Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-23-2006, 10:55 PM   #1  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Talking Kiwi looking for buddies

Hiya everyone

Im in New Zealand and have just started my new weightloss regime .. I have joined Jenny Craig ... which I did over a decade ago but for personal reasons never completed (silly me!).

Im still getting used to thinking in Pounds cos over here we work in kilos lol .. but it looks better in a way in pounds .. makes me look bigger, but then it looks like you lose more lol ... Im 5'9" and over 300 pounds!! I have weighed more before, but really dont want to go back to that! NZ sizes are a lot different than US ones but a good size over here is 12-16, and my goal is to get down to at least the 16 (that is 10 sizes as Im a 26). So Im almost looking to lose a whole person here, and that is a really daunting thought.

I spend a lot of time online, but have set myself workout times, and my goal for the summer is to go to pool or beach with my family for the first time in about 7 years! At the moment I feel way to self conscious to go anywhere near having to wear a swimsuit, but I miss swimming cos it was a favourite activity for me.

Sooo .. if there is anyone out there that wants to buddy up with me .. please do Im a good listener and will give as much support as I can .. sometimes I dont have much to say about myself, but Im always willing to bolster up someones self esteem or make them see the funny side of things

Huggies all!
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:34 PM   #2  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hi nightkatt..

I think I saw you post over in the 300+ group so that's a good place to start

Welcome to the board and you _can_ do it. I am 4 weeks in now myself. It just takes a week or 2 to get groovin and away you go!

Everyone here is really friendly so if you need any help or support, let us know!

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

I don't belive it another Kiwi. Welcome to the site.Not many of us in here .....I have been in here before but went off the net when my son came home from over seas, they are great people. Know what you mean about the togs and stuff never get into them if I can help it. And then only with shorts on. I am 86kg and hoping to get down to 70. Seem to be stuck at the moment. Going nowhere fast lol.Have tried GC, but found it cost too much, have done WW many times, now am just winging it by myself, joined the local council gyms which is fun. Not losing, but seem to be sucking it in a bit, tape measure looks good. Have got some good sites and weight charts in here but take some finding aany way have too go to work Let me know how you are doing.
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:56 PM   #4  
Trying again

Default Shocker!!

OMG . I dont think I have ever been a member of a site that had another kiwi on it!! rofl .. was starting to think kiwis didnt surf out of NZ rofl

Hey, not too far from me either .. only the other end of the island rofl

JC is pretty expensive (esp when you have to buy the extra vegs etc), but I need to do it til at least my first goal of 100kg, that way I will have worked out my new regime and be able to stick to it I thought of doing WW ... but I dont like having to count anything lol .. bad enough with stocktake rofl ... also the thought of lining up to get weighed just does my head in. I suppose if there werent places like 3FC available online I might be more tempted to go so I could get some support and inspiration, but happily for me I can get inspired any time of the day by coming here ... instead of waiting for the weekly weigh in lol ..

I was telling my friend yesterday Im feeling a little selfish, spending so much money on just me for food and focusing on me for a while ... she set me straight of course tellin me its about darn time and that if I didnt feel good in myself, how can I still help others to feel good ,... she also said I should be a stand up comic cos I can ramble and be sarcastic ... interesting qualifications I have there rofl .. its good to have friends like that dont you think??

Drop me a line some time Mary .. and great on going to the gym .. I havent worked my courage up to that yet (or my energy lol), but I have the Fitness Flyer and we live a little more rural than urban, so I have some lovely fields to walk through lol .. just wish the temperatures would rise up a little .. I feel like a popsicle until about midday rofl ..
Old 07-25-2006, 09:29 PM   #5  
Cute n' curvy.

S/C/G: 270/270/130

Height: 5'3"

JC is expensive. I didn't complete the program, so I lost money. They said that they would give me back half the money if I lost the weight. That was supposed to be my incentive, but I just couldn't afford the food.

Hey, Katt, you found another Kiwi!
turkeysandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:10 PM   #6  
Trying again

I do understand what you mean ... but i have lifetime membership so its only the food .... and while its pretty much what I spent on food for the whole family just for me each week .. its cheaper and safer than having a stomach stapling which I was seriously considering cos I just couldnt stick to any other plan .... at least not yet ... my initial goal is 100kg .. and I will get to that with JC .. but Im not planning on stopping there, only by then I should be ok with my regime and back on track with my eating habits .... I was bulimic in my teens, and its a lifelong battle not to do that again ... but in my head I know I shouldnt now .. so hopefully that will make it a little easier for me

Ive done JC before ... but didnt stick to it .. and I know it works .. so Im more determined this time .. and with 3FC I know I can do it too
Old 07-25-2006, 10:11 PM   #7  
Cute n' curvy.

S/C/G: 270/270/130

Height: 5'3"

Yeah, I was considering gastric bypass, but the doctor I was going to go through in my city had a patient die and then he stopped practicing. It was really weird. It just made me too nervous. I would rather just try and do it on my own.
turkeysandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 02:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Hi Nightkatt, You are right counting points is a pain. I tend to spend an hour on the weekend and prepak a lot of my food like cereals into little bags and glad wrap my meats in lots of 120grms each,throw them in the freezer for later in the week. Keep whole grain bread in the freezer so I can take them out one at a time. Have a shelf in the fridge just for myself, and if anyone touches, WATCH OUT!!!!! A
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote