before and after pictures really inspires me. Here's to will power and meeting our goals! Have a great day.

Joan in Indianapolis
heritagephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:30 PM   #2  
it's always something

Joan, we've had a few people here that have tried DTYD and were happy, but none used it more than a few weeks. We have a lot of members doing Jenny Craig and the general response has been that the frozen JC Dinners are good, but their 'shelf stable' dinners are closer to Nutrisystem in quality.

I've heard good things about Seattle Sutton, and they now offer nationwide service. If you do try them, please let me know what you think
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:05 PM   #3  
LLV

What happened to the posts that were inside this thread?

Editing to say never mind, I think I know why.

You can delete this too if you want.

Last edited by LLV; 07-26-2006 at 04:14 PM.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:43 PM   #4  
it's always something

Hi Linda Yes, the thread had taken a direction that was completely unrelated to the original posters question. So we moved it here, where it was more appropriate, and hopefully Joan will get the response she was looking for.

Thanks
Old 07-26-2006, 04:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 215/199/150

Height: 5'6"

Hmmm...I'm not sure what happened to the several other messages in this thread. Is a censor lurking about?

With a very busy schedule, plus I'm not very fond of cooking, I think Diets to Your Door is a good option. I'm going to try it for two weeks, and will let you know how it tastes. Someone else suggested another option...maybe E-Diets? Please post again since your suggestion disappeared.

Someone else suggested just teaching myself good habits, but if that were so easy I wouldn't be this heavy! I think we all *know* the good habits, it's consistently implementing them that's the hard part. If I pay $100 per week for balanced meals, I think I'm less likely to cheat during that time. And then (hopefully) the 5 or so pounds lost will boost my confidence to continue.

Joan
Reason #47 to lose weight:
To never again have to wriggle on the bed trying to fit into a Spanx girdle.
heritagephoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:45 PM   #6  
it's always something

It was me, I mentioned that I had heard good things about eDiets Express since it was fresh. It's a pretty new service, so there hasn't been a lot of feedback yet. We have a member here that doesn't post often, but has given us regular updates on her experience with eDiets Express and she's losing weight Visit her profile at http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/member.php?u=51997 and click "View all posts by this member" and you can read her comments so far.

Hope that helps