Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 12:44 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Smile Weight Loss and Chit Chat #204.

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies.

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting! So please, won't you join us ?
Old 07-22-2006, 02:12 PM   #2  
joan fay

S/C/G: 158/154/135

Default Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone. Please allow a few time to catch up and get acquainted with everyone. This is a great place to be. I do enjoy some of the other threads also. Thank you for all your kind words. It's going to take some time to adjust. My mother passed away in April and both my sister and I have intregrated a lot of her things in our homes. Of course, when I look at some items it makes me feel sad. That too shall pass I know.

Marti - good for you adjusting to your new hours.

Jules - The pictures were very special - I enjoyed looking at them What a blessing that everyone behaved. It seems - weddings, funerals, baby showers or whatever - bring out the worst in some people. Some people have their own ideas of how things should go. Dear me - Hope you solve your car problem. I wish we weren't so dependent on our cars.

Jane - I'm about 2-1/2 hours from Palm Springs. - Just got word the temperature is about 120 degrees in the desert. Ugh Hope there isn't too much humidity.

Once again I don't mean to neglect anyone - I'll get in the swing of things.
joan fay
Old 07-22-2006, 02:19 PM   #3  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Jules, what great photos those were. Shows a man who was pretty active.
So angels got you home that night? With only one cylinder working...makes me shudder thinking 2 women stuck out on the road late at night.

Jane...thank you for the heads up....I printed your post off and will hand it over to Monte,,,,the house we rented has a discount tickets thing also. Im guessing being a resident of Florida she can get a good deal. Im pretty excited to be going...and its going to be HOT!

Robin,,,Im thinking anything that blocks out light would help with a migraine. Over here you have to have something written up on why you have tinted windows. (for the sides and front) When I owned my other vehicle,,,and was working more PI stuff I had limo tinted windows.

Shel...you said pirates was good right? I think we are going to go see that tonight,,,cause again I was too tired to go any where last night...And I hate leaving Monte out of things,,,and he loved the first Pirates so much he bought it. He said that if he finds time hes going to get a big tattto on his chest of a pirate ship....lol

Marti,,,I know of alot of people who do those 4 days cruise ship holidays,,,I would be 4 days? Thats not enough time. But I guess if you are short on time,,,have a long long weekend...that wouldn't be too bad.

Well Ive already cleaned the yard...need to water it but will wait till tonight no point,,,just evaporate. Going to run over to Safeway and get some fruits and veggies.
Clean the house...arghhh
later all
Old 07-22-2006, 04:32 PM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey everybody!

Really, really quickly here.........

Thanks so much for ALL your lovely suggestions! Makes me feel better because I was at a loss of what to eat! I thought Salads and grilled chicken was about it for me! lmaooooooo. So you all gave me lots of great ideas!

Angelia - Yes we thought Pirates was pretty good! Not as good as the 1st, but I thought still pretty good. Hope you enjoy it!

Jules - Glad everybody behaved themselves!

TTYL! Gotta run!
Old 07-22-2006, 06:43 PM   #5  
Give me strength

Shel, I had heard that it wasn't as good as the first but we are still going.

I went grocery shopping...bought 95% healthy,,,but got something from the bakery. #$% grrr...should not of gone near that area.

Bought some sushi...yummers. And stopped at Starbucks and bought a Tangerine/tazo tea frap.

Its super hot here today...and Im just waiting to talk to someone about DWD tickets,,,thank goodness for speaker phones. Their hold music is pretty good,,,upbeat spanish music...lol Tanner and I were dancing around the kitchen earlier...Monte thinks we are touched...lol

Forgot to mention,,,Brandon was able to get my tickets to see Black Eyed Peas with Rhania and Swollen Members. ITs in Oct. So excited.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:35 PM   #6  

Poppin' in quickly here! The temps got up to 103 today! WAAAAAYYYY too hot! And the humidity is awful.

There is a car cruise going on today, James & I walked to the park to look at the car show first (before the cruise) and it was just miserable out. There is a comfort level of heat and 103 isn't it.

It's about 97 right now, so we decided that we're going to stay home in our 75 degree house!

Joan--Take your time getting to know everyone. We don't expect you get it all in one visit.

Angie--I think I would prefer the longer cruises if we went on one. We did see a cruise ship in SF while we were there. Had no idea how HUGE they were. We were talking about taking a cruise on our 10yr anniversary. 2yrs to go if it's our 10yrs together or 8yrs if it's our wedding anniversary. (haven't decided which yet!)

Shel--There is so much variety in eating healthy. It's making it taste good that I have to learn to acheive most times. Keep us updated on how you do.

Ok...I need to get off here and just go melt.

Hugs to all and hope you're all staying cool!
Old 07-23-2006, 01:59 PM   #7  

Good Morning everyone......

Hope you're all enjoying your Sunday. The heat has started to rise already. It was 90 degrees at 8:00. Not sure what I'm going to do today. I wanted to mow the lawn but it's just too hot. Maybe do it in spurts???

Ok......I'm getting off of here. Hope you all have a great day!

Old 07-23-2006, 09:54 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Julie - wow, Angie's right - an angel must have been watching over you and your DD to get you home safely. Thank you so much for sharing the pix! Your kids are too cute!

Marti - oh, I didn't realize Jhanai got to spend more time with you like that. How cool! Before you know it, she'll be driving herself back and forth. Yay for you, stocking up on healthy foods.

Joan Fay - it's ok to take your time getting to know us. I agree there are lots of nice places to visit here at 3FCs. Just about anything you need to know about, healthwise, can be found somewhere on these boards.

