South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 05:32 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Tuesday's Talking - July 25

The Girls woke me with howling at two this morning. The coyotes were at it out in the woods and my two decided to join in musically. Too funny as the rest of the village dogs howl too!

We just had a vicious thunderstorm and there's more to come so I won't be online much today. I have never had a fried modem and don't want the experience now. It looks like a rainy day is ahead so there will be no gardening, Maybe I'll finally get my vacuuming caught up!

What's happening chez-toi today? Sit and chat a bit.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:11 AM   #2  

Good Morning Chicks and Lurkers!!! Rise N Shine! We're having Tstorms here too Ruth..Poor Darby is laying behind my legs under the chair with her ears back.. and Casey could care less as she guards her pig ear..I'm enjoying my first cuppa cawfee and watching the first of the hummingbirds visit the feeder. I did Back, Shoulder, Triceps and Biceps yesterday and can barely lift my batwings this morn... Aspirin and Bengay Stat!!!! Today I'm going to shoot for 4 miles on the treadmill. Other than that.. a quiet day is planned to weather out the rain today!
Old 07-25-2006, 07:07 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

Height: 5'4"

Goodmorning all!! I was so looking forward to logging on and seeing what is going on in everyone's world today!!

We're getting rain too. No thunderstorms yet though. DF works outside so he was SLOOOOWWWW getting out the door. I can understand. The dogs are going to have a rough day. Locked up inside and T-storms on top of it. My aussie get a lot of anxiety about them.

Long day ahead for me. 8:45 appointment in town - so I might as well stay. I'll work out long today and then start work 1-8 tonight. Last week I had 5 no shoes. This week has GOT to be better! I'd rather they just cancel!

I said I was avoiding the scales. Didn't go so well....They found me. Litttle buggers! I have gained .5 but I'm pmsing and I know I'm holding some water weight so I'm trying to ignore the gain and not let it effect me.

Hope you all have a great day!! Better go make my meals for the day so I can get out the door!!
Old 07-25-2006, 08:40 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone,
I had my breakfast out on the patio this morning, just enjoying the peacefulness. Every now and then I have to take time out, just to stop and smell the roses. It did me a world of good and now I'm ready to face the day.
The heat and humidity are coming back, so today we're spending the afternoon at a friend's pool. I have a long day, as Cindy has a polo game tonight, so I won't get home until around 8. Next week I have the whole week to myself, as Cindy's family is having a reunion at the shore. She gave me the option of going with them or taking a vacation week, so guess what I chose? It will sure be nice to have some down time, and I plan to make the most of every minute. I'll be on vacation again in mid August, and that's when I'm going to the Finger Lakes in NY with my DD's family.
Time to go get the day started, see you all later.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:04 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 238.4/231.6/215/199/140

Hello all you beautiful chicks out there! Good Mornin' to ya'!
I had a really good night's sleep and feel good about how the day is going to be. The weather here on the other side of the coast is unpredictable, and they always say it's gonna rain - and then the clouds pass us by. It's been hot though. Personally, I love it. I am from Chicago, so Virginia weather is SOOOOOOO much better for those of us who need the longer seasons!
My 4 year old has gymnastics today and is already wishing for it to be time to go. He is THE MOST kinestetic person in the family and loves to move it. Can you say ADHD? LOL I have elements of it myself, but somehow I lost my H. Haha. He is so much fun. I have to finish a quilt that I am working on for my trip to Chicago in August, and I want to exercise for a good 30+ minutes also today. In my mindseye, I also have to get my teenager to get ready to go to camp (at Georgetown University) on Sunday. It will be such a relief to get him to be somewhere that other teenagers will be. LOL Camps are GOOOOOOOD! I want to go to camp, darn it!
I have been contemplating taking a wall climbing class, but not sure that I am ready for it. I am really weak in my upper body and maybe need conditioning before I make THAT move. My new favorite saying is, "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" So true, and can apply to many areas of my life. Working on it though! Hope everyone finds a blessing throughout this day! I AM BLESSED to be here!

P.S. Schatzi! BATWINGS!!??!!! ROFLMAO! I have to steal that from you! I love it!
Old 07-25-2006, 09:23 AM   #6  

Good morning gals....

Sipping on my first cup of coffee waiting for it to kick in! DH is off today and tomorrow- we are excited to have him home. The girls get so excited when he is here- it is like a celebrity sighting in our house. Sad, but true!

Schatzers You are rocking and rolling on the exercise front! I know that is one area you were wanting to improve, so WTG!!

Cottage That will be so nice for you to have some time off. You deserve it!!

Ruth We will miss you today, but better to save the modem!

Grasshopper I made the Mexican Chicken for dinner last night as well. It was so good. My mom and I had it over greens. Super easy too. I am adding that to my list of weekly recipes.

Scully I have a 4 year old as well- they are definitely full of energy! She is looking forward to going back to preschool next week as her 13 month old sister doesn't always provide all the entertainment she would like.

Me- Haircut at 12:30 today and then DH and I have got to get up into our attic and get some stuff cleaned out. This Saturday is the garage sale that I have been yapping about for weeks. Hopefully we can make a bit of cash! DH actually has to go into work for a bit this afternoon, but he is going to take Abigail with him, so I will have an hour or two to read/chill while the baby naps. Yeah for me!

