Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 11:16 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Default Being Accountable: Weekly Challenge

Weekly Challenge:

Another chance at doing a challenge! This one may be an easier challenge for some. And since it got the most votes this is what we're going to try.

It was also borrowed from the support forum. (Gotta give credit where credit is due) I was a part of this challenge way back when I first started and really enjoyed it....and I think some of you may enjoy it also.

What does it involve? Well let me tell ya.....

Each week you choose something that you really have a hard time doing and you do it for the week. BUT--the difference between this and the 21 day challenge is:....you DON'T have to do this every day of the week! (The week consist of Monday through Sunday----yes weekends too!)

Say for instance.....you really want to cut down on sugar...but you know you can't last for the full 21 days (as in the 21 day challenge) but you know you can at least work it in some of the days in a week. You can choose how many days such as 3 or 4 or 5.....(but no less than 3 please) and then commit yourself to it.

AND....it doesn't have to be all in a row either! You may decide to not eat sugar for 4 days. So on Monday you have no sugar, but on Tuesday you can have some, on Wednesday none, then Thurdsday...(you get the idea) As long as you complete the amount of days you committed yourself to.

So what do you think? Think we can commit to doing this? Let's give it a try!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:17 AM   #2  

I'm committing myself to exercise 4 times this week. It's a hard thing for me to get any in, but I need to do it. So that is my challenge!

I'm hoping to up the days I workout to more than 4 as time goes on.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:39 PM   #3  
GmaTo8

Thanks for starting the challenge, Marti. What kind of exercise are you focusing on? I know you can do it!

My challenge for this week is to stay within 1600 calories every day for the week. That may sound high to some of you, but at my current weight, that is about right. I messed up last week by trying to go too low. I thought that a week of 1300 calories a day would show a good loss and get me started. What it did instead, was make me so hungry, I quit.

Also, my 1600 calories will be made up of (mostly) healthful foods. Tonight's dinner is tossed salad, lots of tomatoes, baked tilapia, beans, and mixed veggies. I planned all my calories for today last night, and I allowed 120 calories for 1/2 cup ff frozen yogurt because I need it to stay sane. Yes, I know it's full of weird stuff with unpronouncable names, but at this point, that's the best I can do.

I want to stop wasting time, effort, and energy worrying about my weight instead of doing something about it. Hopefully, this accountability will help all of us.

Who else is on board?
Old 07-24-2006, 02:58 PM   #4  
a work in progress

Water for me...it's been so hot here, and some days before I go to bed I realize I haven't had ANY water!!! Don't know how I manage that...

Anyway, my goal for this week is 48 oz of water every day -- we buy sport top bottles with 25.3 fl oz each, so 2 bottles each day and I am over my goal. I will make my goal for 4 days this week.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:46 PM   #5  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Marti, I will do the same as you...4 days of exercise. I hope for more, but should be able to manage at least the 4. I haven't felt well and have really gotten lax. Tomorrow will be my first day since I didn't exercise today.

Thanks for starting this!
Old 07-25-2006, 10:33 AM   #6  

Any kind of exercise is good for me. Walking, lifting, jogging, gazelling. Depends on the weather if I go out or not.

I got my first day in already. I walked.
Now, to get three more days of exercise!!

One down three to go!
Old 07-25-2006, 11:00 AM   #7  
a work in progress

Got my water in yesterday...starting on my first bottle for today!

I know, I know, that smiley is for drinking coffee -- we need one just for drinking water...I could use...

or

or

or

or

or

but none of them are quite right...
Old 07-25-2006, 06:36 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

I did fine with the calories yesterday - not too hungry - actually went under goal. So far, today is very good, too.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:28 PM   #9  
I can dream, can't I?

I got exercise, just not much. Tomorrow will be better. I did eat better today. Every little bit helps.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:24 AM   #10  
GmaTo8

Wow, you gals are doing great! I love the "water" smilies, lol.

I did OP with the food yesterday, and have today's menu all written down. I've been saving some calories for around 8pm, and I think that's helping me.

I think I may begin a whole new weight loss scrapbook. That seemed to help me last time, plus, it will give me something to do with my hands besides eat. I have a current full-length photo that was taken in Owensboro that I can use as a start.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:53 AM   #11  
a work in progress

Whoo hoo, day 2 drank my water! Probably helps that I started this challenge during this heat wave We broke the record for the most days in a row over 100...
Old 07-26-2006, 01:08 PM   #12  

Nothing today.......not yet anyway. I have plans to do an arm workout. So that is the goal for today. I will let you know how that goes.

Great job girls!!
Old 07-26-2006, 04:26 PM   #13  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I completely fogot about the challenge, oops! I will definitely jump on board next Monday...not getting much exercise in at all and that is my one thing I need to work on again. The heat is killing me and zapping my energy.

Keep up the good work ladies!
Old 07-26-2006, 07:06 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Mary Kate - yay for getting your water. I guess I'm just lucky that I like to drink water. It grows on a person.

Marti - do you have a tape for the arm workout, or what? I do some piddly arm exercises on my own, but haven't noticed any change.

Cristi - I was just wondering where you were for this challenge, and I'm glad to hear/read that you'll be joining us next week.

Sue - how'd you do today?

Angie - I really wish you were doing this with us. It's not the same w/o you. When you're ready, jump in, ok?

I have done great again today so far, knock wood. I know it's probably too early to say this, but I feel in control and think I'll make it this time. If nothing else, I should get points for enthusiasm. PLEASE let this feeling last!
Old 07-26-2006, 11:32 PM   #15  
I can dream, can't I?

HI...better late than never. I didn't do the WATP exercises today, but I did put in time weeding the flower beds in the heat. Nah, I won't count that as exercise, but will try to do better tomorrow. Eating needs to be better, but I am getting there. I just have to get feeling better and get my strength back to normal. Allergies are kicking my butt.
Nice to hear that you are all doing so well. Keep it up!
Closed Thread