South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 05:39 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Monday Cackles and Clucks - July 24

Good morning! It's going to be another sunny day here. We did finally get some rain yesterday and you could just hear the earth sighing in relief!

Lovely Marriage Blessing yesterday and the garden party afterwards was wonderful. I managed to avoid most of the food temptations but did slightly overindulge on wine. The scale stayed the same overnight. Actually I swear it's stuck!

Half the Fair midway came in last night so today will be busy as they start assembling the rides. Every kid in town will be over there hanging out by noon.

This morning I really must vacuum my downstairs. It's been neglected in favour of the gardening. The Girls' wading pool needs a good scrub so that will be on the list too. The Pypers are at their cottage so I expect a visit from them too. Hmmm...better get moving. Hersh and I have a nursing home visit to do too! Move it, Ruthie!

What's on your plate for today - after a healthy breakfast, of course?
Old 07-24-2006, 06:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I can't believe it's Monday already, where did the weekend go? We had a very busy day yesterday. Once my daughter got here, Caitlyn needed to wash a load of her clothes before we dropped her off at French camp, and she had to go to the store and pick up some last minute things. I don't know why she couldn't get all this stuff done at their house. But anyway we got her to her dorm just in the nick of time, then we had an hour's drive back home where I had to rush around around to get supper on the table since we were running late. But it was nice to sit down and relax over a good meal, so the day ended on a good note. The only cheating I did was having a Cappuccino Moolatte from the Dairy Queen, but I'm pretty sure I burned off those calories with all the rushing around I did. At least that's what I'm telling myself!
A very pleasant day is on tap, weather-wise. My parents got home last evening from their vacation, so I want to pop in to see them before going to work, so I'd better get going. I hope Mom has the coffee on!
Old 07-24-2006, 07:17 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 238.4/231.6/215/199/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Monday Mornin'! It's gonna be a busy day for me, the weekend was a blink. I felt as if I were in perpetual motion the entire weekend.
It's been almost my 1st week in phase one and I have weighed myself everyday, which hasn't been as fun as I wanted it to be. I bumped up a pound overnight, leaving me at losing a meager 2 pounds this week. Hmmm. I feel a little disappointed that it wasn't at least 4! I mean, aren't the 1st 2 weeks supposed to eliminate 8-13 pounds? I planned on staying in Phase 1 for 4 weeks, as I really need the weight boost - but what am I doing wrong? I even exercised twice on the treadmill for 30 minutes, getting a good sweat.
Anyone have any insight for me?

Personal goals this week will be to exercise a minimum of 30 minutes a day, drink water at least at awakening, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and then at bedtime. Be prepared with phase one meals by planning, and also journalling this weeks intake of food.

Ok, I am frustrated this morning.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:39 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Scully, sorry you are feeling frustrated. Believe me, it will go! The up a pound is just a blip and is probably water weight. The 8-13 pound loss depends on many things and loss varies for everyone. Lots of chicks lose more in the second week of Phase I.

Staying on Phase I for four weeks is NOT recommended as moving to Phase II gives you better nutrition. Remember this is a plan that retrains your body and you may follow it for life.

Maybe you could post your day's menu with quantities for the Beachers to check out. Make it a separate thread so it doesn't get lost in the daily chatter.

and hang in there!
Old 07-24-2006, 07:46 AM   #5  
Skinny(er) by Thirty?

S/C/G: 192.2/163.8/154/135

Height: 5' 6"

I am loving the beach! Today my monthly friend arrived (TMI), and yet I am still down another pound! There are so many good food choices, that not only am I eating healthier, others in my family are eating healthier!

I was reading the weekly menus for phase 2 (I still have 9 more days until then) and I was drooling at how good some of the things sound! Although I probably could stay on Phase 1 longer, I don't want to!

Good Luck this week, everybody!

Louren
Old 07-24-2006, 09:26 AM   #6  

Morning chicks!

Getting a little stir crazy here these days. I think I am ready to go back to work- I am sure that makes me a horrible mother, but I am not cut out to be a fulltime SAHM. (especially on a tight budget!) I feel like I am short order cook and maid!!!!!

We are going to library time this morning and then to my mom's for dinner tonight. I am going to make the Mexican Chicken Casserole in the forum, I am looking forward to trying a new recipe as I have been cooking a lot of the same stuff.

I am contemplating getting my hair hacked off. I figure I am at my lowest weight in years, and I would like to go back to school looking very different. What do you all think of this cut? I think it is adorable and figure that if is turns out disastrous that it will grow back!

http://www.hairfinder.com/hair_imaging.htm

Have a great day all!
Old 07-24-2006, 10:06 AM   #7  

Schatzi's A CACKLE DOOOOODLE DE DOOOOOING IN!

Kiko:
That cut is so cute and chic... Go fer it!
Louren: to the dailies!
Scully: yes! Post yer daily menu here and lets see if we can help ya.. also weighting yerself everyday just sets you up fer feelin frustrated, mad, euphoric, ..I know it's hard but try not to weigh everyday..
Ruth: hope H is having a good day....
Cottage: enjoy yer day! What a buzzzy weekend!

Just got back from taking a neighbor for some tests...

I am sooooo bloody sore today..Instead of buying fitness tapes, I've been taping shows off of Fit Tv.. and well this dude Gilaed is a SADIST!!! My quads are so crampy today.. !
Yesterday Landlordess and I were chatting on the front porch in the morning and she heard shouting ! "who is yer DH yelling at" she asked... "ah just the TV, it must be "Meet the Press" time :lol2: so in the afternoon, she came over to return a bowl, while I was in the bedroom gettin my arse whooped by Gilad.. I'm cussin him out, saying "You do One more!" You su*k" and You are Killing me!!!! DH and Landlord open the bedroom door and proceed to laugh at me! landlord says, You two are NUTS !
Today I had a Berry Smoothie for breakfast, tossed salad with chicken for lunch, Bean salad and BBQ chicken for dinner!

