General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-21-2006, 01:27 AM   #1  
Finding Me Again

S/C/G: 235/212/140

Height: 5'3"

Default SuperFoods RX: Fourteen Foods That Will Change Your Life

Okay, I'm following the French Diet currently. But I am so very inspired by some of the SuperFoods stories on here, mainly from Glory87, and more recently from alinnell. I am interested in reading some posts from those of you who have had positive experiences with SuperFoods.

What I'm trying to do is to get used to eating the French way, but eventually, I would like to incorporate the SuperFoods into my daily diet. I find that the two methods for weight loss and healthy eating are quite similar.

I purchased SuperFoods immediately after reading one of Glory87's success stories weeks ago and feel that it is right for me. I'm going to attempt to combine what I learned from both books (The French Diet: Why French Women Don't Get Fat and SuperFoods RX: Fourteen Foods That Will Change Your Life) into a customized eating plan for the rest of my life.

Are there any other Super Food-ers out there? Please share your stories. It seems like something more of us should be aware of, and I don't know too many people who are.
olivia627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Olivia, I don't know that much about the French Diet, although the approach of having fresh foods is very similar to the SuperFoods diet. I guess I look at it like this--stay away from processed foods and eat whole foods and try to incorporate as many as the SuperFoods into my diet each day as I can. I can safely say I don't get the 10 a day that Glory87 strives for, but I'm getting there! I took the SuperFoods book and created a spread sheet of the foods in each group so I can refer to it easier when creating my shopping list. One of my biggest changes is more seafood--my kids don't like seafood, and I'm not a huge fan, but I've been eating more and I appreciate the low calories and benefits of the Omega3 oils.

You've obviously been doing the right thing so far with your weight loss. Keep it up!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:03 PM   #3  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

Dolly started a superfoods thread and Glory fueled it .. now it's a monster.
Come check us out. It's in the 100 pound club threads but noone seems to mind if you have a hundred pounds to lose or no pounds to lose. It's a very supportive and informative group.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 03:12 PM   #4  
The Beauty of Balance

S/C/G: 213/193~196/<195

Height: 5'7"

I'm sorry.. I thought I posted the link.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88688
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 10:10 PM   #5  
Finding Me Again

S/C/G: 235/212/140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Jayde! I found it and will continue to follow that thread. It is jam packed with great info!
olivia627 is offline   Reply With Quote