Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 03:00 PM   #1  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Default The Winning Losers - July - All are welcome

The Winning Losers

This checkin is for anyone that has weight to lose, but especially for those that have 100+ pounds to lose. Losing weight takes alot of work and committment and hopefully being part of a check-in gives you a little bit of accountability. Sure, you can leave anytime you want, but once you form a connection with others in your group, you probably won't. So enough with the speech, since this is the first month, it's probably best we start with a brief intro.

My name is Elycia and I live in St. Louis, MO. I am 30, married to my best friend with twin daughters, that you can see in my avatar. I gained quite a bit of weight during my pregnancy (80 lbs to be exact), but I dropped 45 lbs within 3 weeks of having them. However, within 3-4 months I managed to gain back most of the 45 that I lost. This has been very discouraging and I am very displeased with how I look and feel. So, that is why I decided to organize a check in because I am very committed to losing this weight and want to help others if I can.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 289/289/269 mini goal weight

Hi I just wanted to jump in and get the ball rolling I have more then 100 lbs to go.. I will be taking this step one day at a time. Sometimes minute by minute. But, with support I have already got from this awesome site I am sure to be a sucess.. I am 30 years old happily married. I have a teenage son and my husband has two teen sons as well. I hope to lose weight in order to be healthy and HAPPY...
Old 07-19-2006, 03:33 PM   #3  

Smile

Hello, my name is Aqua. I am a mother, and I am married. I have to lose 75 pounds.

Wednesdays are typically when I check myself, even though in the past I have had a bad habit of being a compulsive scale watcher (a daily checker). I have lost a lot of weight in the past, but I put it all back on. I am actually very depressed about it, but I am going to give it a go again with the hope that this time will be when I finally "get it" and can fight my addiction to sugar on a permanent basis.

Thank you for having a check in. I think this will be a very powerful tool for me.

I am a HUGE u2 fan by the way!!!! Larry Mullen Jr. is waaaaaaayyyyyyy hot!!!!!
Old 07-19-2006, 04:39 PM   #4  
On my way...

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

my intro....

My name is Stacy and I'm from southeastern South Dakota. I've been married for four years (together 8.5 yrs!!!) and we have a beautiful 15mo old daughter. I only gained 16lbs during pregnancy, but I started at 254 . I've ALWAYS been overweight. I distinctly remember being 123lb in 4th grade. I starved myself junior year of high school and got down to 175 from 214. Went up steadily in college to 254. Got down to 225 before I got married, then back up again...January 1, 2006, I was 266. Only 4lb shy of my full-term pregnancy weight I got off to a slow start then completely stopped until the end of May. I've finally decided that this is it. I have to do this. For me, for my daughter, for my husband. I'm too young to be this tired all the time. I'm too young to be ashamed of my body.

I would like a daily check-in to keep me accountable if anybody else is up to it!
Old 07-19-2006, 08:13 PM   #5  

Sure, I'll pop in every day to state my victories and mishaps.

Nice to meet all of you.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:18 PM   #6  
.::Princess::.

S/C/G: 308/288/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone. My name is Sarah and I'm from Cleveland, Ohio. I weighed almost 310 at one point and my most recent "Start" weight was 303. This has been a crazy year for me so far... I was doing GREAT at the beginning of the year but an unexpected pregnancy derailed me. Then after miscarrying I had to wait another month to start back. I recently went back to school and I work full-time so I am swamped. I belong to a gym and I have a program there... I've just be TERRIBLE about going. I hope you girls can help keep me in line! I'll do my best to check in daily... I ate BAD today and didn't exercise...lol So, tomorrow's another day! Good luck all!
Old 07-19-2006, 11:54 PM   #7  
GrobanitePrincess

S/C/G: 275/260/150

Height: 5'10

Default hi

Hi there. I am Laramie "Woodspritechick", I just joined a little bit ago and am looking for support and friends. I think this is a great sit! I am currently 270 lbs and want to lose at least 100 big lbs. I hope to meet some friends here. Please email me if you like

Woodspritechick
Old 07-20-2006, 12:18 AM   #8  
Slow and Steady

Hello everyone. I'm glad to see this group forming. I think having some friends to share the everyday struggles of weight loss will be very helpful.

About me... I am a 39 year old wife and mom of 3. My age is starting to freak me out a bit so I decided at the beginning of the year to lose weight so that I could get healthy and get to see my (future) grandchildren grow up. I am a stay at home mom but am considering going back to work once my youngest starts school full time. I just can't decide though. I do know that if I am going to take on the challenge of working full time plus raising my kids and being a good wife that I had better lose weight so that I'll have more energy.

Well, it's nice to meet you all. I look forward to talking to you all daily.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:53 AM   #9  
GrobanitePrincess

S/C/G: 275/260/150

Height: 5'10

Default Hey

Hi Maggie,
Nice to meet you. What kind of work do you do or plan on doing if you go back? I agree with you that having friends here will help out alot. I need all the friends and support I can get. I try to eat healthy, but I am an emotional eater and when I do eat bad things, I over do it.