Ok gotta git on with my day.... and I will get on that Dreadmill (hmm, after a couple of Alieve )
Old 07-24-2006, 10:26 AM   #8  
gotta lose it!

Kiko, I love it!!!
Morning everyone, I'm slowly losing the 5 pounds I put on while I was home for the bridal/bachelorette party....ugh it's taking forever, but it is also TOM so maybe I'll have a huge loss at the end of the week.
Gotta get ready for work - see ya later!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:03 AM   #9  

Good morning ladies!!!
I'm home from 10 days of travel and it was tough. Started P2 on the road and found it a little frustrating. Add in some family issues and believe me when I tell you my resolve was severely tested. I did make it and lost a few pounds in the process. I do wish that I was smarted and checked out the dining out sticky before I went instead of when I came home to check out if my choices were okay ---lol---.

I went food shopping almost my first minute free so there would be no excuses of no healthy food in the house.

Have a super Monday one and all.

Oh, Scully, by all means post your menu, but as a side note. I have a friend who only lost 2 pounds the first week and stuck with it. Her losses were about 2 each week and she was surprisingly steady with that and lost her 80# and kept it off for a few years now. The Beach works. Don't worry about the numbers as much as sticking to the beach. If you work the plan it will work for you. Keep us posted.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:46 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Good mornin' ya'll

I agree, this weekend went by fast. It was enjoyable, but in a blink of an eye it's gone!!!

I weighed this weekend and I am down 4lbs!!
My DS is talking about moving out again!!! He's 19 and ready to tackle the world. He is a very responsible "man" But I just hate to see him go. He's not going to move until around Christmas, so I have a few more months to either talk him out of it or get used to the idea. But he and his girlfriend went shopping yesterday and brought back so much for their apartment. He was so excited to show me dishes, knives, pots, pans and I told him how great it was he was planning etc. etc. yada yada. I don't baby him, he does just about everything for himself. But I don't want my baby to go, I know I worry too much, anyhooo

Scully-SB is a great plan to stick to, I get frustrated myself when I hit a plateau, I think everybody does. But just know that we are all here for you, and we all have been there and know exactly how you feel. Your body will come around and it's always best to shed those pounds slowly. But I agree I don't think it would be a good idea to stay on PH1 for 4 weeks.

Kiko-Love that cut, it is so cool, If I could carry it off, I would do it myself!! You go girl!!

Schatzi-you are so funny, your landlord must think you all have lost your mind, but that's what keeps it interesting, right?

Ruth, Cottage, Louren--HI

Ya'll have a great day, take care
Old 07-24-2006, 11:50 AM   #11  

Kiko - I love the design! I'm trying to decide what I want to do with my hair too. I like it short and I like to be able to spend almost no time on it. Time to get it cut short again. I know what you mean about staying home. I would never be able to make it as a stay at home mom although I do enjoy an occasional day especially now that Brian is older.

scully - do post your menu but know that I only lost 4 pounds in all of phase 1 and I've gone on to lose about 70. If you didn't have a lot of water to lose then you don't lose as much in phase 1.

I sure hope this week isn't as busy at work. Brian has gymnastics and swimming lessons tonight but DH is taking him so I WILL make it to the gym. Even if I get out of work late, they won't be home until 9PM so I have no excuse for not going.

Dh really helped me by taking Brian to Target yesterday and getting him the few school clothes he needs and the present he needs for the party on Saturday.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 235/226/144

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Good Morning (almost afternoon) chickies!

Well, I'm over my mean and happier this morning.(I posted late on yesterdays daily if you want the details.. ) I realized now that it must be PMS! Ah, the lovely TOM....anyway I need to make this short as we are about to go to the park for a picnic and some nature watching! DH arm is doing MUCH better and he's ready to take the rest of his vacation with gusto!

The scale went up a pound and I'm not surprised considering my behavior yesterday...But still I move on!

Tomorrow we plan to hit the Bob Bullock Texas History Museum and IMAX theatre. Haven't been there for a couple of years, so it will be a blast.

Hope everyone has an awesome Monday!

Old 07-24-2006, 12:42 PM   #13  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey chicks! I haven't been on here in a few days but the eating has been good and I've been exercising with the dog. Weight is fluctuating due to TOM about to start but everythign else is going great! Have a great day chicks!
Old 07-24-2006, 01:09 PM   #14  
beachbum

Good Aternoon Ladies

Our computer server went down yesterday morning after I posted and it didn't come up until this morning. Gee!!! I was in limbo not being able to post to my cyper friends.

I did make that WHORE PASTA dish for dinner last night and YUMMMMMMMMM!!! YUMMMMMMMM! No wonder the old saying of catching a man though is stomach was born. It really was delish.... The only thing at my OFFICAL W-I this morning I up 1lb. this probably the salt from the anchovys or the tomato sauce. Leo told me to eat the Puttanesca far from my W-I day. Well I didn't listen no, & now hopefully the pound will disappear by tomorrow.

Got to the beach and did some walking before it got too hot,I was able to get 40 mins done.

Working on my stuffed grape leaves for tonight's Greek Chicken Dinner.Wanted to start the grape leaves yesterday but the stupid server for our computer was down all day plus some time early this morning.

Have to go,my rice is ready to stuff my grape leaves.

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 07-24-2006 at 01:17 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:20 PM   #15  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default Phase 3

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if there is any information on here for Phase 3. Thanks.
Closed Thread