Weightloss is a bit iffy for me this week- I seem stuck at 153. I am not really complaining though, as I have wanted to be planted in the low 150s for YEARS!! I need to quit having moments of stupidity where I cheat for no reason.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:31 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good mornin' ya'll

So glad to see everybody today, it is a wonderful day in the neighborhood!!!
I have been feeling better lately, I've been back on the beach for about a month now, and I can definitely feel the difference. I was only gone for about 2 months and WOW what those 2 months can do to you!

Today I have a luncheon for work, not really looking forward to it, but it shouldn't be all that bad, I just keep thinking of all the other things I could be doing at the office instead.

I have class tonight, and I forgot to grab something for a snack. I leave from work and go straight to class, oh but I think I might have an apple in the fridge here, so all may be saved. It is so hard to think of good snacks to eat in the car on the way to class, and class lasts for 4 hours. So I am about starved when I get home around 9:30. What do you all eat on the run?

Well, gotta get back to work...ya'll have a great day

Oh, and Kiko--I'm glad you liked the mexican casserole, it's one of our favorites as well

ya'll take care
Old 07-25-2006, 12:37 PM   #8  
Goal: A Healthy Me

Height: 5' 6"

So who knew you had to check the ingredients in cottage cheese?

Yuck. I bought the walmart store brand and it has modified food starch in it plus a whole bunch of other stuff like "added color". Should just be skim milk and maybe a little salt, right? Why would you have to add color??? Tastes horrible. I definitely won't be doing that again. The budget is really tight right now so I shopped at Superwalmart to see if I could cut a few dollars from the grocery bill. I wasn't very impressed. They're cheaper on a few things like cheese & cereal, but they didn't have a lot of the things I wanted/needed and their produce was beyond sad. By the time I paid for gas to get there & back (about 20 miles) I don't think I was very far ahead. Ah, well - live & learn.

I apologize for being MIA. Been dealing with a lot lately but I really want to get back to doing sb full-time. I've been trying to read the boards daily but I haven't been responding. Welcome to all the new posters!! (there are so many ) and hi to all the regulars. Hope everyone has a good rest of the day.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:41 PM   #9  

I feel so much more motivated after spending an hour at the gym last night. It's my turn to take Brian to swimming lessons tonight so I think I'll plan in some treadmill time while the Eggplant Parmesan is cooking.

Kiko - Isn't it too hot to get up in your attic this time of year? Our access is through the garage and I really avoid it now.

I'm going to have to go look at the Mexican chicken recipe and see if I've tried it. DH doesn't like chicken but sometimes I can find recipes he will eat.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:36 PM   #10  
RNMOM

Default Hiya

Just a quick check in to say hi! I'm off to class in a few minutes. I've been slacking on the board for a bit, but I'm thinking about ya!

My son got home last night on leave for a couple of weeks. It's 90 here today and I'm sweltering and he's giving me the "double eye rollover" I guess it was about 135 when he left Iraq. Anyway it's good to look at him and give him random hugs!!!!!!

Schatz....sorry about the batwings but just think of how good they'll look when your leading the choir!

Ruth, sorry about the canines fear of thumbber (my little babies used to call it that a million years ago) At least you may cool off for a day or two.

KellyJ, I need to be better at reading ingredients. I'm probably not as healthy as I think I'm being.

Barb, you are such an inspiration. You still keep eating well and exercising well. You are a steady motivator for me!

Tammy, try a V8 and cheese stick. Maybe that will get you through.

Kiko, have fun with some "alone time" and a haircut! Wow!

cottage, thanks for the post about your breakfast. Good reminder to us all.

Scully, I didn't know there were classes for wall climbing????? I'm constantly driven up the wall.

littlegrasshopper, sorry about the 1/2 pound but sheesh, that will be easy for you! Hide the scales until they behave!

Ok, I'm off. Take care everyone~
Old 07-25-2006, 09:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/147/130

hi guys!! finally home from a LONNNNGGGG but good day at work. Don't have many bad days in my job. I'm very blessed for that. Anyway, a client today told me that I'm looking very toned - have I lost weight. He was probably being flirty and I WAS wearing all black but I'LL TAKE IT!!!! In truth I'm up 2 pounds but I'm not worrying because I'm exercising a lot more this week than I have in well...forever...and still with water retention.....

I did a full hour of cardio again today. I didn't die. Thought I might a few times but I think I was just being dramatic Also did weights. Got invited to a "Pump" class friday morning. It's a cardio weight training class. Excited about going!!

RNMOM - I'm glad you're getting to spend time with your son! How wonderful!!! I bet you can't stop hugging him!!!

Barb - I hear you about being more movitated after the workout. I did start to run out of fuel today though....too many deep tissue clients after such a workout

Tammy - I eat a lot on the run. Cheese sticks, lettuce wraps, SBD bars, trailmix of seeds and stuff (not much of that) Cellery with cheese stick is GOOD ;0 I don't even care that much for cellery. You can sure pack it with yummy stuff though

okay, I have to spend time with the babies (dogs). We had storms all day and they both look exhausted and stressed.

See you all tomorrow!
Closed Thread