Old 07-24-2006, 10:32 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/183/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Fat Mommies thread week of 7/24

Hello mommies!

I was away last week with 9 teenage girls from my church on a "youth conference." They had a blast and I was SOOOOOOOOOO tired. Teenagers NEVER sleep. It's crazy. I didn't eat the best and exercised only 2 times last week, but was relieved not to have gained any weight....God was looking out for me.

Well, DD moved out of our room this weekend, she moved next door into her own room. It was weird. I woke up in the night and heard crying, and ran in her room, but it must have been a dream because she was sound asleep....is that crazy??

I've bribed myself that if I can fit 5 workouts into my week (40 minutes each at least) I can get myself a pedicure on Saturday. I really love them, but we are desperately trying to pay off our debt (DD was 11 weeks early and spend 8 weeks in the NICU- NOT cheap!) so I don't get them. But, I could use a little motivation to push myself. Do you ladies ever reward yourselves like this??

Everyone have a great day!

Oh....also- I love Pampers swaddlers but am looking for a more affordable alternative diaper. We don't like Huggies, or LUVs anyone use cheap, good diapers??
brooke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 234.5/226/175

Height: 5'8"

Hi there!

I have always found white cloud- the walmart brand and kirkland the costco brand to be just as good as the expensive name brands- and cheap- 15.00 + change for the mega grande- dumptruck load full

I am reward motivated myself- I found when I was doing Atkins previously that I would reward my very good behavior with one food item I wanted more than anything else once a week. I would grant the reward late at night so the sugar spike would occur while I was sleeping and I could wake up and get right back in the saddle. That works well for me- right now i am in induction so no rewards for one more week, but then I will continue with what works for me. It is funny, but while I thought of the reward I would want a cadbury egg, And i was sure that was the reward that I would want- but in the end a lot of time I would have a fruit salad or something like that with peaches, and mangos and bananas- lots of high glycemic index fruits- and that made me happy!

Hope this helps, Have fun!!
snowgirl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 11:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/155/125

Good morning mommies!

Well ,it looks like it's gonna be another super hot day here. And I have so much to do today! My house is a wreck, I've got to take the boys for a check up, and I promised them I'd take them to the park.
The twins are starting to crawl, which scares me, because it's so much easier to take care of 2 babies when they don't move around!
Now they are EVERYWHERE!!!!

brooke- WOW, teenage girls... you are so brave!
Good job on not gaining when you were gone, that's awesome!
As for the whole pedicure thing... I love them. The twins were born 2 months early and we are STILL trying to pay the hospital bills. All the things I used to pamper myself with are long gone now. I was hoping to use either a facial or a mani/pedi as a reward also, my own little pat on the back for a job well done... I just haven't actually had time to!
I remember when my oldest finally left our room and went into his own... I was a basket case. I'd check on him at least 20 times just to make sure he was breathing. So what you did was not weird, it was perfectly normal!
Trust me, it gets easier.
I switched from Swaddlers to the Walmart White Cloud brand lately. They're not as good, but they haven't leaked yet!

Hope everyone has a great day! Take care...

Donya
4boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:54 PM   #4  
!No CoMpRoMiSe!

S/C/G: 162/152/135

Height: 5'5"

our dd has a bed in our room, and starts out there most nights. she always ends up in our bed by mourning. if my dh goes to bed before me, She's always in bed with him. One night, she came into the living room and asked "Mommy can I sleep in your bed tonight." DH had told her it was up to me... Gee thanks, now I'm the bad guy. I don' t know if there is any hope. I think the longer you wait the harder it is. we also wait till she goes to sleep to turn the lights out.

Let me know how it goes!
wannaBsize7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:17 AM   #5  

Morning Ladies,

Well I can count a big X over yesterday for healthy eating.....I had a MAJOR Hershey kiss craving, which I endulged in. I could have stopped about 7 earlier than I did.....then my dinner was overcooked (it was a crockpot dinner that should have been turned off an hour earlier) so DH ordered a pizza and of course I ate 2 peices!! The only thing that made me feel better was my great workout at the gym.

I got myself up before 6 a.m. today again and did a Tae Bo workout, which felt pretty good. I'm determined not to pig again today! I'm 2 workouts toward my 5 workout goal for this week!!! Pedicure here I come!!

DD loves having her own room. She is sleeping much better than she did in our room. She's gone to bed at 7:30 both nights and has slept straight through until 7:30 a.m.!!!! NICE. And, now we have a grown up space....it is still weird, I make us all have our doors open. Not sure why. But, it is nice to be able to use my room after 7:30 p.m. I'm glad we made the move...