Talk with you later,
Woodspritechick
Old 07-20-2006, 09:37 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 289/289/269 mini goal weight

Good Morning
I am dragging today because I slept way longer than I normally do.. So I need to give myself a few before I run fun the gym.. I did good last night. I went to cvs to have my perscription filled and I was craving chocolate so bad! But I did not buy it! That was big for me. Before I would of said what the **** I will work harder tomorrow.. So I came home had 2 hershey kisses instead of a BIG bar and 2 fig newtowns. I was satisfied with that.. I am very happy with me. The big bar would have sent me over the guilt edge and I would of thought I already blew it what does it hurt. Today I need to remember my cd player. I really do not care to here people next to me at the gym. This one lady made a comment yesterday about people on ellpitcals with magazine! She said how can they do that they can't see their stats.. Why does she care? If it makes life eaiser for the person to have a magazine then so be it.. I prefer music myself. She was making remarks about the woman in front of her. Have a blessed day everone and make it count..
Old 07-20-2006, 10:00 AM   #11  

Thumbs up

Hello ladies!!!

TiffanyinMass, I have seen that in the gym before!!! I can totally relate!! Some ladies are just like that. They obsess over what other people are doing-and sometimes it is just rude. I had a lady like that in the gym I used to go to. I would just smile at her and then do what I felt was best for me. Some people get more winded when they see their stats. It is a psychological thing.

As for me, I have some confessions already. I followed my plan yeaterday until about 7:30 PM, and then I had a binge. I had bold chex mix (dang near half a bag of the smaller bag), and some dulce de leche kisses. Maybe 7-8 of them. Oh, mercy.... did I ever feel like garbage afterward.

So this morning, I get up and I had a struggle with my coffee. To sweeten or not to sweeten, that is the question. I kept looking at the sugar, and the dulce de leche kisses... back and forth, back and forth... well I made it. I poured my coffee, added a small amount of half and half and wlked out of the kitchen. I was fine when I got out of there. Does that sound crazy or what?

So, this far today I'm still in good with myself.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:14 PM   #12  
Slow and Steady

Good morning(ish).

I actually had a decent day yesterday. I have been struggling for a while with uncontrolled eating. I've been hovering around the same weight for a few weeks. I'm hoping to put a good week together and actually lose some weight by next Wednesday's weigh in.

~Woodspritechick, nice to meet you too! I love your avatar. Josh is such a cutie. Is it hot in Arizona??? (I think I know the answer to that, ) Here in Indiana it is hotter than, well, you know. It's like walking into a sauna out there. Unfortunately, I hate sweating so bad that I haven't gone for my daily walk in a very long time. I am so ready for autumn to arrive.
To answer your question about a job, I'm not sure what I am looking for really. There is a Honda factory opening up near here and I may apply there when they start taking applications. I hear that the wages and benefits are pretty decent. If I don't get that job, I'm thinking about just doing some pretty major e-baying to make some extra $$$.

~Tiffany and Aqua, you go girls! I admire anyone who can go to a public gym. I don't have the confidence yet to exercise in front of other people.

~Aqua, that chex mix is a killer. I bought some in the past thinking that it wasn't too bad on calories but I couldn't control myself and binged on it. I have decided that I can't keep anything like that in the house. This doesn't make my kids happy, however.

Have a great day everybody!
Old 07-20-2006, 12:45 PM   #13  
On my way...

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday was a pretty good day for me (eating wise). I had an ice cream treat (YUMMY ) but still stayed within my calorie range. I figure I can't deny myself a treat forever, so just as long as I can be sensible about it, I might as well have it.

In other news, my daughter had her 15mo checkup today...22lb14oz...50th percentile. I hope, hope, hope she never has to deal with weight issues. She also had 3 shots which were not enjoyable for either her or I.

It really does look like we have a good group going here! Let's keep it up ladies!
Old 07-20-2006, 12:54 PM   #14  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Hey all, I'm Caroline and I'm 33, single, and finishing my Masters degree in Library Science. I'm working a weird schedule right now and taking classes full time, so I might be sporadic about checking in, but I'll definitely do so when I can. Having a support system really does make all the difference.

I record most of the Deep Thoughts about my weight loss journey at my diet journal (link in my signature), so if you want to know the gory details you can find them there. Or I will post more of them here when I'm not running late for work, as usual! Working the evening shift makes it so much harder to get there on time. I really never thought I'd prefer mornings.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:33 PM   #15  
Spanish Eyes

S/C/G: 338/318/180

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies. I would love to join you! My name is Stephanie and I am 23 years old. I am single and work as a home health aide (with plans to start workin' on my LPN certification in the fall). I have pretty much always been overweight. I started WW before my wedding in 2002 and lost 40 lbs. but I have gained back every bit of it, PLUS more. Since then, I have gotten divorced and was in another relationship for nearly 2 years but that just recently ended. My ex wanted to eat fast food EVERY day, sometimes twice a day and I've always had a problem saying no (not blaming him, I know I could've just said NO at any time ), so my weight sky-rocketed when we were living together.

But now I am more motivated than ever to lose weight! My main motivation is that I want to have children someday, when I meet the right person, and I want to be able to do everything with my children and live to see my grandchildren.

I will keep checkin' in. I hope you all have a fabulous day!
Closed Thread