Angie - be sure and take advantage of the free fastpasses at WDW. Do you want the maps? Wtg on snagging the concert tickets! Hey, your slip at the bakery is mild compared to what you could've done, right? Look at it that way, and it doesn't seem too bad.

A big hello to everyone else!

The weather today was just as nice as yesterday. I've been outside a lot, watching the kids play, and doing some playing myself. The whole weekend has just been so relaxing!

Question - this is the first time I've had shower doors that's on a track. Does anybody know how to clean the track easily???? It's driving me crazy!

I've been doing pretty well, still, with the food. I had a donut after church, but counted the calories for it. We have all kinds of fresh fruits and veggies out here, which helps the grocery bill, and tastes so good! Between you guys and the meetings at my church, maybe there's hope for me, yet.

Toodles,
Old 07-23-2006, 10:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 202/200/150

Height: 5'6

Unhappy Character building

I am so stressing out over this what is an avatar, how do I reply, how do I get to chat. I am on an old pc windows 98 and I am old too
Old 07-23-2006, 10:35 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/200/150

Height: 5'6

If anybody out there hears me and are responding to me I can't find it. More will be revealed
Old 07-23-2006, 10:50 PM   #11  
a work in progress

QT...hi! Don't stress, this is fun and there is a lot of support here Don't worry about being too old -- there is a pretty wide range of ages here! And Windows98 isn't that old, either, I bet a lot of people here use it, too.

But this isn't live chat, it's a bulletin board, so you won't get immediate responses (I just happened to log on and see your last two posts). If you look at the times people posted, you will see that people write something, post, then come back later to read what others have written

You already figured out how to reply, just by clicking on "post reply" at the bottom of the page.

You asked about what an avatar is -- that's just the name of the pic next to your name on the left. Some people put a pic of themselves, or their kids, or just a neat pic they like (I picked a smiley kitty just 'cause it's silly and cute).

Try posting on our "bio" thread to tell us a little bit about yourself. This "chitchat" thread is where we do most of our posting, but there are a few other threads going as well.

Looking forward to getting to know you,
Mary Kate
Old 07-24-2006, 12:47 AM   #12  

It's pass 9:30 and I'm sweating my behing off!! The temps say 92. That's just too much!!

Jane--We have a shower on tracks, but I don't know of an easy way to clean them. They're just a pain no matter what.

IMAQT--I believe Katie said it all! If you would like a photo in your advatar, you need to go to your UserCP and edit it there. The more you play around the site, the more you'll get a hang of it. And also, welcome and really do hope to hear more from you!

Katie--How are you doing?! Sure missed hearing from you. I hope your arms have eased up a little w/the pain. Just know we're always thinking of you! Post more when you're feeling up to it.

Today was another hot day as I have mentioned. I spent 20mins mowing my back lawn though this afternoon. Don't ask me what I was thinking, I just knew that the weeds were driving me crazy and seeing our dogs walk around them like a maze......was a bit comical. I will mow the other parts of the lawn in the mornings when it's still semi cool out.

Ate a not so healthy lunch today. James wanted to take me out for lunch so we ate at a chinese place. Was good food. Didn't eat everything and I think I drank a pitcher of water all too myself!
Dinner was a better story. I ate a salad, some chicken breast and a little rice. Made sure my plate was full of salad more than the rest. The rest I put away for lunch for work. So I got my veggies, my protein and some carbs. And water- water- water!!!!!

Ok....getting hot sitting here at the computer so I'm gonna go.

Hello and goodnight to everyone!
Old 07-24-2006, 05:52 AM   #13  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Good Morning All!

Finally my work week is done........so glad.

I will admit I didn't to too well. I started out great, eating salads and grilled chicken, ended the "week" horribly. Today was the worst. But I think I do have a good excuse, if there are any. lol. Today, well I should say Sunday was the anniversary of my step father's death. I was just fine until I called my mom and heard how sad she was and then hub kinda aggrivated me and that got me to crying. So lets just say that I'm really glad I'm off now.

I have healthy things here to eat. Maybe not the greatest, but as I see it, 100% better than eating fast food! Work is just tough for me. Esp. with my shift and I work 10 hr. shifts so that makes for a long shift too and dragging enough food into work for the night is complete cauious (SP??). Especially now that they are cracking down on so many things at work. I tell you its like a prision! NO internet usuage unless its for work, so I have read a 300 or some page book in 2 days. Its SOOOOOOOoo boring otherwise. I think its complete crap how they are treating us. (not just nights either, its everybody they are "cracking down" on, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd shifts)

I can understand that they want the work to be done and all, but they have to understand that Nights are completely different. I would love to see the supervisors and ops managers sitting there ALL night long staring at the computer screen and just waiting for the flipping phone to ring. Yeah like Sunday nights, they are pretty busy, but not all nights are and even not all Sundays, its hit or miss at night time.

I think as long as your work is being completed on time and the phones are getting answered, what is the big deal about checking out the news or something? (I don't even go to the news sites anymore).

It makes work very boring and very long.

Anyways enough of my blabbering. lol.

I hope you all have a Great day and an awesome week!
Old 07-24-2006, 08:00 AM   #14  
Jaded Lady & Mom of 2

S/C/G: 242/242/160

Height: 5'6"

Morning All!

Sorry this is a quickie -- someone overloaded my desk over the weekend!

I know they did it because I am taking off on Friday but still.

Yea today I will go to the Sec. of State & get the form(s) so I can get that legal just in case they decide to pull me over out of habit now LOL

Have a fabulous day to all - I will check back in when I can

Old 07-24-2006, 08:43 AM   #15  
Give me strength

hey all,
just a quick hello,,,off to work. Shel I enjoyed Pirates...not as much as the first but this was good too.

ttfn
Closed Thread