Alright, it's naptime, so I'm off to shower and get some chores done....everyone have a good day!
Old 07-25-2006, 09:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

Since this is turning into a "group" rather than just general support-I am moving this thread to the Support Groups section.
Thanks,
Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:05 AM   #7  

Good morning!
I woke up this morning feeling a little under the weather. Couldn't quite motivate myself for yoga. I was supposed to leave to visit my grandparents with the kids today for a few days, but my 2 year old's check up didn't quite go so well, so he needs to go get a hearing evaluation done on Wednesday. Guess I'll have to visit next week.

I'm beginning to feel very discouraged about this whole diet. I haven't been gaining any weight which is remarkable considering how many times I've slipped and cheated on my diet, but I just don't have the will power I did early on. Oh well, I should just do something about it, rather than complaining about it!!!

Well, I hope everyone has a great day! Hopefully my stomach will settle down and I can actually squeeze in some running today!

take care,
Donya
Old 07-26-2006, 06:02 AM   #8  

Hey Donya,

Hope all goes well with the hearing test....and that your stomach settled down.
I know what you mean about lacking motivation. I did manage to keep myself away from the Hershey kisses yesterday, which I was proud of, but it IS very difficult to keep motivated with healty eating...sometimes I just want to say "forget it" But, I know that's just a bad spiral.

I think I'll work out while I'm motivated....

Talk to you all later.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:32 PM   #9  
Bad Mamma Jamma

Height: 5'7"

I lost track of you guys for a bit, hope you all don't mind if I re-join you!

Quote:
DD loves having her own room. She is sleeping much better than she did in our room. She's gone to bed at 7:30 both nights and has slept straight through until 7:30 a.m.!!!! NICE.
That sounds so good to me right now. Mine has been cutting the same two front teeth for weeks and weeks now. All at once, her formerly good sleeping habits went wonky and we're WORN OUT around here. I'm lucky my husband works from home and my mom is a saint - I get up with her all night (like, every 45 minutes to an hour on many nights), he gets up with her around 5.30 when she "starts" her day, and my wonderful mom comes by at 8.30 to take over for him till I get up. So he gets sleep at night, I get mine in the morning, and Nana gets bonding time with Number One Grandbaby. On balance, I guess I shouldn't do THAT much complaining but you know how it is when it's almost bedtime and you KNOW it's going to be a long night...it is hard to remember to count your blessings.

Donya, I know how it is when the will power runs out. Dr. Phil has a saying that "success comes from doing it, even when you don't feel like it." Sometimes I find that motivational. Sometimes it makes me want to stick a wad of chewing gum on his big bald head

I have been really floundering lately. I am desperate to make some changes but I swear it's like the food is IN MY MOUTH before I think, hang on! What am I DOING? I think I'm going to have to make a sign for the fridge or something. I really really really have to get a grip. This is bad for me and I'm terrified of passing my psycho relationship with food down to my daughter. It's horrible to think that I could be setting her up for a life of obsessing with food, secretly binging, self-loathing, and fatness.

I'm not generally THIS down, guys, I promise. The PMS makes me morbid. I SWEAR I'll have happier things to post soon.

Hope you all will keep in touch. I love the idea of keeping up with other moms while working on this life changing weight loss thing.

Also, has anyone read Passing For Thin by (I think) Francis Kuffel? So far, it's been really great. It's not a how-to diet book by any means, but it's her story of losing about half her body weight, joining OA, and learning to live life after fat. If you can steal a few minutes here and there, it's worth your time.
NicoleNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:58 PM   #10  

Hi everyone, I guess we should actually start a new week now, huh?
Oh well, next post I guess.

Things here are hectic. One of the twins is still teething, he's so grumpy it's not even funny. My 2 year old's hearing test was cancelled, maybe in the next couple weeks or so. I have to do some major school shopping this week, my oldest goes back to school next monday. YAY!!!!
And I have to find time to take my poor dog to the vet because he got a ton of cattails lodged in his eye. I got them out, but I'm just hoping he's not going to lose his eye, it's pretty mangled. I feel like I have a million things to do...
My best friend is up from Arizona this week. I don't get to see her that often anymore, so that will be a treat. Also, it's an excuse to get away from the house. I love being a mom, but some days, I tell ya, I just want to change my name and run away!!!

Well, lack of motivation didn't stop me, I managed to lose 6 pounds last month! I don't really know how, I think it was stress, really! I gave myself a goal of 8 pounds for August, but I think that's wishful thinking!

Hope everything is going good for everyone. Keep up the good work!

Take Care!
Donya