Old 07-22-2006, 12:05 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Default 3 mile chicks

Alrighty then!!!! Here is our new support group, we are the 3 mile chicks!!!! Woooohooooo!!!! Our group is here to support ANYONE who wants to join, as long as you are moving, it is a good thing!!! The 3 miles has been the standard for me to get my one hour of exercise in. AND Ladies (and Gents), just ONE hour of walking has made a huge difference!!!!! In just 2 and a hlaf weeks, I can feel a difference in the way my clothes fit, and one of my co workers even noticed how much my body has changed!!! Talk about motivating!!!! So, let's keep putting those posts up!! Come on!!! You can do it!! Let's keep each other moving!! Keep in truckin!! Put in that disco music and go!!!!!! ( ok that is my favorite music to walk to, but, Queen hass been getting some really good play time too!!!!) Remember, we are there for each other!
luckyducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 12:32 PM   #2  
Shooting Star

S/C/G: 166/160.2/131

Height: 5'5"

Okay- I had to drive all day yesterday (out of town ball game for oldest kid on travel team) and did not walk BUT today is another day and I will get out with the kids!
HDStreetBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:30 PM   #3  
pole princess!

S/C/G: 136.5/136.5/107

Height: 4'10"

Default Me Me Me!

Oh I could do this! I tend to run 2 miles when I get on the treadmill, I dont think I could run the 3rd mile yet but I could walk it!

Count me in.
Blueyedblond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 02:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Ooops, I linked the thread, and forgot to post in the new one I didn't get in a walk yesterday, because I truly needed to rest my knee, but I'm about to go RIGHT NOW!!

I can't listen to music on my walks because unfortunately my route has some streets with no sidewalks. I have to listen for the cars. But otherwise I would. I use the time to get lost in my thoughts.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:10 PM   #5  
hara hachi bu

Default Saturday

I did the walk to the library today ... 4 miles.
phantastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:23 PM   #6  

Awesome ladies!!!!! I didn't think I was going to get my walk in today, but, I hoofed it when I got home and did my 3 miles in less than an hour!!! It wasn't dark yet!! Wooohooo! I am starting to feel that if i don't get my walk in, my day isn't complete... think I am addicted?
Old 07-23-2006, 12:30 AM   #7  

I went today!!! AND a stranger waved and said "You look good!!!" And it made me walk even faster!!!
Old 07-23-2006, 05:32 AM   #8  
it is what it is

S/C/G: 167/167/130

Height: 5'4"

Thank goodness I finally found you guys. I just notice the pages to click on to keep reading up to the last post.

It great to see everyone so pumped up about staying on track. Even though I just started walking this week, I too have notice my clothes fitting better. I love it!! Thank you LuckyDucky for keeping us going.

Whenever I have appointments on work days I am not always able to walk. You see, I work 3rd shift and sleep prevails on those days. So, I wasn't able to walk Thursday or Friday. But got in some miles Saturday. Went to the Art Fair and walked and walked. Then walked for another 45 min just looking for the car. Which I didn't mind because I knew I was getting in miles. Today will be the end of my first week and hope to have 18 miles in.

Now I have to go and find how to change my weight tracker numbers.

cya
Lachae49
lachae49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 07:21 AM   #9  

hooray for you Lachae49!!! AND LOL on the car thingie!!! I am happy to see all of you posting on here, you all motivate me to continue, and I KNOW it will get harder before it gets easier! I also feel that with perserverance and determination, WE CAN do this!!! I am so happy for all of you that are joining us in this walk to feel better ( and look better)! You all are splenderific!!!!!( BTW this is my NEW word of the week! Happy Trails!!!
Old 07-23-2006, 10:42 PM   #10  

No one checking in today??? The weekends for the next month are jam-packed full for me. I didn't even get one mile in today, but, I was at a horse show all day, so I rode (bareback even, my muscles are gonna hurt tomorrow!!), all afternoon, hopefully, I can get up early enough tomorrow to get my today 3 miles in, and then walk again at night to get the other 3 miles in!! I feel like I am missing something in my life today, and it is cuz I didn't walk!!! sheesh, whoever thought the habit would kick in that quickly!!! Keep it up folks!!! You are doing great!!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 04:55 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Hi all! I love your thread. I try to walk everyday. If it's too hot, I pop in my Leslie Sansone videos and hoof it with her. I am doing 6 miles every morning and I try to do another 3-5 miles in the evening.
It has really beefed up my weight loss this past week and especially with me sticking to my diet more. I do WW for weight loss and weigh in on Thursdays. I lost 3.2 lbs this past week.
Luckyducky: I know what you mean, when I miss walking I constantly thinking how I can fit it in.
Lachae: Congratulations on the 18 miles.
Last week I logged in around 57 miles, between going to the park and doing walk videos. I'm going to have to buy stock in Leslie's company! lol
Anyway, good luck to everyone and I really like this thread.
exquisitern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:03 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by exquisitern
I am doing 6 miles every morning and I try to do another 3-5 miles in the evening.
WOW!!! 6 miles? I've been walking for over a year and I don't do 6 miles!!! That's very impressive!!! WTG!!!!

I walked today!!! The sun was SO hot, but I still walked. I keep shedding time off my walks too: today I did my 3 miles in 42 minutes. I'm going to add another half mile soon.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Wow, 3 miles in 42 minutes. If I walk/jog I can do it in 42 minutes and it's pushing it.
I started out just doing just 1-2 miles. I like to walk outside, but if it's too hot, then I do the walk videos.
Leslie Sansone has on her 5 mile video. one is a 10 minute mile, a 12 minute mile and the others are 14 minutes. She keeps you moving and I usually use 2 lb weights on at least 2-3 of the miles. I'm going to move up to 3 lb weights at the end of the month.
I find it to be very addictive. The more I do, the more I try to do. Right now I am tired of the 180's so I'm trying to work hard to get below 180.
exquisitern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 10:34 PM   #14  

Way to go ladies!!!!!! And gents, if you are reading, feel free to chime in anytime!!! This goes for anyone, doesn't matter what you do as long as you keep moving!!! I NEVER thought I would be walking 3-4 miles each day and 3 weeks later, I just think about walking!!!! whooo hoooo!!! I felt bad about missing yesterday, but, family and life does get in the way, my brother is home from Iraq on his R and R and I really wanted to see him and visit with the rest of my family. But, today I moved my butt!!!! It was really humid but, Queen totally rocks for walking!!! I live right on a state trail, so I don't have to worry about motorized vehicles, just bikes sometimes sneak up behind me and scare the bejeebers out of me!!! Anyway, keep up the splendiferous work!!!! I am looking forward to being motivated by you all also!!!! You all are truly inspiring!!!! Let's keep it moving!!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 11:26 PM   #15  
Shooting Star

S/C/G: 166/160.2/131

Height: 5'5"

Did my 3 miles in the mall- I really do not like the mall but we needed to get out of the house
HDStreetBob is offline   Reply With Quote