Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-19-2006, 07:11 PM   #1  
Failure is not an OPTION!

S/C/G: 276/187/145

Height: 5'6

Default I FELL OFF!!! sighh

So yeah its been 1 week in half since me and my treadmill have had our nightly dates (yes he is my only true boyfriend, lets me walk and run all over him and he clears my head). I miss him so much, I been eating recklessly because (well not quite recklessly but yeah), my other lover my life Fitday has been getting the cold shoulder ...also my 3FC family has too ... So just publicly recommiting myself back to the family. My mom said that its going to be hard for me to start exercizing again. I really stopped because I was having ankle problems, ( uhh yeah I hate walking so I run on treadmill, i can only imagin the damage i am doing to my ankle, with this weight). Argggg its 6:33 ... 27 minutes to my fabulous date with my treadmill and thanks to Lords and Taylor I will be sporting some lovely DKNY sweat pants that i got on sale. Has anyone had slumps like this and recovered?????????, I am still having ankle problems, but I am feeling fatter and fatter each day I do not exercise and lack of exercise just messes up everything else with counting calories. I tried to ace bandage my ankle first couple of days but, that was not doing much the pain just comes and goes. Its only really hurts (not hurts but just feels weird) when I am walking down the stairs and when running .... Clueless I AM!!!
love1384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:22 PM   #2  

I feel ya. I stopped exercising regularly for a few weeks, now I am back and it's hard. I would take advil every 4 hours for a week or so. Also, you don't have to go balls out...try walking and working your way up to running again. Just don't give up. Do something....not doing anything will make you give up on the food as well...and then it's all downhill....trust me.
Infrogwetrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:38 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

What does hurting your ankle have to do with counting calories? Weight loss is mostly diet (although exercise is extremely benefical both for losing weight and long term health).

If a hurt ankle makes it hard to eat right, consider the changes you've made to your diet. Are they too hard to stick with? If you want to lose weight and keep it off, sustainable changes are key.

A week isn't that long. Plan for healthy meals/snacks tomorrow and follow through.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:20 AM   #4  
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Hey I am with you!!! I haven't workout since friday my eating has kinda slacked too! so what I did ( and normally do) was brought out my fitness magazines (oxygen, muscle and fitness hers) and re-read them...I read mostly the 'fatloss' special and the nutrition special...but seeing those girls in such great shae has motivated me to start fresh...on monday I decided that I am taking this week off!
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 08:57 AM   #5  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

When we were getting ready to move and cleaning and painting our new place I ate HORRIBLE and stopped my 80 min of bike riding every morning (but I was getting exercise while cleaning and painting) anyway after about 5 days of it I focused on getting the eating under control, I worked on that for about a week and only just got back to the exercise. I am doing totally fine and I don't consider a slip at all, I think my body needed that bit of a break and those days sleeping in and now I am feeling great.

You can do it, good luck.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:15 AM   #6  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Nice to see you back.
Don't let one slip up affect your healthier lifestyle so much. Even if you can't/don't exercise (which I often do) you can still exert control over your eating habits. I think that too often people make one lil slip up or don't exercise or something and then say to **** with the whole program.......when it doesn't have to be like that.
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 11:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

I agree, dust yourself off. Smile and do things that help to motivate you, like talking to peers that are or have gone through the same thing.
I love walking, you can do it slow or fast. I think it is better on the joints, but is very aerobic.
But even if you can't exercise, do get your diet back in gear. Losing weight is a matter of taking less calories in than you expend.
Congratulations on starting back. Keep it up.
exquisitern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:07 PM   #8  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good for you for "confessing" and climbing back on board! And yah I would guess that MOST of us have had slumps and yes, we will recover from them and so can YOU!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

I slumped for 4 months and I'm back! 1.5 weeks is not much but it is good to stay steady for the course and to admit your slump and get back on as soon as possible. Those slumps can turn into Nevers (that's the true danger). I personally am not the gungho excercise fiend or even the all healthy diet fiend. I watch my diet, excercise when I can, and go for the course and it works.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:48 PM   #10  
PinkSnowDays

S/C/G: 260/250/150

I know exactly how you feel I went through the same thing! I was working out at the gym 5 days a week for at least an hour, eating good and lost 15 pounds.... broke my ankle (babysitting of all things) and gained about 20 pounds between emotional eating and stress eating during finals. While I am scared to use some of the weight machines for legs at the gym I am ready to get back on the elliptical and stair steper. Do you have axcess to any of these machines? I know treadmils hurt my ankle. Elipticalls are really low impact and might help you ease back into the treadmill. Or swimming? That is low impact to help build/let your ankle repair. Good luck and keep your head up!
PinkSnowDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:59 AM   #11  
Failure is not an OPTION!

S/C/G: 276/187/145

Height: 5'6

Thanks Everyone Im back on my grind, and back like never before knocked out a good 10 miles on tread mill and ab exercise. However i am trying to get my nutrients back in order. Uhh Im thinking this low carb thing isnt for me ... carbs rule the world secretly. Its way to hot to eat proteins all the time. I will try and keep it low, (but what is low anyway???) . I think 100 grams is low but my treadmill reads the amount of carbs to burn and it takes forever to just burn 50?!?!?!
love1384 is offline   Reply With Quote